Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible candidates for Cajuns football coaching vacancy

Default Re: Possible candidates for Cajuns football coaching vacancy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't think I'd like his style here, but man, you have to admit the guy is entertaining if nothing else..
    He's hilarious since he has embraced the "heel" role. He's a lunatic, though and liable to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    He's hilarious since he has embraced the "heel" role. He's a lunatic, though and liable to do anything.
    Maggard's had all the lunacy he ever cares to handle with Lotief.

I wouldn't want an SEC coordinator not named Canada or Nussy.. And I'm thinking Maggard is not as interested in those guys as we once thought..
    Chip Lindsey is a much better option than Nuss and on par with Canada in my opinion. Go look as Nussmeiers stats, when he would take over the offensive production of teams would go down. I have said that I think guys can be better head coaches than coordinators but I don't think Nuss would be a great hire at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Chip Lindsey is a much better option than Nuss and on par with Canada in my opinion. Go look as Nussmeiers stats, when he would take over the offensive production of teams would go down. I have said that I think guys can be better head coaches than coordinators but I don't think Nuss would be a great hire at all.
    I think Nussy would bring infinitely more prestige to our job. But that's just me. The guy has done it all. And has fantastic recruiting pipeline.

Anyway, Agree on other points, but why was Chip Lindsey eliminated from the South Al job?

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Kent State - too far away
    Oregon - problem for us
    SMU - good location for him, better conference than us, but would SMU take an aTm retread? Thinking maybe they think they are above that. Hoping, at least.
    South Alabama - we are a better spot than they are.
    I am a little curious about SMU. Is there an underlying tension between boosters/board of directors/etc and the power of the Head coach at a private school? You know how private institutes are influenced by certain people in positions....does Sumlin want to put up with that? Some one could make the argument that the RCAF donors and alumni reflect the same fashion, but I have to believe those supporting private schools have MUCH MORE
    Influence than any of us ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I am a little curious about SMU. Is there an underlying tension between boosters/board of directors/etc and the power of the Head coach at a private school? You know how private institutes are influenced by certain people in positions....does Sumlin want to put up with that? Some one could make the argument that the RCAF donors and alumni reflect the same fashion, but I have to believe those supporting private schools have MUCH MORE
    Influence than any of us ever could.
    It's a great point. Trust me, the RCAF are no where near what SMU boosters are when it comes to meddling and influencing.

It's a great point. Trust me, the RCAF are no where near what SMU boosters are when it comes to meddling and influencing.
    I just wonder if those big money SMU boosters want to hear from their aTm buddies about how they hired the Aggie's cast off.

I think Nussy would bring infinitely more prestige to our job. But that's just me. The guy has done it all. And has fantastic recruiting pipeline.

Anyway, Agree on other points, but why was Chip Lindsey eliminated from the South Al job?
    Looking more and more like USA will hire Will Healy the HC from Austin Peay. Not sure if they couldn't come to terms with Lindsey or Lindsey just didn't want it.

Looking more and more like USA will hire Will Healy the HC from Austin Peay. Not sure if they couldn't come to terms with Lindsey or Lindsey just didn't want it.
    What would you think of that hire Clutch?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

The most overrated quality when evaluating possible hires for the head coaching position is previous head coaching experience.

Of the last 4 hires stAte has made only one of them was head coach in college before and that was at non-D1 Lambuth.

Their hires have moved on to Boise State, Ole Miss, and Auburn as head coaches.

I just talked to a friend who is friends with the Sumlins. She says they are not saying anything but she feels he is working on something. She hopes it would be here but he or his wife are not talking.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    I just talked to a friend who is friends with the Sumlins. She says they are not saying anything but she feels he is working on something. She hopes it would be here but he or his wife are not talking.
    It's pretty mean to ____ with me like that BBK... I don't deserve this..

Haha yea.....this is too much. I'm going to go nuts.

SMU job also pays around 3m base

Matt I am serious Sumlins wife and my friend are very close. They talk often. My friend is a UL alum or should I say USL. Any how who knows she says they are not saying anything.

It's pretty mean to ____ with me like that BBK... I don't deserve this..
    My left arm just went numb and I'm too old to be spanking the monkey.

Matt I am serious Sumlins wife and my friend are very close. They talk often. My friend is a UL alum or should I say USL. Any how who knows she says they are not saying anything.
    BBK, you and your wife could be our ace-in-the-hole.
    Have you guys been lobbying for us? Selling them on the area? Have you fed them?

I need to meet your wife so we can go over some talking points! ASAP!!!

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

BBK, you and your wife could be our ace-in-the-hole.
    Have you guys been lobbying for us? Selling them on the area? Have you fed them?

I need to meet your wife so we can go over some talking points! ASAP!!!
    BBK is more than capable of providing all the variety of food delights available in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    What would you think of that hire Clutch?
    A panic hire. He turned Peay around in 2 years but he is very young with limited experience. I'd consider that a high risk.

A panic hire. He turned Peay around in 2 years but he is very young with limited experience. I'd consider that a high risk.
    Isn't he 32 yrs old?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast