Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Friday high school football games

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: Friday high school football games

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I thought maybe the touchdown 18 wheeler's engine had rusted up from lack of use.....
    C'mon that cane truck was awesome.

I think this series may have been a victim of the whole public/private nonsense.

Sad.

Beau Chêne '06. We won a track state title and had some damn good volleyball and softball teams during my time there. Football team earned its second-ever playoff appearance my senior year. The quiz bowl team wasn't too shabby either.

As for football games to watch this weekend, Jennings @ Church Point promises to be a dog fight. Brandon Comeaux and I are doing that game on KPEL tomorrow night.

Whataburger: Do you know Dexter Brown? He graduated from Lawtell around the same time as you.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Should be a great game. If you make it to that game, let us know on here. I'm sure many would like to put a face to the name. That STM vs PB is the game I'm choosing.

By the way, what's the story behind the name "wscoog"?
    Will try to post when I get situated at the game. Would love to meet some of you. As for the screen name I get it from being a Houston cougar fan and my neighbor called me the welding slug when I opened a welding supply. Welding slug coog is too long so I just went with the initial s.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I think this series may have been a victim of the whole public/private nonsense.

Sad.
    No it came to an end because the X panther coach truned bobcat is a freaking !d10+ always was always wil be.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Sad.
    Give credit to Jimmy D for the cane truck.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    That is because David Homeaux head football coach in the rat decided this year the 2 teams should not play anymore and removed CHNI from the schedule. That game has been an annual thing since at least the 70s and dude just decided he was bigger than that history.
    . They figured they could never win so why risk the power points by losing to a 2A team. By the way, Comeaux is out as HC so the next guy might rekindle the rivalry.

St. Thomas more has come to play.

Just say Landry walker is protesting the game because a guy was caught relaying info to the Rams booth from the Landry walker sideline

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Aside from Boomer, I'm the other Jesuit High grad on this board. Class of '79. Jays had it ROUGH this season.
    Long time soccer dynasty until population shift to St Paul's

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just say Landry walker is protesting the game because a guy was caught relaying info to the Rams booth from the Landry walker sideline
    Where did you hear this? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Where did you hear this? Just curious
    LW Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Beau Chêne '06. We won a track state title and had some damn good volleyball and softball teams during my time there. Football team earned its second-ever playoff appearance my senior year. The quiz bowl team wasn't too shabby either.

As for football games to watch this weekend, Jennings @ Church Point promises to be a dog fight. Brandon Comeaux and I are doing that game on KPEL tomorrow night.

Whataburger: Do you know Dexter Brown? He graduated from Lawtell around the same time as you.

Name sounds familiar. I think I might, but I've lost touch with almost everyone back there.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Any update? Couldnt find a report about this anywhere..,.. Fake news?

From what I've heard, this is completely false. There was an incident of a former Acadiana coach, who doesn't even live in the state anymore, being on the sideline of another game. Opponents sideline to the team where his brother in law is a coach. Had headphones on and was listening to a radio broadcast.

Opposing team asked that he be removed from their sideline, and there was an incident. But it wasn't at the Acadiana game at all.

That is correct. Former Sulphur head coach is a coach with East Ascension now and he saw former Acadiana coach at Live Oak, East Ascension game and jumped to wrong conclusion. Former Acadiana coach's son in law is special teams coach for Live Oak.

He should still be able to control who is on his sideline, doesnt seem like wrong conclusion.

I notice far too many people on most sidelines as it is, saw a college game where it seemed there was more "staff" than players

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Aside from Boomer, I'm the other Jesuit High grad on this board. Class of '79. Jays had it ROUGH this season.
    Ho hum, you forgot about me....

During my senior year (2007), our soccer team finished undefeated with a state title and a national ranking of #4 on the USA Today poll.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4