Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2122

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Another wacky letter to the editor with a few half baked rationalizations for keeping the coach. Such as, a bunch of folks that like Mike, went to Walk Ons and drank beer.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/o...rdy/851815001/
    Again, folks are thinking with their hearts and being real selective about what are proving to be facts. Mike crossed the line when put his hands on someone.

Default Re: UPDATE: UL is NOT offering 'release' to any softball transfers

But but pizza village

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Another wacky letter to the editor with a few half baked rationalizations for keeping the coach. Such as, a bunch of folks that like Mike, went to Walk Ons and drank beer.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/o...rdy/851815001/
    Ha ha. The consequence of this guys action of flying his plane in winds that were too high is that the plane was in a pile of rubble.

The consequence of Lotief's actions is that his coaching career is in a pile of rubble.

Actions have consequences.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I want him out as much as the next guy...but let's think logically here...the guy just got schat canned and embarrassed (rightfully so) by the university...I wouldn't expect him to host open house events for UL to show us off or anything
    Les Miles got "schat canned" in a MUCH more public manner. He took the high road FROM DAY ONE, and still does to this day. So.....regarding Loteif: A piece of shcat is a piece of schat is a piece of shcat! No excuses for what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Les Miles got "schat canned" in a MUCH more public manner. He took the high road FROM DAY ONE, and still does to this day. So.....regarding Loteif: A piece of shcat is a piece of schat is a piece of shcat! No excuses for what he is doing.
    Thank you very much...I had so-so attitude towards him in the past, but now with the way that he is handling all of this he is nothing but a POS in my book. Leave those young g kids alone, encourage them to stay and rebuild...not ruin their lives for HIS mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    This. Applause
    Name the last five national champions in any sport, most wont remember five years after that

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Name the last five national champions in any sport, most wont remember five years after that
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have we interviewed anyone for the softball head coach position?

Does any else think the release rule should only apply to scholarship recipients regardless...

Also the headline seems either wrong or misleading.... Could mean only not giving release to players who came here as transfers. If UL is only school i ever went to i wouldnt be a "transfer" so they wouldnt be withholding a release from me

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    Are we going to laud the hometown rag now for publishing Jesse's response to the cultist who penned the previously published letter to the editor? Just asking.
    They only published it because I made a public spectacle of their coverage first, and challenged them to be fair and publish the letter I was about to write. They almost had no choice.

The coverage has stayed far from neutral. As far as I can tell, my letter is the only fair coverage this entire issue has gotten in the DA.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

I do not agree with the way Lotief spoke to and treated some Cajun softball players. The accusations are alarming and the university had no choice but to fire him.

HOWEVER, the argument at the base of this letter is flawed. The whole point of this letter is that the way Lotief treated his players is not acceptable in a professional Work environment.

Wellllll, NO ____!

BasinBear, you have been outspoken about this. While coaching, did you ever talk to a player in a manner that would not be acceptable by HR in your post coaching career? Not trying to call you out it's just a fact on this board that you were once a coach. So did you ever raise your voice or say something that would not be acceptable in an office setting?

You think the way Hud and Coaches (or any other NCAA football coach and most baseball and softball coaches) would fly with the HR team at my office?!?! I would bet a paycheck that some things are said at practice that would call for "immediate termination" by the local HR guy at 90% of businesses.

Comparing the way NCAA coaches speak to and treat their players to how a professional is expected to treat their co-workers is pretty silly.

If we want NCAA coaches to begin treating their players with the respect required in a professional setting then that's fine.....but to think that it is the current normal throughout college athletics today is being naive.

This post is in no way defending Lotief's actions but pointing out the flaws in the argument trying to be made by writer.

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I do not agree with the way Lotief spoke to and treated some Cajun softball players. The accusations are alarming and the university had no choice but to fire him.

HOWEVER, the argument at the base of this letter is flawed. The whole point of this letter is that the way Lotief treated his players is not acceptable in a professional Work environment.

Wellllll, NO ____!

BasinBear, you have been outspoken about this. While coaching, did you ever talk to a player in a manner that would not be acceptable by HR in your post coaching career? Not trying to call you out it's just a fact on this board that you were once a coach. So did you ever raise your voice or say something that would not be acceptable in an office setting?

You think the way Hud and Coaches (or any other NCAA football coach and most baseball and softball coaches) would fly with the HR team at my office?!?! I would bet a paycheck that some things are said at practice that would call for "immediate termination" by the local HR guy at 90% of businesses.

Comparing the way NCAA coaches speak to and treat their players to how a professional is expected to treat their co-workers is pretty silly.

If we want NCAA coaches to begin treating their players with the respect required in a professional setting then that's fine.....but to think that it is the current normal throughout college athletics today is being naive.

This post is in no way defending Lotief's actions but pointing out the flaws in the argument trying to be made by writer.
    That's a good point....BUT....you're leaving out one VERY important caveat—football coaches coach BOYS/MEN, and Lotief coaches WOMEN!! GASP—I said it!! It may be 2017, but their is STILL a DIFFERENCE in calling a football lineman a p____, and saying that to a female softball player; or for that matter, using language at work on a female coworker as opposed to a male.....
    It's one thing if you're a drill Sargent in the military—women going through boot camp know what they're signing up for, but playing college sports?? Just sayin.....

Wellllll, NO ____!

Take the players out of it. What he did to the strength coach was grounds for termination by itself.

Wellllll, NO ____!

Of course... smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Take the players out of it. What he did to the strength coach was grounds for termination by itself.
    He is fortunate he didn't get anything broken, she could make mincemeat out of a large percentage of men on this planet.

Blog Entries

Wellllll, NO ____!

agree 100%.......80% of all coaches in America would be fired if all of their players were brought in and aggressively interrogated about every single action they have witnessed during practice and games.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    agree 100%.......80% of all coaches in America would be fired if all of their players were brought in and aggressively interrogated about every single action they have witnessed during practice and games.
    So if the majority do it, does it still make it right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    So if the majority do it, does it still make it right?
    So is this a precedent making case and a taste of #MeToo athletics to come?

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You guys do realize that he wasn't fired for his handling of players right? There were complaints filed and pretty much ignored by the university. I don't agree with calling those players _______. But there are two other common terms that really cross the line when referencing that body part and another person. Lotief was first suspended for verbally threatening Scott Farmer in T-Joe's presence. He resigned, as a result and was later convinced to return as HC. So it wasn't about the language.

He put hands on another athletic department employee in a demeaning or threatening manner supposedly on video and definitely with witnesses present. That is what got him fired.

The rest of the stuff brought out by Lotief and his supporters are just fluff and a way to divert attention from the real issue. He was fired with cause due to overt acts of physical intimidation and violence.

Aaaaaaaannnnnndddddd people still can't understand it was a CO-WORKER he berated and pushed..... people, it was NOT a player!!!

Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast