_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109

Thread: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    News Flash: Cult members don't leave town for parts unknown.

    Describing others as cultists is nothing more than internet bullying.
    But some here, mainly one here, have never learned to express their opinions without name calling and labeling everyone who does not fall in line with their often misguided overreactions.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    But some here, mainly one here, have never learned to express their opinions without name calling and labeling everyone who does not fall in line with their often misguided overreactions.
    Grand Master of the Cultists

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    So saying they should or should not do something is not attacking? Then i dont see where" attacking cultists "comes from in your references. You clearly state hud should be fired and your favorite boy hired. This is no different than other peoples opinions. Why do you get to call them something they clearly not? I dont see a lotief compound with guns or nike sneakers waiting on a comet.
    Here's the message, since you cultist can't read between the lines: Don't destroy the Admin when they get it right, don't defend an admitted female abuser. If you do, I will out you. Over and over and over and over and over and over....

    Btw, WAAAAY more people agree with my take of this situation than your take. Maybe look outside the cocoon once in a while..

    Enjoy your rallies

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,488
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Grand Master of the Cultists
    Self Title Touting again?

    Would it be to much to ask if you could make a more subtle entrance next time?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,488
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Here's the message, since you cultist can't read between the lines: Don't destroy the Admin when they get it right, don't defend an admitted female abuser. If you do, I will out you. Over and over and over and over and over and over....

    Btw, WAAAAY more people agree with my take of this situation than your take. Maybe look outside the cocoon once in a while..

    Enjoy your rallies
    And this makes you look like you are starting a cult.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    And this makes you look like you are starting a cult.
    If you think about it, a guy who has averaged over 100 posts a month for over 10 years does display some cult like tendencies. Just saying.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    News Flash: Cult members don't leave town for parts unknown.

    Describing others as cultists is nothing more than internet bullying.
    The cultists have hired a PR guy.. brilliant!

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    If you think about it, a guy who has averaged over 100 posts a month for over 10 years does display some cult like tendencies. Just saying.
    Cultists using the liberal agenda. Flip their "tendencies" on the opponent. I love the move. Very tactical!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,488
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The cultists have hired a PR guy.. brilliant!
    I would give you a green dot for that one, if this site had that ability.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would give you a green dot for that one, if this site had that ability.
    Well, our moderator has turned into a marsh mellow.. Otherwise we could all still be enjoying the private jabs of our haters. Sad!

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    A lot of people will be glad when sumlin gets here. Manabout will be too busy with his hands and mouth to spew stupid on this board.


  12. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,514

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    A lot of people will be glad when sumlin gets here. Manabout will be too busy with his hands and mouth to spew stupid on this board.
    Seems I've struck a cord with the Grand Master's slave boy..

  13. #93
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,649

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Was Casey Dixon (Gatorade Texas Softball Player of the Year 2017) going to be the ace? Did that maybe impact Denham's decision?


  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Was Casey Dixon (Gatorade Texas Softball Player of the Year 2016) going to be the ace? Did that maybe impact Denham's decision?
    Having had the opportunity to speak with Denham on various occasions last season, I can assure you that she did not transfer to Arizona because she was scared of competing with Casey Dixon for the No. 1 role on the team. Her decision to leave was the direct result of Lotief's firing. She felt that his firing was unjust and decided that she didn't want to stay at UL for that reason. Same reason that D. J. Sanders left. BTW, the criteria that Gatorade uses for choosing a player of the year is split evenly between athletic accomplishments, academics and civic involvement. I am not saying in any way that Casey Dixon's talents will not translate to the college game, but to assume that she will be a stud in college because she was the Texas GPOY is a fallacy. I am looking forward to seeing just how much impact Renfroe-Reed will have on the upper classmen that are on the staff and on the freshmen. Specifically, Trahan and Ellyson who both logged innings last year.

  15. #95
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,649

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Having had the opportunity to speak with Denham on various occasions last season, I can assure you that she did not transfer to Arizona because she was scared of competing with Casey Dixon for the No. 1 role on the team. Her decision to leave was the direct result of Lotief's firing. She felt that his firing was unjust and decided that she didn't want to stay at UL for that reason. Same reason that D. J. Sanders left. BTW, the criteria that Gatorade uses for choosing a player of the year is split evenly between athletic accomplishments, academics and civic involvement. I am not saying in any way that Casey Dixon's talents will not translate to the college game, but to assume that she will be a stud in college because she was the Texas GPOY is a fallacy. I am looking forward to seeing just how much impact Renfroe-Reed will have on the upper classmen that are on the staff and on the freshmen. Specifically, Trahan and Ellyson who both logged innings last year.
    Fair enough. But that's not the only accolade she's received. Named 5A player of the year by the Texas Sports Writers Association. 35-8 record with a 1.12 ERA. 13 shutouts, five no-hitters and one perfect game. In 250 innings, she struck out 435 batters. She was some credentials. With the coaching we have in place, she looks to be built to make an impact right out the gate.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Was Casey Dixon (Gatorade Texas Softball Player of the Year 2016) going to be the ace? Did that maybe impact Denham's decision?
    no, because she didn't leave UL to become the ace at Arizona. she didn't come to UL to play for UL, she came to UL to play for Mike Lotief. there is a difference. i have a friend whose son went to Michigan to play football. he didn't go to Michigan because of the coach, he went to Michigan because he LOVED Michigan football. there was a coaching change while he was there. he stayed at Michigan because he went to Michigan to play for Michigan. the day Lotief was fired, nov 1, she decided to leave. did she listen to the pitch, pun intended, from coach Glasco and the staff, yes, but no one was going to change her mind. she was dead set on leaving the program. on nov 2, she said on social media, "i have a lot of UL attire for sale."

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,865

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Having had the opportunity to speak with Denham on various occasions last season, I can assure you that she did not transfer to Arizona because she was scared of competing with Casey Dixon for the No. 1 role on the team. Her decision to leave was the direct result of Lotief's firing. She felt that his firing was unjust and decided that she didn't want to stay at UL for that reason. Same reason that D. J. Sanders left. BTW, the criteria that Gatorade uses for choosing a player of the year is split evenly between athletic accomplishments, academics and civic involvement. I am not saying in any way that Casey Dixon's talents will not translate to the college game, but to assume that she will be a stud in college because she was the Texas GPOY is a fallacy. I am looking forward to seeing just how much impact Renfroe-Reed will have on the upper classmen that are on the staff and on the freshmen. Specifically, Trahan and Ellyson who both logged innings last year.
    Cool. Good luck to her and her future.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,865

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by raginrayne View Post
    no, because she didn't leave UL to become the ace at Arizona. she didn't come to UL to play for UL, she came to UL to play for Mike Lotief. there is a difference. i have a friend whose son went to Michigan to play football. he didn't go to Michigan because of the coach, he went to Michigan because he LOVED Michigan football. there was a coaching change while he was there. he stayed at Michigan because he went to Michigan to play for Michigan. the day Lotief was fired, nov 1, she decided to leave. did she listen to the pitch, pun intended, from coach Glasco and the staff, yes, but no one was going to change her mind. she was dead set on leaving the program. on nov 2, she said on social media, "i have a lot of UL attire for sale."
    Cool. Good luck to her going forward.

  19. #99
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,649

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by raginrayne View Post
    no, because she didn't leave UL to become the ace at Arizona. she didn't come to UL to play for UL, she came to UL to play for Mike Lotief. there is a difference. i have a friend whose son went to Michigan to play football. he didn't go to Michigan because of the coach, he went to Michigan because he LOVED Michigan football. there was a coaching change while he was there. he stayed at Michigan because he went to Michigan to play for Michigan. the day Lotief was fired, nov 1, she decided to leave. did she listen to the pitch, pun intended, from coach Glasco and the staff, yes, but no one was going to change her mind. she was dead set on leaving the program. on nov 2, she said on social media, "i have a lot of UL attire for sale."
    Thanks for the input.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,543

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Denham Departs

    Quote Originally Posted by raginrayne View Post
    no, because she didn't leave UL to become the ace at Arizona. she didn't come to UL to play for UL, she came to UL to play for Mike Lotief. there is a difference. i have a friend whose son went to Michigan to play football. he didn't go to Michigan because of the coach, he went to Michigan because he LOVED Michigan football. there was a coaching change while he was there. he stayed at Michigan because he went to Michigan to play for Michigan. the day Lotief was fired, nov 1, she decided to leave. did she listen to the pitch, pun intended, from coach Glasco and the staff, yes, but no one was going to change her mind. she was dead set on leaving the program. on nov 2, she said on social media, "i have a lot of UL attire for sale."
    I have a lot of UL attire for sale" A clear violation of NCAA bylaws if the university provided her with them ... hope she did not sell any of that could jeopardize her eligibility

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •