Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

Default Re: This thinking should be enough to get him canned

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Asked why he chose the Ole Miss game to suspend the four key players, Hudspeth said, "It just got to this game, and I felt like this was the best game to do it."
    He knew this long before he "got to the game". He needs to win 2 of last 4 to be bowl eligible. UL wasn't going to beat OM, regardless. UL will beat NMSU & GSU and will be in the NOLA Bowl again, unless the Sunbelt forces the NOLA Bowl to pick Troy or App State.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    He knew this long before he "got to the game". He needs to win 2 of last 4 to be bowl eligible. UL wasn't going to beat OM, regardless. UL will beat NMSU & GSU and will be in the NOLA Bowl again, unless the Sunbelt forces the NOLA Bowl to pick Troy or App State.
    You're an idiot...suspend your best and most impressive rb in a game where the opposing defense is nearly the worst rushing defense in the country? May still have lost, but sure would not have been this colossal of a blow out...and no one gives a good dump about any bowl game featuring a bad 6 win team with a ship head for a coach...its buffoons like you who continue to settle for average that in reality keep this program from going anywhere...

UL will beat NMSU & GSU and will be in the NOLA Bowl again, unless the Sunbelt forces the NOLA Bowl to pick Troy or App State.
    Which, honestly, would be better off for everyone involved. We'll be embarrassed by turning out 5-10k for the NOLA bowl and they'd be hesitant to extend that auto-invite to us again. It'd be better if they shipped us to Mobile or something so we could quietly end this season and blame the lack of attendance on location or something. The hard truth of apathy setting in would be too much for some to handle.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Which, honestly, would be better off for everyone involved. We'll be embarrassed by turning out 5-10k for the NOLA bowl and they'd be hesitant to extend that auto-invite to us again. It'd be better if they shipped us to Mobile or something so we could quietly end this season and blame the lack of attendance on location or something. The hard truth of apathy setting in would be too much for some to handle.
    .......Just want you and your group to be there with ya'lls vertical striped overalls!!! Lol

Just like Coastal was never going to compete with Arkansas, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just like Coastal was never going to compete with Arkansas, right?
    I can agree with you, but Hud understands math. He is more likely to remain employed if UL is bowl eligible. He had a much better chance of winning 2 of the last 3 than beating OM, so using the OM game to "suspend" players was in HIS best interest.

I can agree with you, but Hud understands math. He is more likely to remain employed if UL is bowl eligible. He had a much better change of winning 2 of the last 3 than beating OM, so using the OM game to "suspend" players was in HIS best interest.
    You're 100% dead on, which furthers the notion that Mark Hudspeth is no longer trying to better the state of this program. He's trying to better the state of his job security. I don't want a man like that in charge of my program.

I can agree with you, but Hud understands math. He is more likely to remain employed if UL is bowl eligible. He had a much better chance of winning 2 of the last 3 than beating OM, so using the OM game to "suspend" players was in HIS best interest.
    This is accurate. It ____es me off but it is accurate.

Doesn't he owe it to the other players on the team to get them the most wins possible? Why would he suspend them for a more winnable game? Why don't these seniors deserve a chance to go out with a bowl? The whole team didn't get arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Doesn't he owe it to the other players on the team to get them the most wins possible? Why would he suspend them for a more winnable game? Why don't these seniors deserve a chance to go out with a bowl? The whole team didn't get arrested
    That's exactly what Hud's goal is. To deliver a bowl. He knows that he has us by the balls as long as he makes bowl games every year. He can dangle that carrot over our head since we were never in one to begin with. I guess he figures he can hide all of the other shortcomings by continuously going to bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That's exactly what Hud's goal is. To deliver a bowl. He knows that he has us by the balls as long as he makes bowl games every year. He can dangle that carrot over our head since we were never in one to begin with. I guess he figures he can hide all of the other shortcomings by continuously going to bowls.
    Isn't the majority of people's goal at work to not get fired? I have a lot of problems with hud, choosing to suspend players for a game that is highly likely an L anyway isn't one of them. It would be pretty shtty for the rest of the guys on the team to do it for a conference game.

Blog Entries

If you can wait till this point in the season to suspend, what's wrong with a staggered rollout?

Isn't the majority of people's goal at work to not get fired? I have a lot of problems with hud, choosing to suspend players for a game that is highly likely an L anyway isn't one of them. It would be pretty shtty for the rest of the guys on the team to do it for a conference game.
    Under the circumstances, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. This isn't much different than coaches suspending players during early season games against lesser opponents. Coaches are judged by their win totals. Only coaches who feel very comfortable in their job security would do otherwise.

The easy road for Hud would have been to act like many prima donna coaches and just not suspend the players. He could have used the hand slap punishment that keeps all his players in all the games all year. He mixed up the suspensions during the year the best he could. Don't most people want punishment for bad behavior from players? I applaud him for enforcing discipline on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    The easy road for Hud would have been to act like many prima donna coaches and just not suspend the players. He could have used the hand slap punishment that keeps all his players in all the games all year. He mixed up the suspensions during the year the best he could. Don't most people want punishment for bad behavior from players? I applaud him for enforcing discipline on the team.
    To add to this point...we've always been told recruits want to play in big time games...and on TV....this game was both...if what we've always been told is true, this was a bigger punishment than sitting out against SELA

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

.......What, did you play or coach somewhere? You are right onInstead of all the when and why think of it was for the most to gain and the least to lose......sure would have been great to beat OMiss, but HUD took up for the team and gives them a chance at a bowl and even a championship.......ask a player if he rather have a conference or Bowl ring, ask them if the whole thing isn't very cool, ask how having kids show up at bowl practices helps recruiting....hell we could lose out, but the decision was the right on!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    To add to this point...we've always been told recruits want to play in big time games...and on TV....this game as both...if what we've always been told is true, this was a bigger punishment than sitting out against SELA
    True.

Had not thought of that.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I'm not a critic of Hud's logic on this one. If he had to suspend players... Ole Miss was the game to do it.

First of all, No, I do not do my job with the simple goal of not getting fired. That is the "Piker walks at the bell" approach. Of course, i work for myself so it would be highly inappropriate for me to do this anyhow but I couldn't see hiring a coach who was so pro-attitude development and "big time" approach who thought like this. You remember those days don't you Hark? You know, the sermons about not letting go of the rope and ____ like that. The never give up crap he preached to the fanbase and wanting to come in and compete and beat high profile teams to create a big time atmosphere here. Where has that gone?

So you are saying its OK to rest, I mean "suspend" some players in a game against Ole Miss because it was likely a L anyway for what? Its not exactly like we are leading the conference race is it? We are behind the 8 ball as it is. So what do you think we should do next year when we get Alabama? You think we should "suspend" everyone then too so we don't get too hurt for conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm not a critic of Hud's logic on this one. If he had to suspend players... Ole Miss was the game to do it.
    Not earlier in the season?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast