Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 147

Thread: Sunbelt Board

  1. #21
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,795

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Sigh.....I give up Turbine.....


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,624
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If you want to be independent and compete for national titles you have to build a national brand! Let them know who you are and have the brand of a notre dame or BYU! That is the only way to survive as an indy.
    Agreed, and I don't think there is any school in the country with more potential ( for establishing a National Brand ) than the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    979

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    First we need to get this football program where it belongs and start caving in skulls on the field.....
    Allow me to give you a HUGE GREEN DOT!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    922

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Problem is that if we were getting 50,000 a game and we were winning the Sunbelt every year I could see having that national brand, but we are not there yet, if you think right now we compare to BYU, or Notre Dame y'all are delusional, I think we could be a national brand but we are not there yet.


  5. #25
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Allow me to give you a HUGE GREEN DOT!!
    Lol....I'd like to thank the academy for this award and I couldn't have done this without the support of my wife.".......

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,624
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Prediction: No Sun Belt member will ever establish a "National Brand."

    None.

    The inherent forced schedule will never allow a break out persona.


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    979

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    "Lol....I'd like to thank the academy for this award and I couldn't have done this without the support of my wife.".......
    LOVE IT!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    613

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Prediction: No Sun Belt member will ever establish a "National Brand."

    None.

    The inherent forced schedule will never allow a break out persona.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #29
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Prediction: No Sun Belt member will ever establish a "National Brand."

    None.

    The inherent forced schedule will never allow a break out persona.
    We have a shot.....we have to establish it while we are in this conference but we are the only member in this conference with a shot.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,546

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We have a shot.....we have to establish it while we are in this conference but we are the only member in this conference with a shot.
    Agreed. Win, and we can get the support from the area that we need to break out. Look at baseball. What other school in our conference matches what we do in fan support? We're in the top 15 or so every year in attendance. I bet only S. AL comes close and they'd be a distant second.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,544

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I've had similar difficulties with the Sun Belt moderators as some of you have. The only positive experience I can say I've had was at the beginning of last season. I have my own thread listing the Bubas Cup standings after the completion of each sport. Last season, a moderator deleted my thread, stating there was another such thread already posted (the two threads are not the same, the other poster, an App State fan, does an ongoing calculation based by results on a weekly or daily basis). I appealed to the other moderators, and CatMom from Texas State supported me. She has done so for me again this season.

    I agree with most of you that the moderators do seem to allow a great deal of abuse toward Cajun posters. That's probably why I don't post there very often.
    Cat people helping cat people. It's a beautiful thing.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,238

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    Go try posting over there. sunbeltbbs.com

    You'll see what's been talked about over there.

    We are the cousin no one wants to see for Thanksgiving.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,331
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! That would really be cool!😎😎🙂

  14. #34
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! Yhat would really be cool!😎😎🙂
    I disagree...we need to add Lamar, Sam Houston St. And Jacksonville St......just kill me now

  15. #35
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,759

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I disagree...we need to add Lamar, Sam Houston St. And Jacksonville St......just kill me now
    We need to cover central, LA!! Can we also add Louisiana College?? Please????

    Z

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! That would really be cool!😎😎🙂
    Only if there's a Santa Claus

  17. #37
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Agreed. Win, and we can get the support from the area that we need to break out. Look at baseball. What other school in our conference matches what we do in fan support? We're in the top 15 or so every year in attendance. I bet only S. AL comes close and they'd be a distant second.
    I'm pretty sure our softball attendance last year would have finished second in baseball.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,546

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm pretty sure our softball attendance last year would have finished second in baseball.
    Well, there ya go.

  19. #39
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,166

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Problem is that if we were getting 50,000 a game and we were winning the Sunbelt every year I could see having that national brand, but we are not there yet, if you think right now we compare to BYU, or Notre Dame y'all are delusional, I think we could be a national brand but we are not there yet.
    He did not say we are right now compared to Notre Dame are BYU, he say we should strive to be.....

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default Re: Sunbelt Board

    Are people going to avoid the 2 giant elephant differences between BYU/Notre Dame and our public university?


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •