Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Board

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Sunbelt Board

Sigh.....I give up Turbine.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If you want to be independent and compete for national titles you have to build a national brand! Let them know who you are and have the brand of a notre dame or BYU! That is the only way to survive as an indy.
    Agreed, and I don't think there is any school in the country with more potential ( for establishing a National Brand ) than the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    First we need to get this football program where it belongs and start caving in skulls on the field.....
    Allow me to give you a HUGE GREEN DOT!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Problem is that if we were getting 50,000 a game and we were winning the Sunbelt every year I could see having that national brand, but we are not there yet, if you think right now we compare to BYU, or Notre Dame y'all are delusional, I think we could be a national brand but we are not there yet.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Allow me to give you a HUGE GREEN DOT!!
    Lol....I'd like to thank the academy for this award and I couldn't have done this without the support of my wife.".......

Blog Entries

Prediction: No Sun Belt member will ever establish a "National Brand."

None.

The inherent forced schedule will never allow a break out persona.

"Lol....I'd like to thank the academy for this award and I couldn't have done this without the support of my wife.".......
    LOVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

None.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

None.

We have a shot.....we have to establish it while we are in this conference but we are the only member in this conference with a shot.

We have a shot.....we have to establish it while we are in this conference but we are the only member in this conference with a shot.
    Agreed. Win, and we can get the support from the area that we need to break out. Look at baseball. What other school in our conference matches what we do in fan support? We're in the top 15 or so every year in attendance. I bet only S. AL comes close and they'd be a distant second.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I've had similar difficulties with the Sun Belt moderators as some of you have. The only positive experience I can say I've had was at the beginning of last season. I have my own thread listing the Bubas Cup standings after the completion of each sport. Last season, a moderator deleted my thread, stating there was another such thread already posted (the two threads are not the same, the other poster, an App State fan, does an ongoing calculation based by results on a weekly or daily basis). I appealed to the other moderators, and CatMom from Texas State supported me. She has done so for me again this season.

I agree with most of you that the moderators do seem to allow a great deal of abuse toward Cajun posters. That's probably why I don't post there very often.
    Cat people helping cat people. It's a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    Go try posting over there. sunbeltbbs.com

You'll see what's been talked about over there.

We are the cousin no one wants to see for Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries

Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! That would really be cool!😎😎🙂

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! Yhat would really be cool!😎😎🙂
    I disagree...we need to add Lamar, Sam Houston St. And Jacksonville St......just kill me now

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I disagree...we need to add Lamar, Sam Houston St. And Jacksonville St......just kill me now
    We need to cover central, LA!! Can we also add Louisiana College?? Please????

Z

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the SBC would be better if we had a Louisiana Divison with ULM, McNeese, NWst, SELA, Nichols and UL! That would really be cool!😎😎🙂
    Only if there's a Santa Claus

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Agreed. Win, and we can get the support from the area that we need to break out. Look at baseball. What other school in our conference matches what we do in fan support? We're in the top 15 or so every year in attendance. I bet only S. AL comes close and they'd be a distant second.
    I'm pretty sure our softball attendance last year would have finished second in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm pretty sure our softball attendance last year would have finished second in baseball.
    Well, there ya go.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Problem is that if we were getting 50,000 a game and we were winning the Sunbelt every year I could see having that national brand, but we are not there yet, if you think right now we compare to BYU, or Notre Dame y'all are delusional, I think we could be a national brand but we are not there yet.
    He did not say we are right now compared to Notre Dame are BYU, he say we should strive to be.....

Are people going to avoid the 2 giant elephant differences between BYU/Notre Dame and our public university?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast