_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Board

Default Re: Sunbelt Board

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And that little girl grew up to be Kim Davis.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Why on earth would any of you expect to be treated with respect on a SBC board...when everyone here (rightfully) craps all over the same SBC at every opportunity on this site?...don't dog curse the conference members bc you don't want any future ties to them...yet expect those same schools to cater to our every wish.
    For the record, I once posted there often, was respectful of the Sunbelt, and eventually named a moderator. Once a moderator, I proposed some very reasonable guidelines for the name issue so that we could hopefully dial back the name-calling and get more Cajun fans to participate. I was as sick as anyone of the ULaLa and assorted other crap. My fellow mods weren't interested in the idea and told me to take it to GTS (Georgia Tech Swagger) one of the owners of the site. I did.

GTS told me to take it up with my fellow mods. When I told him I already had, he told me he'd get back to me. Later he told me there were no "safe spaces" and to just grow a thick skin. Ok, I'll do that, if everyone gets treated equally. Imagine my surprise when I later learned that "Memphis High" was a filtered phrase that could not be used on the site. Imagine my surprise when the thread titled Texas State - San Marcos got canned immediately because of the name used.

What I learned working with that group is that they can't be trusted and that they're the most inconsistent mod staff I've ever seen anywhere EXCEPT when it comes to crapping on Cajun fans.

After reading all this it is VERY clear to me that we all MUST quickly move away from referencing our athletic teams as UL. We must ALL push Louisiana as much as possible. I don't know if that means we switch the caps to LA but this is the only leg our opposition has to stand on. We all say Louisiana they won't have ____.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Do I need to go in there and wreck shop?
    Don't give them the clicks, besides, they'll ban you quicker than a cat can lick his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    For the record, I once posted there often, was respectful of the Sunbelt, and eventually named a moderator. Once a moderator, I proposed some very reasonable guidelines for the name issue so that we could hopefully dial back the name-calling and get more Cajun fans to participate. I was as sick as anyone of the ULaLa and assorted other crap. My fellow mods weren't interested in the idea and told me to take it to GTS (Georgia Tech Swagger) one of the owners of the site. I did.

GTS told me to take it up with my fellow mods. When I told him I already had, he told me he'd get back to me. Later he told me there were no "safe spaces" and to just grow a thick skin. Ok, I'll do that, if everyone gets treated equally. Imagine my surprise when I later learned that "Memphis High" was a filtered phrase that could not be used on the site. Imagine my surprise when the thread titled Texas State - San Marcos got canned immediately because of the name used.

What I learned working with that group is that they can't be trusted and that they're the most inconsistent mod staff I've ever seen anywhere EXCEPT when it comes to crapping on Cajun fans.
    It's like they know what we know, and what we've known for a very long time. All the ingredients are here, we just need to get the right mix of management (AD, Coaches, Administrators) in place and it will happen. They don't want IT to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It's like they know what we know, and what we've known for a very long time. All the ingredients are here, we just need to get the right mix of management (AD, Coaches, Administrators) in place and it will happen. They don't want IT to happen.
    You nailed it sir.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Poo Poo found his new brand of comedy...
    Haha! Ahhhh, my old friend Hawk. I missed you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    No, they killed that thread after the 1st post....
    No, they closed the thread for comment but left it there for everyone to see. They could delete the thread with a single keystroke, but then, not everyone would be able to get in a snicker.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No, they closed the thread for comment but left it there for everyone to see. They could delete the thread with a single keystroke, but then, not everyone would be able to get in a snicker.
    I know what they did.....I read it....

Other than adding TROLL THREAD to the title to get everyone's attention, did they make any other changes. Of course, Dawgarse probably got zero warning for the troll, heck, they probably tossed him a bone.

Seriously, there is ZERO reason to leave that thread there with its trollish language other than to try to embarrass Cajun fans.

F'em and feed'em fish heads!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Other than adding TROLL THREAD to the title to get everyone's attention, did they make any other changes. Of course, Dawgarse probably got zero warning for the troll, heck, they probably tossed him a bone.

Seriously, there is ZERO reason to leave that thread there with its trollish language other than to try to embarrass Cajun fans.
    I agree with you.....that's why I posted earlier maybe we all should leave that site alone. You know a,good way for our programs and fans to handle this? Let's do our "talking" on the field, on the court and in the stands......

Bear, ask 'em the logic of leaving that thread there versus making it go away. I'd love to see the response.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    After reading all this it is VERY clear to me that we all MUST quickly move away from referencing our athletic teams as UL. We must ALL push Louisiana as much as possible. I don't know if that means we switch the caps to LA but this is the only leg our opposition has to stand on. We all say Louisiana they won't have ____.
    Spot on.

We need to make ourselves say Louisiana when talking about our university. STOP saying UL. It only hinders our branding as Louisiana. When abbreviating while typing or writing, use LA or ULA.

Bumper Sticker/T-Shirt:

We Are Louisiana
    Forget U

Bear, ask 'em the logic of leaving that thread there versus making it go away. I'd love to see the response.
    Yep. Or the 'logic' of saying it's much easier to say ULL (which is not even the issue) because its shorter than LA or even Louisiana, yet TEW, a moderator, starts a thread calling us 'Louisiana-Lafayette.' Like anyone doesn't type that mouthful just to troll us....but of course they all deny it.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Spot on.

We need to make ourselves say Louisiana when talking about our university. STOP saying UL. It only hinders our branding as Louisiana. When abbreviating while typing or writing, use LA or ULA.

Bumper Sticker/T-Shirt:

We Are Louisiana
    Forget U
    Not the same F word I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not the same F word I was thinking of.
    Check out schools like Fresno State (Cal State University Fresno) or VA Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University). They never use University with their shortened name nor
    do they use a U with their initials because they are not using their official name. We are the same way, using Louisiana and not using a U with our initials unless we have the City tag. UL is good to use on this website, but the university has not approved use of it without Lafayette.

So, seems like we should use what we are branding ourselves and be consistent with it. LOUISIANA does that. But, we don't use LA instead of UL, yet we tell the media to do so. So far, the media is accepting Louisiana but not LA, instead using ULL.

Then, we start issuing Lettermen Jackets again, but use UL Lafayette, something we tell the media not to call us athletically. What better represents Louisiana than an L? Like A for Alabama and Arkansas, F for Florida, N for Nebraska, M for Michigan, and T for Texas and Tennessee. So, why don't we use an L like they use? Why don't we call it the L Club. Who cares what Louisiana State calls their Club. We are the L, for Louisiana.

We need to use L on our baseball and softball caps and visors and maybe even on our helmet with Louisiana on our uniforms. I like UL and I prefer ULA (in great company with UGA and UVA). I wish Dr. S would get bold on the use of ULA, but he doesn't seem inclined to push that envelope. I doubt we would get much kickback if we started using L and ULA. What better says Louisiana?

Blog Entries

"Letter" man jacket.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Those clowns questioned if I was someone already banned at one point. Told them to check my IP. I knew my time was short even though I had never signed up before. I had called them out. I deleted a post or two knowing the reaper was coming, nothing, significant. Banned for life. Fork 'em.

MAT, don't waste your time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Those clowns questioned if I was someone already banned at one point. Told them to check my IP. I knew my time was short even though I had never signed up before. I had called them out. I deleted a post or two knowing the reaper was coming, nothing, significant. Banned for life. Fork 'em.

MAT, don't waste your time.
    They are making sure you weren't me, Zee or a few others. LOL!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast