Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 127

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 47, NMSU 34

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Congrats to the team as a whole and Coach Hud. Let's win out! Bowl bound again baby! I love Winning!!!
    That being said oh how that ULM loss hurts so bad now. Jeez.
    Louisiana should be bowling and ULM will be sitting home though.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    If Tulane pulls off the miracle and beats SMU on the road, that might be our opponent should we become bowl-eligible.
    You mean Houston.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You mean Houston.
    Think he meant next week. They must win to be bowl eligible.

    Congrats to the players on the win. They never quit came up with some big plays!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,900
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You mean Houston.
    They have to win again at SMU next Saturday to get to 6 wins. Like us; Tech, NMST and about 450 others to get to that 'magical' 6 wins. Just seems so blah. True for all G5 with 6 wins.....beat 5 bad teams and a FCS.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    PS...stick with these helmets. Best helmet we have. Stacked Ragin Cajuns on the helmet needs to go


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That targeting double ejection was big.
    That and NMSU's QB getting hurt.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    So Jordan Davis is our b again?


  8. #108
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    So Jordan Davis is our b again?
    Good question. Who the hell knows? He played okay today. Missed some throws, but didn't make any big mistakes like the NMSU backup did.

    This is wacky. 3 different qbs have notched wins this season.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That and NMSU's QB getting hurt.
    That was the biggest defensive play of the game, knock the QB out. We had not stopped them in the second half while he was at QB.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,393
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    So Jordan Davis is our b again?
    I don't know, if he is "b" or not, who would you say is the "a" quarterback?

    Haslett used to call Brooks 1a and Jake 1b

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    They have to win again at SMU next Saturday to get to 6 wins. Like us; Tech, NMST and about 450 others to get to that 'magical' 6 wins. Just seems so blah. True for all G5 with 6 wins.....beat 5 bad teams and a FCS.
    LOL!!! 450 others, yes indeed!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That was the biggest defensive play of the game, knock the QB out. We had not stopped them in the second half while he was at QB.
    Yup. For the life of me, what does our staff do at half this year, even in wins? Rock, paper, sissors?

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Just who have you beat...5 teams that all have losing records...add in a 40 point loss to a 2 win Tulsa...wow you sure are a great bowl team...how do you get away with not playing Troy or Ga. state in the same year....that's 2 of the top 3 teams in the league...schedule Acadiana or STM to get your power points up...


  14. #114
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. For the life of me, what does our staff do at half this year, even in wins? Rock, paper, sissors?
    😂😂😂😂😂

  15. #115
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,091

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Lost a year of eligibility for 1 game?
    Lewis told Coach Hudspeth before the game that he would not be able to consistently avoid the rush. That is why Jordan started. Lewis played +1 1/2 games before getting hurt. That is besides the point as Lewis still plans on being here for only four seasons as he can graduate in 3 1/2 years. Still, Davis's performance today was very good and he should get accolades.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    563

    Louisiana Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Lewis told Coach Hudspeth before the game that he would not be able to consistently avoid the rush. That is why Jordan started. Lewis played +1 1/2 games before getting hurt. That is besides the point as Lewis still plans on being here for only four seasons as he can graduate in 3 1/2 years. Still, Davis's performance today was very good and he should get accolades.
    Lewis was spotted in the second half loosening up to see if he could go in, but he just was not recovered enough to play. Davis played hard with grit giving his best effort and guided the team to a must win.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    that was bizarre call was unsportsmanship then a review and an ejection and then more review and another ejection then one of the players headed the wrong direction to argue then one of them did something while exiting that riled up all of the fans. I had a bad view so I counldnt see the hits but I think the player shot the bird exiting, if someone had a better view or could see it on 3 then fill me in


  18. #118
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,389
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    that was bizarre call was unsportsmanship then a review and an ejection and then more review and another ejection then one of the players headed the wrong direction to argue then one of them did something while exiting that riled up all of the fans. I had a bad view so I counldnt see the hits but I think the player shot the bird exiting, if someone had a better view or could see it on 3 then fill me in
    Both players hit Davis helmet to helmet. By rule, both were ejected. You don't see that very often. The officials probably weren't all on the same page of it being both tacklers. They got it right, by rule. The camera followed both as the ejected players exited the field, and one of them was yelling back at the crowd with his arms up in the air... but I couldn't make out if he shot the bird or not.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

    I may be wrong, but I think the NMSU coach was complaining about the first player getting ejected. I think he believed that they were ejecting the wrong player and that was what cause the 2nd review which resulted in the ejection of the other player also. The announcers seem to think they were ejecting the wrong player until they played the replay, then they saw both players leading with the helmet. Odd call, and it was lucky that Davis was not hurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Both players hit Davis helmet to helmet. By rule, both were ejected. You don't see that very often. The officials probably weren't all on the same page of it being both tacklers. They got it right, by rule. The camera followed both as the ejected players exited the field, and one of them was yelling back at the crowd with his arms up in the air... but I couldn't make out if he shot the bird or not.

  20. #120
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think the NMSU coach was complaining about the first player getting ejected. I think he believed that they were ejecting the wrong player and that was what cause the 2nd review which resulted in the ejection of the other player also. The announcers seem to think they were ejecting the wrong player until they played the replay, then they saw both players leading with the helmet. Odd call, and it was lucky that Davis was not hurt.
    The tackle for a sack looked legit. The guy who came in with the cleanup hit after Davis was down deserved a call. Targeting though? Not sure what the exact rule is, but as far as the eye test goes, it didn't look like some of the targeting calls I've seen in the past.

    Those calls were a huge difference in the game, though. We were not stopping NMSU at that point. If they get the ball after we're punting from around our 10 yard line, they probably score and we're playing catch up for the remainder of the game.

    Also, it's worth asking again....can we get a darn kicker?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •