_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

  1. #1

    Training PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named


  2. #2
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,192

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Guess that was the donation someone was referencing a little bit ago.

    Found this after the original post.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...a9L0GAP0ZIovbt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    1,770

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    I see "Plaza" names being sold off. Could this be the death of the Cox building and building of the plaza finally?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    7 big ones for naming rights... that's yuuuuuge.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    809

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    My understanding is that the Mosings didn't put up any additional money for this. The naming was given in recognition of past contributions to the university and athletic department.


  6. #6
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,071

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    My understanding is that the Mosings didn't put up any additional money for this. The naming was given in recognition of past contributions to the university and athletic department.
    Still, this honor is more than deserved. Think about it, that family started from scratch what is one of the premier energy service companies in the world today and they are headquartered here in Lafayette. The contributions they have given to this university (both athletically and academically) from this success are immense and continue the tradition of support like the Heymann family and Robert Trahan. Congratulations to the Mosings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    Yes, anyone who disagrees with this one is full of _____. This family has been super generous to academics (including the 2.8M for Mechanical Engineering) and many contributions and support for athletics over the years. Some people on here would find a reason to diss anything UL does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Still, this honor is more than deserved. Think about it, that family started from scratch what is one of the premier energy service companies in the world today and they are headquartered here in Lafayette. The contributions they have given to this university (both athletically and academically) from this success are immense and continue the tradition of support like the Heymann family and Robert Trahan. Congratulations to the Mosings.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yes, anyone who disagrees with this one is full of _____. This family has been super generous to academics (including the 2.8M for Mechanical Engineering) and many contributions and support for athletics over the years. Some people on here would find a reason to diss anything UL does.
    Did anyone on here diss UL for doing this? It was well deserved. I was pointing out that people thought they just gave UL $7,000,000 for this honor when actually past donations were used to give them this honor.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,893
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yes, anyone who disagrees with this one is full of _____. This family has been super generous to academics (including the 2.8M for Mechanical Engineering) and many contributions and support for athletics over the years. Some people on here would find a reason to diss anything UL does.
    Count me in, I'm not a fan of using potentially recurring athletic naming right assets to reward totally separate academic support as a one time permanant deal. But as an educational institution, I get it.

    In the end it is another example of how athletics supports academics. Support numbers you won't find on paper.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    I was not referring to your post. Maybe I misinterpreted the statement below, but I doubt it:

    "I see "Plaza" names being sold off."

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Did anyone on here diss UL for doing this? It was well deserved. I was pointing out that people thought they just gave UL $7,000,000 for this honor when actually past donations were used to give them this honor.

  11. #11
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,000

    Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

    Fish, it's all for sale.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •