Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Mark Hudspeth

Default Thank You Mark Hudspeth

As one of your biggest critics, I want to thank you. Sincerely, when we finally reach the level of success that we are aiming for as an athletic program, you will be on the Mount Rushmore for people that should be credited.

I will never forget the memories I've experienced while our football team was under your control. The bowl games, the excitement, the energy. It was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. You rejuvinated a fan base lost in the wilderness. You did the unthinkable.

Personally, we had our conversations and disagreements. I felt like you lead me to believe some things that were false, but in retrospect, I would like to believe, in your heart, it was for the betterment of the program. Thanks for your kindness to my kids. Like I told you in the first of our many meetings, I criticize the office of HC, not the man. I think Mark Hudspeth is basically a good man.

You are, and will always be a Ragin Cajuns legend. I know you'll land on your feet.
    Respect and well wishes to you, the kids, and Tyla.

During the course of a bad relationship, we spend so much time being upset, we lose site of the good stuff in the moment. The relief of the breakup allows you to reflect. I'm very somber this morning.

Thank you Mark Hudspeth.

Default Re: Thank You Mark Hudspeth

Well said

Wow.

Uh, yeah. Well put. Agree 100%.

I graduated from UL on the same day as the 2011 New Orleans Bowl. I'll never forget the excitement and hype of making a bowl game. I'll also never forget in the first few years when the community of 27k + united at Cajun Field on Saturday's to watch this team do its thing. It was a special time before it became stale.

With that said, Hud raised the bar from this program. He gave us a glimpse of consistent success those first few years, and I will always appreciate that. But he was also a victim of his own success. He got a little too comfortable with his job, especially with some of his press clippings. But to me, he will always be remembered as the guy that showed us the potential of success this program can achieve.

So to Coach Hud, I say thank you. I hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

Thanks Hud you took us to the next step above Bustle now time to find someone to get us to 10+ win seasons and conference championships!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As one of your biggest critics, I want to thank you. Sincerely, when we finally reach the level of success that we are aiming for as an athletic program, you will be on the Mount Rushmore for people that should be credited.

I will never forget the memories I've experienced while our football team was under your control. The bowl games, the excitement, the energy. It was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. You rejuvinated a fan base lost in the wilderness. You did the unthinkable.

Personally, we had our conversations and disagreements. I felt like you lead me to believe some things that were false, but in retrospect, I would like to believe, in your heart, it was for the betterment of the program. Thanks for your kindness to my kids. Like I told you in the first of our many meetings, I criticize the office of HC, not the man. I think Mark Hudspeth is basically a good man.

You are, and will always be a Ragin Cajuns legend. I know you'll land on your feet.

During the course of a bad relationship, we spend so much time being upset, we lose site of the good stuff in the moment. The relief of the breakup allows you to reflect. I'm very somber this morning.

Thank you Mark Hudspeth.
    Classy MAT

Wearing my sleeves at half mast for Hud today

Character post. Totally agree.

Great post and I completely agree with the sentiment. Mark Hudspeth is a good man with a great family. He is responsible for giving me hope in Cajun Football for which I am forever grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by TCbacker54 View Post
    Wearing my sleeves at half mast for Hud today
    Lolz

I echo the sentiments here. Thankfully, I think the words Schmedium and Meathead will be used a loss less around here that's always good for business. Good luck to the Hudspeths.

Mad props.

Kirk

Thank you coach HUD for bringing us to this point. We will always remember! Good luck in your future endeavors!

Blog Entries

Good Luck Coach!! Thanks for all and everything.

https://youtu.be/swPcFyhDMpk

I kid. Thanks for the memories....good luck down the road coach.

Maybe we should all go out and buy some T-shirts that are too small in honor of HUD. Sorry if I don't share the same feelings for Hudspeth as some of you. I think he's been very well compensated for a guy that lead the program to NCAA sanctions.

Blog Entries

"It's easy to see the beginnings of things, and harder to see the ends."
    Joan Didion

Thanks Coach Hud, for the very best beginnings of things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Maybe we should all go out and buy some T-shirts that are too small in honor of HUD. Sorry if I don't share the same feelings for Hudspeth as some of you. I think he's been very well compensated for a guy that lead the program to NCAA sanctions.
    Trust me, big majority feel the same way. However, its done and no need to pee pee on someones grave. Now our fan base can reunite and get pumped up for the 2018 season. Going to be long summer waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    OK Debbie Downer.....

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Thank you Mark Hudspeth.
    Very well said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast