Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104

Thread: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,237

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .......What, did you play or coach somewhere? You are right onInstead of all the when and why think of it was for the most to gain and the least to lose......sure would have been great to beat OMiss, but HUD took up for the team and gives them a chance at a bowl and even a championship.......ask a player if he rather have a conference or Bowl ring, ask them if the whole thing isn't very cool, ask how having kids show up at bowl practices helps recruiting....hell we could lose out, but the decision was the right on!!!
    None of the players he sat are injured Boomer! How can you ensure their safety by not playing them? They can blow a knee out at practice tomorrow or fall down a staircase looking at their goofy phone and break their jaw for 6 weeks.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First of all, No, I do not do my job with the simple goal of not getting fired. That is the "Piker walks at the bell" approach. Of course, i work for myself so it would be highly inappropriate for me to do this anyhow but I couldn't see hiring a coach who was so pro-attitude development and "big time" approach who thought like this. You remember those days don't you Hark? You know, the sermons about not letting go of the rope and ____ like that. The never give up crap he preached to the fanbase and wanting to come in and compete and beat high profile teams to create a big time atmosphere here. Where has that gone?

    So you are saying its OK to rest, I mean "suspend" some players in a game against Ole Miss because it was likely a L anyway for what? Its not exactly like we are leading the conference race is it? We are behind the 8 ball as it is. So what do you think we should do next year when we get Alabama? You think we should "suspend" everyone then too so we don't get too hurt for conference?
    I️ didn't say all he should do is try not to get fired. His job is to win as many games as possible, suspending 4 starters for a conference game is not how you go about trying to win as many as you can. He is on the verge of losing his job so yeah I️ would expect the man to do what he has to do to keep his job. It is after all, his job. It's not his entertainment like it is for the rest of us. Would you prefer he not discipline the players for getting arrested? I'm sure that would be as cool as a boner at a swim meet around here. Do when would be a good time to do it? Name a game where nobody would have had sht to say about it?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not earlier in the season?
    2 things, if he does it against SLU we probably would have lost and benching them against an FCS everybody would have said it was a cop
    Out Tat he only did it for show. He can't win no matter what he does.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,237

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I️ didn't say all he should do is try not to get fired. His job is to win as many games as possible, suspending 4 starters for a conference game is not how you go about trying to win as many as you can. He is on the verge of losing his job so yeah I️ would expect the man to do what he has to do to keep his job. It is after all, his job. It's not his entertainment like it is for the rest of us. Would you prefer he not discipline the players for getting arrested? I'm sure that would be as cool as a boner at a swim meet around here. Do when would be a good time to do it? Name a game where nobody would have had sht to say about it?
    First off, he had all season to suspend them. I honestly wouldn't have that many issues with suspending them for the Tulsa game. Also, A & M was supposed to be better. Going by your logic, wouldn't it make more sense to suspend them for that game? Honestly, its not only that although for some reason it just bugged me this week.

    I look at this guy who preached all this ____ to us and then it just seems like he picks and chooses his time to really push for a great performance. Our offense was supposed to by dynamic this year and it has curled right back up into its flacid, soft and predictable self. Even J1M's thong couldn't make this offense look good.

    Discipline is fine but I think we all know this was "rest" don't we especially with the announcement coming so late in the season right before kickoff. If that is your plan, why not announce it much sooner?

    It also seemed to me that they just wanted to get some warm bodies in the game for experience. I saw guys playing who I haven't really seen all year with healthy starters on the bench. It just made no sense. It truly felt like we packed it in from before the game and that doesn't sit well with me and I don't feel it sends a quality message to the players.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,237

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    2 things, if he does it against SLU we probably would have lost and benching them against an FCS everybody would have said it was a cop
    Out Tat he only did it for show. He can't win no matter what he does.
    Have you noticed when most coaches bench players for discipline? It's usually for FCS teams and teams like us unfortunately.

  6. #66
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    None of the players he sat are injured Boomer! How can you ensure their safety by not playing them? They can blow a knee out at practice tomorrow or fall down a staircase looking at their goofy phone and break their jaw for 6 weeks.
    Wait, who mentioned injuries? The point some of us made was that their presence added to the makeup of the team for a better performance....It's done and we choose our destiny in these next 3 games....3 wins and there is a chance for a share of the title....win 2 or 3 and we get the N O bowl and a real thrill for the kids and families......give you an idea of Coach Boomer talking to a recruit and casually mention going to N O to end each year with a week of visiting with family, friends, students and actually have had the largest bowl attendance with 45k.....then show the pictures....wow the Cajun march in the quarter, the kid's hospital, the food, and yes the wrap around of the dome in red....like a taken for granted reward for our school....It is!!!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Have you noticed when most coaches bench players for discipline? It's usually for FCS teams and teams like us unfortunately.
    Exactly, so it doesn't hurt the coach or the team. Sitting all 13 for SLU would have been disaster. Why is texas A&M any better of an option?

  8. #68
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,137
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First off, he had all season to suspend them. I honestly wouldn't have that many issues with suspending them for the Tulsa game. Also, A & M was supposed to be better. Going by your logic, wouldn't it make more sense to suspend them for that game? Honestly, its not only that although for some reason it just bugged me this week.

    I look at this guy who preached all this ____ to us and then it just seems like he picks and chooses his time to really push for a great performance. Our offense was supposed to by dynamic this year and it has curled right back up into its flacid, soft and predictable self. Even J1M's thong couldn't make this offense look good.

    Discipline is fine but I think we all know this was "rest" don't we especially with the announcement coming so late in the season right before kickoff. If that is your plan, why not announce it much sooner?

    It also seemed to me that they just wanted to get some warm bodies in the game for experience. I saw guys playing who I haven't really seen all year with healthy starters on the bench. It just made no sense. It truly felt like we packed it in from before the game and that doesn't sit well with me and I don't feel it sends a quality message to the players.
    That's pure BS!!! My thong might not win us games... but it damn sure would have made us look good. This is going over the line Zephyr! I look fabulous in my thong and you know it!

  9. #69
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,137
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not earlier in the season?
    Let's face it... we wouldn't accept him suspending them... and losing that game... no matter what game it happen to be. I agree with your criticism of Hud's "never let go of the rope" attitude having devolved to "sometimes you have to let go of the rope". But if I were in the situation he's in... suspending them against Ole Miss was the right call. I didn't say it was a good call... or even an acceptable "big picture" call. But for Hud... it was the right call. That's all. Oh... and I look spectacular in my thong.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,549

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    It's gotten to the point with "the rope", that sucker dry rotted


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I️ didn't say all he should do is try not to get fired. His job is to win as many games as possible, suspending 4 starters for a conference game is not how you go about trying to win as many as you can. He is on the verge of losing his job so yeah I️ would expect the man to do what he has to do to keep his job. It is after all, his job. It's not his entertainment like it is for the rest of us. Would you prefer he not discipline the players for getting arrested? I'm sure that would be as cool as a boner at a swim meet around here. Do when would be a good time to do it? Name a game where nobody would have had sht to say about it?
    So by your thought process, why didn't he suspend them for Texas A&M? He had already suspended the rest before that game, so you think he actually thought he could win that game as well?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Let's face it... we wouldn't accept him suspending them... and losing that game... no matter what game it happen to be. I agree with your criticism of Hud's "never let go of the rope" attitude having devolved to "sometimes you have to let go of the rope". But if I were in the situation he's in... suspending them against Ole Miss was the right call. I didn't say it was a good call... or even an acceptable "big picture" call. But for Hud... it was the right call. That's all. Oh... and I look spectacular in my thong.
    I think the premise that he suspended them because it was the Ole Miss game isn't anymore logical than not suspending them for the Texas A&M game because he thought he was going to win. He knew both games were going to be losses and yet he waited. In either case, the results in each game were exactly what I expected, with or without the suspended players.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So by your thought process, why didn't he suspend them for Texas A&M? He had already suspended the rest before that game, so you think he actually thought he could win that game as well?
    What does it matter? When you don't have any guaranteed W's on your schedule it's smart to do it for the likely L...and yes I️ think he thought they may have had a chance at A&M.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    What does it matter? When you don't have any guaranteed W's on your schedule it's smart to do it for the likely L...and yes I️ think he thought they may have had a chance at A&M.
    It doesn't because he is anything but a disciplinarian and trying to explain his rationale is a waste of time. His discipline left the program with Coach Whitt.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,883
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It doesn't because he is anything but a disciplinarian and trying to explain his rationale is a waste of time. His discipline left the program with Coach Whitt.
    Yup!! Coach Whitt was SCHMEDIUMS testes.. Whitt was the MAN. SCHMEDIUM is the dud, egocentric blow hard who loves only himself and equates to used car salesman.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Hud blocked me on Twitter...
    LOL He blocked me a long time ago. But you??? That's epic.

    I'm also blocked by @RaginCajunsSB, so I'm obviously not the fan I thought I was.

    And of course, everyone knows the sad sob story of @SunBelt LOL

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It doesn't because he is anything but a disciplinarian and trying to explain his rationale is a waste of time. His discipline left the program with Coach Whitt.
    He is no different than any other coach. When the big schools sit their off-season arrests for The first half against UT-Chattanooga that doesn't really scream discipline to me. Big schools discipline for guaranteed W's...hud chose to do it for a guaranteed L...they all choose to do it when it's least likely to affect the outcome.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    2

    Training Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup!! Coach Whitt was SCHMEDIUMS testes.. Whitt was the MAN. SCHMEDIUM is the dud, egocentric blow hard who loves only himself and equates to used car salesman.
    Whitt makes grown men cry like babies. ... and then they thank him.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,237

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Let's face it... we wouldn't accept him suspending them... and losing that game... no matter what game it happen to be. I agree with your criticism of Hud's "never let go of the rope" attitude having devolved to "sometimes you have to let go of the rope". But if I were in the situation he's in... suspending them against Ole Miss was the right call. I didn't say it was a good call... or even an acceptable "big picture" call. But for Hud... it was the right call. That's all. Oh... and I look spectacular in my thong.
    The fact that he has 13 players to suspend is sad enough but none of us could have known that the SLU game would have gone like it did. Should it have gone down like that? No. It would have made more sense to suspend for that game when we have more depth. Would we have lost? It looks like it but he would have had to deal with the ____ storm then that he is dealing with now.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,237

    Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    What does it matter? When you don't have any guaranteed W's on your schedule it's smart to do it for the likely L...and yes I️ think he thought they may have had a chance at A&M.
    Again, this is not the attitude and mindset he said he was bringing to this program.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •