Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New coaches salary

Default New coaches salary

On a $500-$600 thousand dollar starting salary, who on all these are realistic canidates? I know there have been some real big names pitched but who is most likely?

Default Re: New coaches salary

If the base is around 700k and the incentives surpass what hud was making we should be in the running for some damn good coaches

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    If the base is around 700k and the incentives surpass what hud was making we should be in the running for some damn good coaches
    But if we are on the hook for 1.5 mil plus the new coaches salary. Without some big money coming in behind the scenes I dont know how we get much higher than 600,000. Last I heard tye atheletic program was already borderline broke.

I believe it will be the incentives in the contract that will make the most difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    But if we are on the hook for 1.5 mil plus the new coaches salary. Without some big money coming in behind the scenes I dont know how we get much higher than 600,000. Last I heard tye atheletic program was already borderline broke.
    Buyout can be paid in increments but see what you're saying

But if we are on the hook for 1.5 mils plus the new coaches salary. Without some big money coming in behind the scenes I dont know how we get much higher than 600,000. Last I heard tye athletic program was already borderline broke.
    We may have some great supporters helping out with that cost

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We may have some great supporters helping out with that cost
    Well, according posters on this board, we already had the money to buy him out.

The athletic program is always borderline broke. Every bit of money taken in is going to be utilized to benefit the program. That's every athletic program. So, it's a matter of view on the "broke" part.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    The athletic program is always borderline broke. Every bit of money taken in is going to be utilized to benefit the program. That's every athletic program. So, it's a matter of view on the "broke" part.
    I don't know that big money schools are in the same boat. LSU A&M @ BR gives millions to academia. They have fall back built in. I've heard we have had to be creative to pay for certain aspects of NOLA bowl trips.

I don't know that big money schools are in the same boat. LSU A&M @ BR gives millions to academia. They have fall back built in.
    OK, so that makes 1 of only a handful of schools that can do that. Most others spend 100% of available funds on their athletic budget, whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    OK, so that makes 1 of only a handful of schools that can do that. Most others spend 100% of available funds on their athletic budget, whatever it may be.
    So is your opinion that we can pay our new coach 1+ mil starting salary?

I don't know that big money schools are in the same boat. LSU A&M @ BR gives millions to academia. They have fall back built in. I've heard we have had to be creative to pay for certain aspects of NOLA bowl trips.
    The fact is that most schools, even big programs run at a deficit.. in 2014, the ENTIRE ACC ran a deficit for their athletic programs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Are you saying we don't have the money? So Dr. Savoie fired his coach and has no money available to hire another right now?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Are you saying we don't have the money? So Dr. Savoie fired his coach and has no money available to hire another right now?
    T my question is how much do we have or willing to spend. I know for a fact that we have not had the money to cover expenses in the past. There may have been some big donors step in and agree to pay the 1.5 mil. I'm just wondering what is a realistic salary for the next coach.

I said no such thing.

My comment was in response to "we MAY have some supporters helping us out." My comment was there were posters that said those supporters had already ponied up.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Uh..

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    The fact is that most schools, even big programs run at a deficit.. in 2014, the ENTIRE ACC ran a deficit for their athletic programs
    In 2017 FSU made it up.
    http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...nses/83251254/

I only looked up 1.

I expect to see a decent base salary and the rest heavy of production incentives. Coach, you win games and the university wins, and then you win again on payday.

I'm not worried about money at this point. If money was a big problem, Maggard would have been instructed to wait at least till 1 Jan to shave $500K off the buy-out.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Most look even or positive here.

Blog Entries

T my question is how much do we have or willing to spend. I know for a fact that we have not had the money to cover expenses in the past. There may have been some big donors step in and agree to pay the 1.5 mil. I'm just wondering what is a realistic salary for the next coach.
    This is simply my opinion, but when I look at the winning programs in the SBC, MAC or CUSA the number seems to be between $600K to $700K plus incentives. To me that is a good place to start, providing we add more for the assistant's salaries. Any good coach is going to want to have more money to put together the staff he needs to be successful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast