Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 197

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Iowa 71

  1. #141
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,377
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Iowa has -fumble-. This was a nice win for the Cajuns. Geaux Cajuns!
    fumble = rectal pain

  2. #142
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,257

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Wyoming will be a better test than Iowa. It is too early for RPI to mean much, but the Cowboys are at 17, Cajuns are now at 45. Wyoming has a nice win over Oregon State (28 RPI) and a solid win over S. Dakota State (122 RPI).

    If we beat Wyoming, I expect our RPI to be in the 20's. It won't stay there long, as we play 3 or 4 200+ RPI schools in a row after this tournament.


  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Wyoming will be a better test than Iowa. It is too early for RPI to mean much, but the Cowboys are at 17, Cajuns are now at 45. Wyoming has a nice win over Oregon State (28 RPI) and a solid win over S. Dakota State (122 RPI).
    Obviously I'd like to see us beat Wyoming and then get a shot at still #12 Cincy on a neutral court. As others have pointed out, we need to make hay with every neutral court appearance but playing any of these guys at home is brutal.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Halftime: Buffalo 39, Cincy 26


  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Now Warren Nolan showing Cincy 47, Buffalo 36. If this one is correct, then the other was obviously in error.


  6. #146
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,060

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    2002?
    It was either 2002 or 2003. Brad likely remembers.

  7. #147
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,257

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Now Warren Nolan showing Cincy 47, Buffalo 36. If this one is correct, then the other was obviously in error.
    Doesn't much matter who wins that one,as both have good RPI, though it is likely Cincy will be better over the long haul.

  8. #148
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,060

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    "One of the rims was of very poor quality. One was much too hard. The organizers of that tournament should consider investing in some quality control measures. There were too many in and out baskets in the first half to be coincidence. Iowa is clearly the better team, and Iowa will compete for championships this year, get into the NCAA tournament etc, if Iowa had Baer and this was in CHA Iowa would have routed that team."

    Uhhhh, okay.
    Note how this poster never addresses how the game would have gone had it been played here. These guys have some strange reasons (OK excuses) for their team losing today. The weather, the rims, an injury, and not being able to play at home. The injury I can buy but we were without Stove who was our best player in Cuba and at Ole Miss. It is comical to blame the weather and the rims as both teams play with the same rims and climate is something I have never heard anyone blame a loss on other than altitude for teams not accustomed to the mountains. If you only watched the second half you would think they were the better team. However, the first half counts as well last time I checked.

  9. #149
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,060

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Their fans were generally amazed at what our forwards did to their bigs.
    Bryce had a double double. Nice to see him bounce back after struggling at Ole Miss. We will need another big game from him tomorrow and will need more perimeter shots to be knocked down to have success in that game.

  10. #150
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,104

    UL Basketball Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Doesn't much matter who wins that one,as both have good RPI, though it is likely Cincy will be better over the long haul.
    I'm recalling a big win vs Cincinnati & Kentucky early in Marty's career. Wasn't it called the Bluegrass Classic it something? We used to display the trophy in the dome

  11. #151
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,060

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure Iowa isn't La College, or Savanna State.

    Solid win against a very solid opponent.

    If you still have a woody over those two Cajun Dome wins something is wrong, seek medical attention at once.

    As usual I'm hoping BigFish never loses another game as the LOUISIANA coach. Also hoping he's going to eventually going to schedule for maximum seeding.
    We would have virtually no non conference home games if he did that. Stop hoping for that as it won't happen. RPI is not a big focus when they schedule as they have to play some state teams due to encouragement from the state education boards. The road - neutral court games are given some RPI consideration along with how much we can get paid for some games. Not saying that more emphasis on RPI should not be considered, just that it is not at this time. No one mentioned the two home games in this thread. They have nothing to do with what happened today other than building continuity without Stove. Focus is only on giving guys credit for a good effort today. Granted you can't celebrate long as I agree Wyoming is better than Iowa and we likely have to play better to be successful. 2nd half performance won't nearly cut it and the people in the program know that.

  12. #152
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,060

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm recalling a big win vs Cincinnati & Kentucky early in Marty's career. Wasn't it called the Bluegrass Classic it something? We used to display the trophy in the dome
    We did win a tournament in Kentucky in December in the early 90's. We did beat Cincinnatti in the first round. Of course UNO spoiled the win streak with their aggressive style of play in the first conference game and we were never the same after that. That was a year Pitino was at Kentucky and they were in a probation year.

  13. #153
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,257

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We would have virtually no non conference home games if he did that. Stop hoping for that as it won't happen. RPI is not a big focus when they schedule as they have to play some state teams due to encouragement from the state education boards. The road - neutral court games are given some RPI consideration along with how much we can get paid for some games. Not saying that more emphasis on RPI should not be considered, just that it is not at this time. No one mentioned the two home games in this thread. They have nothing to do with what happened today other than building continuity without Stove. Focus is only on giving guys credit for a good effort today. Granted you can't celebrate long as I agree Wyoming is better than Iowa and we likely have to play better to be successful. 2nd half performance won't nearly cut it and the people in the program know that.
    They should tell the state that we will happily schedule home and home with as many in state schools as LSU does.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    14,166

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa


  15. #155
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,257

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Cincy beat Buffalo.


  16. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    The SEC requires men's teams not play lower RPI teams outside of conference.The NCAA selection committee is finally going to penalize teams who play lots of nonconference games at home like Indiana and Syracuse did for years.I am really impressed with our 25-10 advantage over Iowa in assists in today's game.


  17. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,689

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Cincy beat Buffalo.
    That was predictable as the sun rising in the east. Like the last minutes of our game, any marginal calls didn't go our way, and most certainly SD and Buffalo were screwed after we won. We were blessed to have skull drug Iowa the first half, it was a matter of playing out the game the second half.

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,644

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    The SEC requires men's teams not play lower RPI teams outside of conference.The NCAA selection committee is finally going to penalize teams who play lots of nonconference games at home like Indiana and Syracuse did for years.I am really impressed with our 25-10 advantage over Iowa in assists in today's game.
    So does that mean more "neutral site" games, like they are doing in football...I can't see them playing true away games against mid majors.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,084

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa



  20. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,644

    Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

    Nice, thanks for posting.


Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •