_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Board

Default Re: Sunbelt Board

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I think there will be a little movement at the top to P5 with back filling. Then, there will be a creation of a "best of the rest" conference formed to be the equal of the MWC and the AAC. We have to be in that league if we aren't part of the backfilling to the other 2.
    USF and UCF building that resume for P5. We must do the same for that "best of the rest" conference.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Do you guys think it will be a complete G5 reshuffle, or just a few select schools moving around?
    Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Armageddon
    I like this answer. Chaos sometimes creates the best opportunities.

Do you guys think it will be a complete G5 reshuffle, or just a few select schools moving around?
    Complete overhaul

I like this answer. Chaos sometimes creates the best opportunities.
    Wrong. Chaos ALWAYS creates the best opportunities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Wrong. Chaos ALWAYS creates the best opportunities.
    Chaos is like going bankrupt.

You lose everything but the opportunities are endless ... Once the chaos ends.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    yep

We make the right move here, we punch our ticket for a top G5 conference. IMHO
    As we learned the last time around it's not enough to have a good coach or a solid football program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    As we learned the last time around it's not enough to have a good coach or a solid football program.
    Except we had neither IIRC.............nor a competent AD.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    What we had was inadequate leadership. There's a strong chance that's been remedied.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    Don't blow up... we're talking about the massive disrespect we get on a conference forum. They obviously don't care for us... but we're supposed to care about them? We are going to be in the SBC until we aren't. And whenever that happens... I seriously doubt we'll be making the wrong move. Acting gleeful about being in the SBC... in the meantime... does nothing for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I was told the difference between a cult and a religion once. A cult is created by one person, who knows it's all bull____. In a religion...that dude is dead.
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly. "Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?" The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know ____?" And then she went back to reading her book.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    First we need to get this football program where it belongs and start caving in skulls on the field.....
    This right here ^^^^. How can you even think about leaving the Belt if you can't win the belt?

It is the same sort of thing with the name issue as well. We have our own people ULLing and Louisiana-Lafayetting us to death. Seems to me that we have to get our own house in order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This right here ^^^^. How can you even think about leaving the Belt if you can't win the belt?
    Ok... ok... but just as soon as we win that belt... we gone!

Blog Entries

It is the same sort of thing with the name issue as well. We have our own people ULLing and Louisiana-Lafayetting us to death. Seems to me that we have to get our own house in order.
    You can pretty much tell a persons point of origin and first exposure to UL by their phraseology early on.

Today we're light years ahead of where we were a year ago on the name issue. As for competing in the Belt, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Chaos is like going bankrupt.

You lose everything but the opportunities are endless ... Once the chaos ends.
    That's true. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly. "Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?" The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know ____?" And then she went back to reading her book.
    😂😂😂😂😂

And here's what Arky State mod has to say about our branding efforts:

"Because its an unwinnable fight. Heck, most of Arkansas State still doesn't use UL despite the Sun Belt's supposed direction to the contrary. Every now and then we'll use it in press releases, but game staff, athletic department employees use ULL.

We've been playing them for 30 plus years...it's just never going to change with us. They'll always be ULL, no matter how hard they try to get that stopped."

Fark 'em, call 'em the Indians.

We've been playing them for 30 plus years...it's just never going to change with us. They'll always be ULL, no matter how hard they try to get that stopped."

Nah, they'd.probably like that.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    And here's what Arky State mod has to say about our branding efforts:

"Because its an unwinnable fight. Heck, most of Arkansas State still doesn't use UL despite the Sun Belt's supposed direction to the contrary. Every now and then we'll use it in press releases, but game staff, athletic department employees use ULL.

Call them the Hogs.. their name confuses you. Isn't it the Arkansas State Razorbacks?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast