_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: New football assistant ?

  1. #1
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,908

    Default New football assistant ?

    I see UL has a job posting for an assistant coach. Who has left or is leaving?

    We should see quite a few applicants from RP. J/K


  2. #2
    RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Worthless if it's not the special teams coach


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    663

    Default

    How many are already listed? NCAA has approved the addition of a 10th Assistant Coach for football. I'm not sure when it becomes effective, I would think at the beginning of 2018 or the end this football season.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Can be hired starting in January


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    If not starting until January shouldn't the incoming head coach hire him?

    :-)


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    It is through strategies like adding the 10th coach (salary, benefits, perks, etc.) that the P5 teams have the power to keep the G5 in the lower level.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    943

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    It is through strategies like adding the 10th coach (salary, benefits, perks, etc.) that the P5 teams have the power to keep the G5 in the lower level.
    Don't "have" to hire a 10th do we? I mean we can lose just as many games with 9 as we could with 10

  8. #8
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,122
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Don't "have" to hire a 10th do we? I mean we can lose just as many games with 9 as we could with 10
    Oh no you didn't.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Don't "have" to hire a 10th do we? I mean we can lose just as many games with 9 as we could with 10
    I agree but I'm going to flip it.

    I think UL could win as many as they have with just 7 coaches.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Reading between the lines, it sounds like this staff will be around another year.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Reading between the lines, it sounds like this staff will be around another year.
    Yeah.. I'm hearing the same. Maggard loves Hud

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    549

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah.. I'm hearing the same. Maggard loves Hud
    Uh oh...MAT won't like this statement

  13. #13
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,735

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah.. I'm hearing the same. Maggard loves Hud
    I have not heard Maggard loves Hud. However the probation period ends December 1 and that has been more detrimental than we first perhaps realized. Specifically, we could not sign JC guys in January due to the scholarship limits. I know the current staff is looking at bringing some of those guys now. Anyway, Maggard may want to see how the program fares without the probation before making a call. Granted, if the program finishes with a losing regular season record his decision will be more difficult. Note, I know nothing official here. This entire post is speculation.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have not heard Maggard loves Hud. However the probation period ends December 1 and that has been more detrimental than we first perhaps realized. Specifically, we could not sign JC guys in January due to the scholarship limits. I know the current staff is looking at bringing some of those guys now. Anyway, Maggard may want to see how the program fares without the probation before making a call. Granted, if the program finishes with a losing regular season record his decision will be more difficult. Note, I know nothing official here. This entire post is speculation.
    Mike,
    It just makes me wonder if firing Hud is even being considered, since they are hiring an asst. Maybe I am reading this wrong.

  15. #15
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,611

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    It will cost more to keep Hudspeth.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah.. I'm hearing the same. Maggard loves Hud

  17. #17
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,372

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Mike,
    It just makes me wonder if firing Hud is even being considered, since they are hiring an asst. Maybe I am reading this wrong.
    .....the obvious thing to me is that an assistant is transferring, quitting, or being fired.....btw, when I got to UL I took over working with the kickers from Coach Russ.....I think I knew more than he and I know I freed up so much time for him ....Had no clue about the soccer style, but Zeno worked well with our All American holder and kicker!!! Happy Homecoming to all!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,975
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah.. I'm hearing the same. Maggard loves Hud
    I have not heard that from Maggard, but he certainly is supporting his coach publicly. At this point, I don't expect him to say anything otherwise.

  19. #19
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,517

    Default Re: New football assistant ?

    Unless Hud loses his last four games I'd be shocked to see a change. Even if he ends up 4/8 I'd be surprised to see a change for the 2018 season. It takes a lotta losing for a long time for UL to pull the cord even when money isn't an issue.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •