Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ignore him. He's a cultist too.
    Is Jenny on the Block in your cult?
    I only know of the one Guy but I think we scared him into hiding.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    It sounds like you are saying, if a coach of a male team was faced with the exact same allegations he would not have been fired.
    You do realize we are talking about terminating a person from a job? We aren't trying them for a criminal offense. Many coaches would be fired for similar behavior if it were brought to the attention of the employing administration. As well, once it gets into the public spotlight... the employment is more than done.

Placing your hands on another employee, man or woman, is definite grounds for termination. I do think when a man places his hands on a woman, it is more significant to the employer (and in society). There's a psychological break when a man places his hands on a woman in the workplace, for no other reason than to dominate them. Alarms go off. And this guy is a coach over young women. If half of what the young women stated is true... the guy had to be terminated. I realize he's confused. It's what he does "to make champions" in his mind. I realize why the athletes are confused. It's what he does "to make champions" in their minds. And I suppose there's a similar moral confusion on the part of some fans.

There is a higher toleration of foul language by a male in the presence of males than in the presence of females. I will not intervene on a guy cussing out another guy. I will intervene on a guy cussing out a woman. If it's a grown man with a young woman... I'm putting him to sleep. I would hope other men feel the same way, regardless of how maligned our modern culture has become.

Whether he was terminated or not... I find his behavior disgusting. But I do believe he could apologize and a lot of people that are upset with him would turn around and help restore his dignity. I do not believe he will restore it on his own. He may find a pound of vengeance available through Title IX sanctions... but UL will recover from them. He will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I only know of the one Guy but I think we scared him into hiding.
    Wouldn't know, you'd have to ask the cult members themselves.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's 867-5309.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It's 867-5309.
    337?

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    337?
    No. Jenny left Lafayette. Her boyfriend had to leave UL. Title IX made UL drop one of the men's athletic programs. Jenny's boyfriend didn't have the money to stay and finish at UL. He had to move back home and finish community college while working a night job. Jenny got pregnant by another guy that she claimed "showed her more attention"... because her boyfriend was busy working his way through school. Her boyfriend went and confronted the other guy... and the other guy was a loser... he pulled out a knife and stabbed Jenny's boyfriend. He died. His mother was so distraught... she was working nights too to help Jenny's boyfriend and his sister get through school. She ended up having to be committed to a psychiatric hospital... and died a couple years later. Jenny's boyfriend's sister had to drop out of school. She ended up working full time at local restaurant... but a guy robbed the place one night and shot her. She's now paralyzed from the waste down.

Sometimes... Title IX isn't as good to women as they think. But you know... if it helps you out... F everyone else.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    337?
    Works in all area codes.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Works in all area codes.
    He probably ain't old enough to know where you found that number

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He probably ain't old enough to know where you found that number
    Incorrect, sir.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Works in all area codes.
    ...but only if you're looking for a good time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3