Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104

Thread: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again, this is not the attitude and mindset he said he was bringing to this program.
    Not arguing that, he also probably didn't think he would still be here 7 years later possibly getting fired. When you are crucified for every move you make it doesnt really matter how you handle anything because he wil be wrong until he is gone. You still haven't answered when was a good time to suspend the 13 players?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Wait, who mentioned injuries? The point some of us made was that their presence added to the makeup of the team for a better performance....It's done and we choose our destiny in these next 3 games....3 wins and there is a chance for a share of the title....win 2 or 3 and we get the N O bowl and a real thrill for the kids and families......give you an idea of Coach Boomer talking to a recruit and casually mention going to N O to end each year with a week of visiting with family, friends, students and actually have had the largest bowl attendance with 45k.....then show the pictures....wow the Cajun march in the quarter, the kid's hospital, the food, and yes the wrap around of the dome in red....like a taken for granted reward for our school....It is!!!
    Guess what, Boomer. You're not getting 45k people into the Superdome to watch a 6-6 Cajuns football team. Sorry.

  3. #83
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Guess what, Boomer. You're not getting 45k people into the Superdome to watch a 6-6 Cajuns football team. Sorry.
    ....Let's get there first....see you at HComing!!!

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Not arguing that, he also probably didn't think he would still be here 7 years later possibly getting fired. When you are crucified for every move you make it doesnt really matter how you handle anything because he wil be wrong until he is gone. You still haven't answered when was a good time to suspend the 13 players?
    12 games....why not 1 per game, with two against the FCS school? Just devil advocate, given there is obviously no good time....

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    12 games....why not 1 per game, with two against the FCS school? Just devil advocate, given there is obviously no good time....
    This.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    12 games....why not 1 per game, with two against the FCS school? Just devil advocate, given there is obviously no good time....
    I️ would have been fine with that but then people would say the discipline was a joke and he was just trying not to get fired.My point is he can't win in that situation and he did what all coaches do, try to discipline players without affecting the entire team. If you do all 13 at once you are handing yourself a loss considering you are benching %30 of your main contributors at once. If you do it against conference you are probably stealing a win from the guys who didn't get arrested. If you do it against your money games you Are sending the wrong message. No matter what he does he is wrong in this situation. He benched some for SLU and some for ole miss and we went 1-1 which is what is the most likely outcome 99 out of 100 and is also how almost every coach would handle it.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Why are they being suspended at all, they were just securing items that were destined to be thrown away.

    I listed links to what universities do when dorms get abandoned. Nothing was stolen, every single item returned including the intent clincher, underwear.


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why are they being suspended at all, they were just securing items that were destined to be thrown away.

    I listed links to what universities do when dorms get abandoned. Nothing was stolen, every single item returned including the intent clincher, underwear.
    Because they got arrested

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Because they got arrested
    At the behest of a person who was grasping to make sense of the situation her son was in.

    Charges were pressed (dropped and lowered) for them doing the exact same thing the mother wanted to do.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    At the behest of a person who was grasping to make sense of the situation her son was in.

    Charges were pressed (dropped and lowered) for them doing the exact same thing the mother wanted to do.
    Doesn't matter, they got arrested. Would you want the coach to have a "I'll decide if it's a worthy arrest" policy? Robe kicked a guy off the team for fir getting arrested for fighting a guy who was beating his girlfriend

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    At the behest of a person who was grasping to make sense of the situation her son was in.

    Charges were pressed (dropped and lowered) for them doing the exact same thing the mother wanted to do.
    That's not at all what they were doing.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Doesn't matter, they got arrested. Would you want the coach to have a "I'll decide if it's a worthy arrest" policy? Robe kicked a guy off the team for fir getting arrested for fighting a guy who was beating his girlfriend
    Computerized decision making has been shown to fail. Especially when humans try to implement it.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    That's not at all what they were doing.
    The preserved underwear and other preserved useless items (preserved without exception) proved it.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Doesn't matter, they got arrested. Would you want the coach to have a "I'll decide if it's a worthy arrest" policy? Robe kicked a guy off the team for fir getting arrested for fighting a guy who was beating his girlfriend
    Imagine the arrest havoc that would happen if that ESPN logo intern were to be hired by a local law enforcement agency.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Computerized decision making has been shown to fail. Especially when humans try to implement it.
    No actually your way allows for double standard. Star players aren't punished because coach can justify their arrest while backups and scout players get punished for any arrest. This isn't a court of law. You get arrested you sit, plain and simple. Those players were going beat that dudes az for raping their friend and I️ don't blame them, still doesn't void them of consequence.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    No actually your way allows for double standard. Star players aren't punished because coach can justify their arrest while backups and scout players get punished for any arrest. This isn't a court of law. You get arrested you sit, plain and simple. Those players were going beat that dudes az for raping their friend and I️ don't blame them, still doesn't void them of consequence.
    You are correct, unfortunately there is potential for abuse and a double standard.

    That should be avoided at cost ahead of convicting the innocent.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are correct, unfortunately there is potential for abuse and a double standard.

    That should be avoided at cost ahead of convicting the innocent.
    Why is this so difficult? If you find yourself in handcuffs and brought to the police station and booked you are disciplined. This isn't a court of law, you embarrassed the program by bringing negative attention to it so you are disciplined for that...regardless what happens to the charges.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why is this so difficult? If you find yourself in handcuffs and brought to the police station and booked you are disciplined. This isn't a court of law, you embarrassed the program by bringing negative attention to it so you are disciplined for that...regardless what happens to the charges.
    If you believe in perfect arrest records Ok.

    Someone could have a field day with false arrests

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why is this so difficult? If you find yourself in handcuffs and brought to the police station and booked you are disciplined. This isn't a court of law, you embarrassed the program by bringing negative attention to it so you are disciplined for that...regardless what happens to the charges.
    You are the one who wanted to arrest Frenchie for taking pictures at Cajun Field till you read the sign for a third time.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you believe in perfect arrest records Ok.

    Someone could have a field day with false arrests
    And coaches would never have to discipline players if arrests can be justified

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •