Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: Friday high school football games

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default Friday high school football games

    Will be in town Friday night and was hoping to see if there were any games that you guys would recommend me and the wife to check out. Just love the experience of watching high school football.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    986

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    STM vs Parkview Baptist
    Acadiana vs Landry-Walker


  3. #3
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,220

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Are they both in Lafayette?


  4. #4
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Are they both in Lafayette?
    ....so what's up with the VCs?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    986

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Yes I believe so


  6. #6
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Yes I believe so
    I'd go to Acadiana v Landry Walker. The talent will be ridiculous.

  7. #7
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....so what's up with the VCs?
    No clue Boomer...I'm on the outs with VC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    STM will be hosting Parkview Baptist at Cougar Stadium on E Farrell.
    This is a rematch of the last two Division II state championship games.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Sounds like cougar stadium will be the place to be. How difficult is parking and getting tickets? My wife has a leg issue and can't walk very far. Will they allow me to drop her off and then park? Sorry for so many questions


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....so what's up with the VCs?
    Boomer. YOU a VC GRAD?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,751

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....so what's up with the VCs?
    I'm only aware of the one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Sounds like cougar stadium will be the place to be. How difficult is parking and getting tickets? My wife has a leg issue and can't walk very far. Will they allow me to drop her off and then park? Sorry for so many questions
    You should be able to get tickets at the gate. The school is selling them at the receptionist desk until noon on Friday.

    Much of the parking closest to the stadium is reserved, but we are able to drop kids off near the stadium as security is very understanding. Then you should be able to park on the grass near E. Farrell Rd.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    You should be able to get tickets at the gate. The school is selling them at the receptionist desk until noon on Friday.

    Much of the parking closest to the stadium is reserved, but we are able to drop kids off near the stadium as security is very understanding. Then you should be able to park on the grass near E. Farrell Rd.
    Thanks so much for the help. It is reassuring to have an understanding before trying to travel to New places.

  14. #14
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,054

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Games in the Acadiana area this week for reference. As mentioned, probably the most talent at the Acadiana high game, but can't go wrong with STM-PBS

    5A
    14-Landry-Walker at 3-Acadiana

    Div II
    5-Parkview Baptist at 4-St. Thomas More

    Div III
    8-Episcopal at 1-Notre Dame
    6-Calvary Baptist at 3-Catholic-NI

    3A
    12-Iota at 5-Kaplan
    10-Jennings at 7-Church Point
    2-Iowa at 18-Crowley

    Div IV
    5-Catholic-PC at 4-LCA
    6-Ascension Catholic at 3-St. Edmund


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In da cove :)
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Games in the Acadiana area this week for reference. As mentioned, probably the most talent at the Acadiana high game, but can't go wrong with STM-PBS

    5A
    14-Landry-Walker at 3-Acadiana

    Div II
    5-Parkview Baptist at 4-St. Thomas More

    Div III
    8-Episcopal at 1-Notre Dame
    6-Calvary Baptist at 3-Catholic-NI

    3A
    12-Iota at 5-Kaplan
    10-Jennings at 7-Church Point
    2-Iowa at 18-Crowley

    Div IV
    5-Catholic-PC at 4-LCA
    6-Ascension Catholic at 3-St. Edmund
    Just a heads up for anyone attending the Notre Dame game, it is being played at Rayne High

  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I'm only aware of the one.
    .........VC of Abbeville and VC of Houma!!!

  17. #17
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Boomer. YOU a VC GRAD?
    ........No I am Jesuit Alumnus....my daughter is a proud Vermilion Catholic Alumna!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,751

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .........VC of Abbeville and VC of Houma!!!
    I wasn't aware anyone called Vandebilt anything but Vandebilt.

  19. #19
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Games in the Acadiana area this week for reference. As mentioned, probably the most talent at the Acadiana high game, but can't go wrong with STM-PBS

    5A
    14-Landry-Walker at 3-Acadiana

    Div II
    5-Parkview Baptist at 4-St. Thomas More

    Div III
    8-Episcopal at 1-Notre Dame
    6-Calvary Baptist at 3-Catholic-NI

    3A
    12-Iota at 5-Kaplan
    10-Jennings at 7-Church Point
    2-Iowa at 18-Crowley

    Div IV
    5-Catholic-PC at 4-LCA
    6-Ascension Catholic at 3-St. Edmund
    ....so where is VC???

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,751

    Default Re: Friday high school football games

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .........VC of Abbeville and VC of Houma!!!
    I thought you were referring to Venezuela Catholic. That's what we used to refer to the one in Abbeville as when they decided to import basketball success.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •