Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Burnt Roux: Sanders Departs

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Great post Grant.
    LOL. When I first scanned this message, I thought you wrote "Great post Gerry". LOL

UL Softball Sanders Departs

Cajuns hope All-American shortstop isn't first of many transfers.

Default Re: Sanders first departure from UL softball

No. Actually, they know for a fact this isn't the first of many. But by all means, sell your birdcage liner.

Trash.

They know exactly how many, and you can count them on one hand.

I'm thinking three. Four counting C Lotief, obviously.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think this is outrageous. Landry leaving because Lotief was fired for good reason. And maybe 2-3 more. Was these girls playing softball for the University and the fans or for Lotief's. I guess they could have played to an empty stadium as long as Lotief was call the shots.

Some came here because of Lotief. And if they want to leave now that he's not here...see ya. Good luck wherever you go.

As the parent of college athletes, I can tell you that during the recruiting process, interaction with the coaches was a HUGE part of the decision making process... so yes... there are athletes that sign with a particular school because of a coach...

I am a firm believer that if you sign with a school, and the coach that recruited you leaves, then you should be able to leave with no penalty of sitting out a year..

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    As the parent of college athletes, I can tell you that during the recruiting process, interaction with the coaches was a HUGE part of the decision making process... so yes... there are athletes that sign with a particular school because of a coach...

I am a firm believer that if you sign with a school, and the coach that recruited you leaves, then you should be able to leave with no penalty of sitting out a year..
    How is the university protected? A coach could literally hand out the death penalty to a university by leaving. It's an exaggeration but possible, how would a program recover from an entire team leaving without penalty? Start the next year with 35 freshman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    How is the university protected? A coach could literally hand out the death penalty to a university by leaving. It's an exaggeration but possible, how would a program recover from an entire team leaving without penalty? Start the next year with 35 freshman?
    Not all would leave... my boys didn't leave when they had a coaching change (not because of the rule, but because they love the program).. I just think it should be an option

I can respect that... but to play devils advocate...should a new coach be able to let go of players he inherited that he/she doesn't want?...if player in your scenario can leave a new coach out without players...can they do the same to said player?

Not all would leave... my boys didn't leave when they had a coaching change (not because of the rule, but because they love the program).. I just think it should be an option
    If it would be an option, then so is everyone leaving. It wouldn't take everyone to cripple a program. Why should a program be crippled because a coach got a better opportunity? The very program that helped him get that better opportunity? If it was the rule, imagine the vultures around a program with a coaching change. I'm talkimg about normal circumstance, not this lotief situation.

If it would be an option, then so is everyone leaving. It wouldn't take everyone to cripple a program. Why should a program be crippled because a coach got a better opportunity? The very program that helped him get that better opportunity? If it was the rule, imagine the vultures around a program with a coaching change.
    Would you rather have a bunch of players that really don't want to be there and are giving less than their full heart?

Would you rather have a bunch of players that really don't want to be there and are giving less than their full heart?
    He doesn't care Chief.. Just there for the entertainment and beer.. The rest of us losers are the dopes. How are your boys?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I can respect that... but to play devils advocate...should a new coach be able to let go of players he inherited that he/she doesn't want?...if player in your scenario can leave a new coach out without players...can they do the same to said player?
    the players can leave anyways, they just have to sit a year. The coach can get rid of a player at any time... a scholarship has to be renewed every year (except Power 5 conferences, and I am not sure if that is only headcount sports).

If they are giving less than their full heart then they never had the heart of a champion to begin with.

Everyone faces adversity in their lives. Champions thrive on defeating it.

So would you rather teach them that every time something happens in life unexpectedly they get a fee redo? As a parent who went through recruiting I️ think you are being naive to that world. Think about what Alabama could do every time a coach left and it was free reign on transfers that don't have to sit out. Think about young guys like Mcguire if he was free to go wherever after a coaching change, bye bye. The haves would have way more than they already do. We would become their new juco system.

He doesn't care Chief.. Just there for the entertainment and beer.. The rest of us losers are the dopes. How are your boys?
    Doing good.. Bryce has finally found out what has been plaguing him for 3 years... he has a cam lesion on the head of his femur, so we are going to try to get a medical redshirt for him, and get him an extra year of eligibility...

Beau finished his final XC season a couple of weeks ago, and made first team all conference again.. so in 4 years, he had 4 top 10 finishes, with 3 of them being Top 3. He finished 9th, 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd in his four years, and is really looking forward to the spring.

So would you rather teach them that every time something happens in life unexpectedly they get a fee redo?
    Nope.. but in the real world, if you are at a job, and you get a new boss, and you know the job is not going to be the same as it was, you have the option to leave and pursue other jobs.

Doing good.. Bryce has finally found out what has been plaguing him for 3 years... he has a cam lesion on the head of his femur, so we are going to try to get a medical redshirt for him, and get him an extra year of eligibility...

Beau finished his final XC season a couple of weeks ago, and made first team all conference again.. so in 4 years, he had 4 top 10 finishes, with 3 of them being Top 3. He finished 9th, 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd in his four years, and is really looking forward to the spring.
    Proud Poppa.
    That's awesome.

Proud Poppa.
    That's awesome.
    Thanks MAT... I appreciate it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast