Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    He is entertaining if nothing else. I'm enjoying the break from Jay
    The guy who does the half-time report during the football games is painful to listen to.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Did they make this run without Bryce?!


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Zone defense making a difference.
    All the difference!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Did they make this run without Bryce?!
    Most of it

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    5,157
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    He is entertaining if nothing else. I'm enjoying the break from Jay


    I ll take Stevie P any day Not boring

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Washington, ever the team player, is cheering on his teammates!


  7. #67
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,442

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Way to storm ahead. Wow.


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    45-9 run. Wowww


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    This is how a game is finished. Finally.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    5,157
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    This is how a game is finished. Finally.


    agreed !! This is called putting the foot in the ___

  11. #71
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,326

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Very nice last 16 minutes.....played up to their talent level....well done...


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Very nice last 16 minutes.....played up to their talent level....well done...
    It's nice to see them play to their level and not to their opponent's.

  13. #73
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,380
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Pretty amazing second half by the Cajuns.


  14. #74
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,442

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Nicholls isn't a terrible basketball team. That's a hell of a comeback when the Home team has you on the ropes in the second half and you absolutely blow them out.


  15. #75
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,077

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Did they make this run without Bryce?!
    Most of run was with Justin Miller in for Bryce. He did a fine job and did not force things like he did against McNeese. Made some free throws, drew charges, made some nice passes, and made more layups than Bryce was making. Zone was key as it slowed Nicholls down. It seems strange that you would use a zone against a team that likes threes. However the Colonels like to shoot transition threes off turnovers from their press. They seemed to struggle when it was more of a half court setup. Once they stopped scoring, they could not press us and that is how they got a lead. When they did the adjustment to throw it over the top of them and let Gant go get it was successful. Anyone count how many "and ones" we got by doing that, it was several. I was surprised Nicholls stayed with that so long. Winning by 25 on the road without your point guard is satisfying. If Stroman had played we may never had been in trouble as he would have handled the press. I wonder if they play him against Loyola. I understand wanting him to be 100% for Tech but if you hold him out till then it will be two weeks since he played and he could be rusty. I guess you hold him out and go at him hard in practice with better athletes than Loyola has. Going forward if we find ourselves down by 10 in second half on the road in a conference game, perhaps we can take something form this game and know we can come back.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Most of run was with Justin Miller in for Bryce. He did a fine job and did not force things like he did against McNeese. Made some free throws, drew charges, made some nice passes, and made more layups than Bryce was making. Zone was key as it slowed Nicholls down. It seems strange that you would use a zone against a team that likes threes. However the Colonels like to shoot transition threes off turnovers from their press. They seemed to struggle when it was more of a half court setup. Once they stopped scoring, they could not press us and that is how they got a lead. When they did the adjustment to throw it over the top of them and let Gant go get it was successful. Anyone count how many "and ones" we got by doing that, it was several. I was surprised Nicholls stayed with that so long. Winning by 25 on the road without your point guard is satisfying. If Stroman had played we may never had been in trouble as he would have handled the press. I wonder if they play him against Loyola. I understand wanting him to be 100% for Tech but if you hold him out till then it will be two weeks since he played and he could be rusty. I guess you hold him out and go at him hard in practice with better athletes than Loyola has. Going forward if we find ourselves down by 10 in second half on the road in a conference game, perhaps we can take something form this game and know we can come back.
    I agree with most of what you said. Conference competition will be tougher. What was Nicholls fg% against the zone? I don't see another team going that cold. Defeating their press definitely helped us to shoot something like 80% in the second half. I don't see that happening again; shooting that high a percentage! I thought coach almost waited too late to go to the zone. Miller did play better tonight. A lot of players contributed. I think the bench just got a little deeper tonight.

  17. #77
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,077

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I agree with most of what you said. Conference competition will be tougher. What was Nicholls fg% against the zone? I don't see another team going that cold. Defeating their press definitely helped us to shoot something like 80% in the second half. I don't see that happening again; shooting that high a percentage! I thought coach almost waited too late to go to the zone. Miller did play better tonight. A lot of players contributed. I think the bench just got a little deeper tonight.
    Nicholls shot well less than 20% when we went to zone. You are right in that you can't expect a team to go that cold and stay there quite often. However, our guys did a real good job in the zone. They moved quickly to cover the perimeter shooters as the ball was swung from side to side. You are also correct in that a team won't stay in a press as long as Nicholls did. Hopefullly we have STroman healthy for hose games.

  18. #78
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nicholls shot well less than 20% when we went to zone. You are right in that you can't expect a team to go that cold and stay there quite often. However, our guys did a real good job in the zone. They moved quickly to cover the perimeter shooters as the ball was swung from side to side. You are also correct in that a team won't stay in a press as long as Nicholls did. Hopefullly we have STroman healthy for hose games.
    Great zone defense is great man within your area.....anticipation helps to get to the man being passed to to get the man for man set up......If the match up is played correctly it does almost look like man......the 2-3 also helps defend the feed passes to the biggies down low.....I remember Southhall's trying to cross the lane and being cut off by three guys teaming up down low....love Syracuse's through the years!!!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Beat down


  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,704

    Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Most of run was with Justin Miller in for Bryce. He did a fine job and did not force things like he did against McNeese. Made some free throws, drew charges, made some nice passes, and made more layups than Bryce was making. Zone was key as it slowed Nicholls down. It seems strange that you would use a zone against a team that likes threes. However the Colonels like to shoot transition threes off turnovers from their press. They seemed to struggle when it was more of a half court setup. Once they stopped scoring, they could not press us and that is how they got a lead. When they did the adjustment to throw it over the top of them and let Gant go get it was successful. Anyone count how many "and ones" we got by doing that, it was several. I was surprised Nicholls stayed with that so long. Winning by 25 on the road without your point guard is satisfying. If Stroman had played we may never had been in trouble as he would have handled the press. I wonder if they play him against Loyola. I understand wanting him to be 100% for Tech but if you hold him out till then it will be two weeks since he played and he could be rusty. I guess you hold him out and go at him hard in practice with better athletes than Loyola has. Going forward if we find ourselves down by 10 in second half on the road in a conference game, perhaps we can take something form this game and know we can come back.
    Great summary. Now, do you remember the prize the guy won for the layup, free throw and 3 pointer? That may have been the wieredest prize ever.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •