Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Board

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Sunbelt Board

Thanks Geaux Cajuns for this post on the Belt board.

Wonder you haven't been banned there yet for calling out the mods. I did, which is why I'm giving you a high five here. 😂

Author Message Bookmark and Share
    geauxcajuns Offline
    All American
    I Root For: Louisiana

Cajun fans left this board in droves simply due to the fact that the entire board never supported the Louisiana brand push which is now the standard for the Sun Belt and ESPN. Instead the rest of this conference decided to instigate outer conference ridicule and support ULM. No offense to ULM, but that program is what it is, a 7-5 season is the best it can ever hope for.

The mods never prevented unsolicited attacks from La Tech posters, instead would reprimand Cajun fans for defending themselves on here for years. Not to mention some of the d bag stAte and Troy posters who still do it today. Just like we have seen in this thread.

Hudspeth has insulted the fan base and when that happens it's over in Lafayette. Fan support either goes dormant or support LSU. But the primary reason for the disappearing Cajun fans on this site is because our own conference mates would rather insult our fan base and side with other conference members like La Tech, WKU, UNT and MTSU over a name issue than support a conference mate.

So you guys can all **** off.

Congrats App on the good game. Finally the Hudspeth era is over. It's been 2 years overdo.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sunbelt Board

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Wonder you haven't been banned there yet for calling out the mods. I did, which is why I'm giving you a high five here. 😂

geauxcajuns Offline
    All American

Cajun fans left this board in droves simply due to the fact that the entire board never supported the Louisiana brand push which is now the standard for the Sun Belt and ESPN. Instead the rest of this conference decided to instigate outer conference ridicule and support ULM. No offense to ULM, but that program is what it is, a 7-5 season is the best it can ever hope for.

The mods never prevented unsolicited attacks from La Tech posters, instead would reprimand Cajun fans for defending themselves on here for years. Not to mention some of the d bag stAte and Troy posters who still do it today. Just like we have seen in this thread.

Hudspeth has insulted the fan base and when that happens it's over in Lafayette. Fan support either goes dormant or support LSU. But the primary reason for the disappearing Cajun fans on this site is because our own conference mates would rather insult our fan base and side with other conference members like La Tech, WKU, UNT and MTSU over a name issue than support a conference mate.

Congrats App on the good game. Finally the Hudspeth era is over. It's been 2 years overdo.
    I closed the door on that Sh^t hole long ago, not worth anyone's time.

"The mods never prevented unsolicited attacks from La Tech posters, instead would reprimand Cajun fans for defending themselves on here for years."

As a former mod there, I can tell everyone here that that is absolutely the truth. Heck, I believe they actually encourage it. Oh, they'll claim the contrary, but it's all lip-service.

As a mod, when I asked for help with two problem posters, one on the name issue, and a Neckster defaming our entire athletic department, the mods said, "sure, we'll help you buddy.........we'll all help bend you over the table, vaseline not included".

I'd have no problem if a Cajun fan never posted there again.

geauxcajuns Offline
    All American

All true, and there is no reason for Cajun fans to even go there. The sooner we are out of the Sun Belt, the better.

Y'all are crazy, think y'all like to stay in y'all bubble here on Ragin Pagin, we need to promote our university, it is a sunbelt site with other sunbelt schools you can expect some blow back, we need to get rid of the warning on this site .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all are crazy, think y'all like to stay in y'all bubble here on Ragin Pagin, we need to promote our university, it is a sunbelt site with other sunbelt schools you can expect some blow back, we need to get rid of the warning on this site .
    LOL!!!Promote our university? I believe the majority of posters on that board are living in a bubble of similar thought!

Blow back for your on-the-field performance is one thing, but what's the point when you've got a mod staff there actively working against the branding efforts of a member school?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Blow back for your on-the-field performance is one thing, but what's the point when you've got a mod staff there actively working against the branding efforts of a member school?
    To the point.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

The Sunbelt board doesn't promote jack. How does allowing non SBC schools post BS about us make them a UL promoter. We wouldn't mind cool people from other schools to banter with... but that board is not cool.

I can't wait until we are no longer associated with these losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The Sunbelt board doesn't promote jack. How does allowing non SBC schools post BS about us make them a UL promoter. We wouldn't mind cool people from other schools to banter with... but that board is not cool.
    After my first dust-up with my fellow moderators for leaving me twisting in the wind, I recall one poster, think he was a UTSA fan, started a thread and asked a question of "Texas State - San Marcos" fans. Texas State fans were responding, when boom, the S. Alabama mod deleted the entire thread because, he said, "he knew where that was going".

I couldn't believe it and told 'em so.

I guess they weren't happy with my comments because later, when a neckster repeatedly called our entire athletic department "corrupt", I was about to ban the clown but decided to ask my fellow mods what they thought. The S. Alabama mod told me he wasn't getting involved while the Ga Southern mod told me he wasn't putting his reputation on the line to back me. LOL.

As the saying goes, with friends like that, who needs enemas?

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    First we need to get this football program where it belongs and start caving in skulls on the field.....

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    First we need to get this football program where it belongs and start caving in skulls on the field.....

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Upvote

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

geauxcajuns Offline
    All American

You're welcome.

I've had similar difficulties with the Sun Belt moderators as some of you have. The only positive experience I can say I've had was at the beginning of last season. I have my own thread listing the Bubas Cup standings after the completion of each sport. Last season, a moderator deleted my thread, stating there was another such thread already posted (the two threads are not the same, the other poster, an App State fan, does an ongoing calculation based by results on a weekly or daily basis). I appealed to the other moderators, and CatMom from Texas State supported me. She has done so for me again this season.

I agree with most of you that the moderators do seem to allow a great deal of abuse toward Cajun posters. That's probably why I don't post there very often.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We can't get out of here soon enough for me. Problem is, there's nowhere for us to go. If going independent isn't an option, it looks like we're stuck here in the Sun Belt.

I'd support a move to going independent, at least in football.

Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?

Blog Entries

Y'all are outrageous, call me a Sunbelt fan, I like being in the sunbelt, y'all talk all this stuff but, sunbelt is a good fit for us. I don't understand committing Division I-A suicide?
    Quit living in the 20th Century.

Independent done right, will quadruple football revenue.

If you want to be independent and compete for national titles you have to build a national brand! Let them know who you are and have the brand of a notre dame or BYU! That is the only way to survive as an indy.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast