Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Iowa 71

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

WHAT THE ____KKKKK?!

This is what winning does people. Period. You have to win. Winning is the anecdote to all of our issues.

I'm so ____ing fired up right now

Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

Yeah, that's pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    WHAT THE ____KKKKK?!

This is what winning does people. Period. You have to win. Winning is the anecdote to all of our issues.

How long will Stove be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Iowa has four starters back and is picked fifth in the Big 10 this year. I think this is the first win against a major school since Brad Boyd's shooting let us down Mississippi State a few years ago. Of course they lost to McNeese the next game that year so you have to be ready to play every night. Listened to post game show and Mike Murphy said we expected to win game which is right attitude. Also said goal is to win tournament and today is first step. We are all excited about the win but key to me was playing opponent on a neutral court. Despite it being apparent to many that we were the better team, I think we lose the game at their place. We would not have led by 20 at half on the road and when they made a run in 2nd half their crowd would have brought them all the way back. That is how important the home court is to those "name" teams. Hopefully we get more chances at the name schools in the future on neutral courts. Having said all that, once conference play starts the home court is not nearly as critical. Some of that is because teams are used to the venues they travel to and some is they get accustomed to the road in pre-conference. Also, teams are familiar with each other's strategies which leads to close games at that time. Let's see if they can follow up with another good performance tomorrow. Maybe Stove plays tomorrow and can be the spark for another win.
    Well, I think that is true for the SBC but necessarily through college basketball about the home court not becoming as important. Tell that to the ACC or Big 10. The SBC schools just draw crappy crowds so its not as intimidating as playing in front of a packed house every night.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    WHAT THE ____KKKKK?!

Winning is ok.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, I think that is true for the SBC but necessarily through college basketball about the home court not becoming as important. Tell that to the ACC or Big 10. The SBC schools just draw crappy crowds so its not as intimidating as playing in front of a packed house every night.
    We need to get the old Ragin Cajun MBB MOJO back. We'll never see the "Blackum experience" again - from a venue perspective. But I remember being at the UNO game in the Cajundome when their wasn't an empty seat... and it was electrifying. We need to get that back.

What a fantastic piece of pub for basketball. Now if they can follow it up with a win today

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We need to get the old Ragin Cajun MBB MOJO back. We'll never see the "Blackum experience" again - from a venue perspective. But I remember being at the UNO game in the Cajundome when their wasn't an empty seat... and it was electrifying. We need to get that back.
    I've always believed we were a basketball school. We have the facility to be that again. Win today and you might see the CD like we've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    What a fantastic piece of pub for basketball. Now if they can follow it up with a win today
    We have an incredible opportunity today. Let's see who stands tall.

While it is possible to get a win today, it will be tough. This Wyoming team is pretty good, but the Cajuns are also. I expect a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    As I read zephyr's post, Blackum flashed through my mind as well. Anyone here who never experienced those crowds has no idea how popular Ragin Cajun basketball once was. That place was just amazing when filled to the brim, and it usually was, with 8 or 9 thousand fans screaming and stomping their feet on those wooden bleachers. Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just thinking about it.

Don't the teams change directions at halftime? Rim excuse is even dumber with that in mind. Unlike the refs I'm certain cases, rims don't discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    How long will Stove be out?
    He was dressed and went through pregame warmups yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    He was dressed and went through pregame warmups yesterday.
    Thanks Hatch. That's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

He forgot to mention that Marlin led the Cajuns to the tournament along with Sam Houston State...pretty cool though

I was able to watch the game for free yesterday. I wanted to check out some other games in the tourney but now it's asking me for a subscription and credit card. What up?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I was able to watch the game for free yesterday. I wanted to check out some other games in the tourney but now it's asking me for a subscription and credit card. What up?
    Free advertising yesterday to build up interest?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Free advertising yesterday to build up interest?
    That kinda sucks. I'll pay the $10 monthly fee since we have 2 more games. Just threw me off since yesterday was free.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    That kinda sucks. I'll pay the $10 monthly fee since we have 2 more games. Just threw me off since yesterday was free.
    I tried to tune into Wyoming and SDSU yesterday and got the same thing. Somebody must have goofed and let the first game slide.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast