Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Board

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: Sunbelt Board

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    After reading all this it is VERY clear to me that we all MUST quickly move away from referencing our athletic teams as UL. We must ALL push Louisiana as much as possible. I don't know if that means we switch the caps to LA but this is the only leg our opposition has to stand on. We all say Louisiana they won't have ____.
    Spot on.

We need to make ourselves say Louisiana when talking about our university. STOP saying UL. It only hinders our branding as Louisiana. When abbreviating while typing or writing, use LA or ULA.

Bumper Sticker/T-Shirt:

We Are Louisiana
    Forget U

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Bear, ask 'em the logic of leaving that thread there versus making it go away. I'd love to see the response.
    Yep. Or the 'logic' of saying it's much easier to say ULL (which is not even the issue) because its shorter than LA or even Louisiana, yet TEW, a moderator, starts a thread calling us 'Louisiana-Lafayette.' Like anyone doesn't type that mouthful just to troll us....but of course they all deny it.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Spot on.

We need to make ourselves say Louisiana when talking about our university. STOP saying UL. It only hinders our branding as Louisiana. When abbreviating while typing or writing, use LA or ULA.

Bumper Sticker/T-Shirt:

We Are Louisiana
    Forget U
    Not the same F word I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not the same F word I was thinking of.
    Check out schools like Fresno State (Cal State University Fresno) or VA Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University). They never use University with their shortened name nor
    do they use a U with their initials because they are not using their official name. We are the same way, using Louisiana and not using a U with our initials unless we have the City tag. UL is good to use on this website, but the university has not approved use of it without Lafayette.

So, seems like we should use what we are branding ourselves and be consistent with it. LOUISIANA does that. But, we don't use LA instead of UL, yet we tell the media to do so. So far, the media is accepting Louisiana but not LA, instead using ULL.

Then, we start issuing Lettermen Jackets again, but use UL Lafayette, something we tell the media not to call us athletically. What better represents Louisiana than an L? Like A for Alabama and Arkansas, F for Florida, N for Nebraska, M for Michigan, and T for Texas and Tennessee. So, why don't we use an L like they use? Why don't we call it the L Club. Who cares what Louisiana State calls their Club. We are the L, for Louisiana.

We need to use L on our baseball and softball caps and visors and maybe even on our helmet with Louisiana on our uniforms. I like UL and I prefer ULA (in great company with UGA and UVA). I wish Dr. S would get bold on the use of ULA, but he doesn't seem inclined to push that envelope. I doubt we would get much kickback if we started using L and ULA. What better says Louisiana?

Blog Entries

"Letter" man jacket.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Those clowns questioned if I was someone already banned at one point. Told them to check my IP. I knew my time was short even though I had never signed up before. I had called them out. I deleted a post or two knowing the reaper was coming, nothing, significant. Banned for life. Fork 'em.

MAT, don't waste your time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Those clowns questioned if I was someone already banned at one point. Told them to check my IP. I knew my time was short even though I had never signed up before. I had called them out. I deleted a post or two knowing the reaper was coming, nothing, significant. Banned for life. Fork 'em.

MAT, don't waste your time.
    They are making sure you weren't me, Zee or a few others. LOL!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    we need to send our secret weapon cajunhawk to that site. Espionage will reign!!!

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    we need to send our secret weapon cajunhawk to that site. Espionage will reign!!!
    Do you realize how fast they'd ban him from the site. He won't get past his second posting. He'll rip someone's metaphorical rectum out inside of 2 posts on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Check out schools like Fresno State (Cal State University Fresno) or VA Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University). They never use University with their shortened name nor
    do they use a U with their initials because they are not using their official name. We are the same way, using Louisiana and not using a U with our initials unless we have the City tag. UL is good to use on this website, but the university has not approved use of it without Lafayette.

So, seems like we should use what we are branding ourselves and be consistent with it. LOUISIANA does that. But, we don't use LA instead of UL, yet we tell the media to do so. So far, the media is accepting Louisiana but not LA, instead using ULL.

Then, we start issuing Lettermen Jackets again, but use UL Lafayette, something we tell the media not to call us athletically. What better represents Louisiana than an L? Like A for Alabama and Arkansas, F for Florida, N for Nebraska, M for Michigan, and T for Texas and Tennessee. So, why don't we use an L like they use? Why don't we call it the L Club. Who cares what Louisiana State calls their Club. We are the L, for Louisiana.

We need to use L on our baseball and softball caps and visors and maybe even on our helmet with Louisiana on our uniforms. I like UL and I prefer ULA (in great company with UGA and UVA). I wish Dr. S would get bold on the use of ULA, but he doesn't seem inclined to push that envelope. I doubt we would get much kickback if we started using L and ULA. What better says Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    It even goes well with these helmets

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Sunbelt Board

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And that little girl grew up to be Kim Davis.
    i just threw up a little in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Do you realize how fast they'd ban him from the site. He won't get past his second posting. He'll rip someone's metaphorical rectum out inside of 2 posts on that site.
    Several more great posts on the sunbelt board calling out the mods and overall chitty treatment of ul fans. Gotta wonder how much longer those scumbags will allow it.
    Meanwhile, that 'troll' post by 'dawgarse' is still allowed, is on plain view and gaining more views every day. But I'm sure that is not why they did not just delete it before anyone saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Several more great posts on the sunbelt board calling out the mods and overall chitty treatment of ul fans. Gotta wonder how much longer those scumbags will allow it.
    Meanwhile, that 'troll' post by 'dawgarse' is still allowed, is on plain view and gaining more views every day. But I'm sure that is not why they did not just delete it before anyone saw it.
    They not only didn't delete it, TEW put "troll thread" in the title to make sure everyone would take note of it. What possible good does that thread do for the site other than provoking the few Cajun fans who still bother to post there or read the site? And rest assured that at least one of those mods is over here reading this thread, so they're aware of our disgust.

Now, contrast that to the thread titled "A question of Texas State - San Marcos fans" that was deleted (because the mod "knew" where it was going) from the site even though it wasn't trollish and Texas State fans were calmly responding to the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think they thought I was LCF. He had just gotten booted.

Best thing we can do is win...and not post on those taint lickers' site.

Does Georgia Tech Swagger still run the show?

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Think so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    That looks good

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Yes, he does. When that mod staff wants to weasel-out of making a decision, which is often, they call him in to do the heavy lifting. Along with mod duties, he should have given them spines.

Never been on that site and have no desire to go there - especially after this hogwash.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast