Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

  1. #61
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You do need to try to field a home court schedule do you not?
    Not with my money, if Bigfish is going to schedule D2-3 teams or D1 teams with RPIs over 200. We have enough of those in conference. I would rather not have a single home game ooc than play the home schedule we have this year.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not with my money, if Bigfish is going to schedule D2-3 teams or D1 teams with RPIs over 200. We have enough of those in conference. I would rather not have a single home game ooc than play the home schedule we have this year.
    I'm sure recruits would love that... hey come play here...millions were just dumped into your "home"...but we'll only play there when we're forced to.

  3. #63
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I'm sure recruits would love that... hey come play here...millions were just dumped into your "home"...but we'll only play there when we're forced to.
    Better than .. hey, come play here... I promise to schedule only crappy teams at home; you'll never get to play a quality ooc opponent in front of a home crowd.

  4. #64
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,980

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Better than .. hey, come play here... I promise to schedule only crappy teams at home; you'll never get to play a quality ooc opponent in front of a home crowd.
    Impact on class time is one reason that a complete road non conference schedule will not be allowed here.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Here is a summary:
    Express and Vob hate everything Marlin does no matter what. Most everyone else Doesn't love the schedule but understands the nuances of the situation because they don't hate Marlin. Let me know if I missed anything.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Here is a summary:
    Express and Vob hate everything Marlin does no matter what. Most everyone else Doesn't love the schedule but understands the nuances of the situation because they don't hate Marlin. Let me know if I missed anything.
    nope, that sums it up pretty much exactly

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,808

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not with my money, if Bigfish is going to schedule D2-3 teams or D1 teams with RPIs over 200. We have enough of those in conference. I would rather not have a single home game ooc than play the home schedule we have this year.
    +1000

    Everybody loves to reference the MVC schools like Northern Iowa when talking about scheduling, and they're right. They schedule properly. It is no secret how they got to this point.

    Their conference placed scheduling and funding requirements on their members. This led to better recruits and coaches. This led to higher RPIs conference wide. This led to....better scheduling , like home and homes with North Carolina.

    It's a cycle of excellence, but this requires Administrations that care about basketball and coaching staffs that aren't afraid of challenges and competition.

    Our league is full of Administrations that couldn't care lees and coaches sliding by on D2 rent a wins and some BS post season tournaments of non-champions.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,239

    Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Impact on class time is one reason that a complete road non conference schedule will not be allowed here.
    Don't bother Mike.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •