Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Short List coaching search

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Short List coaching search

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Understand your concerns but look at the prior three coaches..... all had a lot less experience than him.
    Yvette's time was an era where only 3-4 SEC teams fielded or funded softball. You had Florida State and South Carolina on the east coast, some central teams (Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas & Texas A&M) and the west coast PAC 10 teams. It was a changing era when Yvette left for LSU and Stefni was selected as coach. BTW, it's also the underlying reason Yvette left for LSU. She wanted to remain as a nationally recognized program, and with a number of P5 schools beginning programs and willing to spend money to build them she knew she needed better funding to continue to go after national recruits. When she started there was no fast pitch in Louisiana (as well as a number of other southern states) and she was able to get west coast recruits to come here because there weren't that many high level D1 programs. She had just started being able to sign some Louisiana players (thanks to Stefni & Mike starting travel ball fast pitch programs which didn't exist before that) so she needed budget which the administration at that time wasn't willing to provide. We do provide more now, but it's still not enough to recruit on a national level. That's why our typical recruiting base is Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and a few from Oklahoma. My understanding is we had some very highly rated east coast and west coast recruits (PAC12 & SEC offers that chose us) lined up for the next 3 years but I don't know how that will play out with the coaching change. I'm hoping they stick with us. Sorry about the ramble.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Understand your concerns but look at the prior three coaches..... all had a lot less experience than him.
    First of all, IMO there were two hires. Mike came aboard as an assistant who evolved into co head coach.

More poignant point, softball has evolved into a much bigger sport than when Stefni was hired. Yes we could be that lucky again, but not likely. We'd better make a great hire, or we'll be spending about the same amount with a much smaller revenue base.

We need a winner who can relate to this fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    First of all, IMO there were two hires. Mike came aboard as an assistant who evolved into co head coach.

More poignant point, softball has evolved into a much bigger sport than when Stefni was hired. Yes we could be that lucky again, but not likely. We'd better make a great hire, or we'll be spending about the same amount with a much smaller revenue base.

We need a winner who can relate to this fan base.
    I'm all for losing most of the die-hard softball fan base most are loons

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Totally disagree about demeaning comments you've just posted. Still looney, or not the program needs all it's family.

Blog Entries

Well let me add this, Whittman resigned from Louisiana College job for family concerns. You can find the write up in the Alexandria Town Talk from 2015. While it the article does not elaborate on his family concerns, he has never coached above that level after winning 300 games. That in my opinion is a red flag. I don't see Whittman as anything better than the coach at LSU-E and if that is the route the proceed on, it certainly doesn't sound like they are serious about maintaining a nationally ranked program.

Now here is some news that might get you and others excited, in spite of my claims that Alyson Habetz would not be interested in the position, UL has been in contact with her and there is said to be some interest from her. Now I'm not saying she will be the next coach, only that they have contacted her and at least that shows they are making an attempt to look at a few quality coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Totally disagree about demeaning comments you've just posted. Still looney, or not the program needs all it's family.
    I will support the program after they filter the ME girls and ME fans .. I was in the stands when we were losing to ULM in the driving rain for football .. I was in the stands after JJ Thomas tried to destroy the Basketball team ..I was in the stands when baseball was an under. 500 team .. I WILL NOT SUPPORT A PROGRAM THAT DOES NOT RESPERT THE NAME ACROSS THE CHEST

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mike Candrea! Bring him home. He's from a New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Damn athletic administration is conducting a professional search and not leaking names. Can't even find out anything at Corner Bar... Crap
    Haha!

I want Louis Cook or Jake Delhomme!! 😂

Habetz is out. She decided to stay at Alabama

Les Stuedeman we need to go after her. One of the Winningest coach in Division II. 974-311 all time record. Think she is up 1016 wins now

http://www.uahchargers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=314

Jimmy Kolaitis asst.. coach Oregon Ducks, and Coached at South Alabama

http://www.goducks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1636&path=softball

UAH is basically a commuter school, its here to supply a large and ready workforce for the areas huge aerospace and tech jobs. The economy in Huntsville is on fire, town has a great quality of life index....and you can get live crawfish and a representative boudin in here as well...

I was bored so I started looking at different coaches. Here is one I find interesting...

Melissa Paul head coach of West Florida. She was 19-30 in 2015 which was her first year with program. In 2016 and 2017 she turned it around with 42-17 and 46-15 record. Also she was an assistant with Mizzou for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I was bored so I started looking at different coaches. Here is one I find interesting...

Melissa Paul head coach of West Florida. She was 19-30 in 2015 which was her first year with program. In 2016 and 2017 she turned it around with 42-17 and 46-15 record. Also she was an assistant with Mizzou for 5 years.
    She might be a up-and-comer she might be able to keep this program consistent. She is also young

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    She might be a up-and-comer she might be able to keep this program consistent. She is also young
    Before Missouri she was head coach at Marist. Didn't have great results early but did have a regional appearance in her final season.

How about Cat Osterman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Habetz is out. She decided to stay at Alabama
    Okay, well at least she considered it. I thought she wouldn't even discuss it, so on to the next. I still would like to see Stephanie Defeo contacted, another former UL All-American with a resume.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How about Cat Osterman?
    Season ticket sales among the male population in Lafayette would go through the roof lol

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How about Cat Osterman?
    My understanding that she is the coach in waiting at Texas for when Connie Clark retires. She is biding her time at Texas State until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Before Missouri she was head coach at Marist. Didn't have great results early but did have a regional appearance in her final season.
    Sorry... but if we bring in 1 more person from Mizzou...we won't be able to make fun of Ruston Tech fans anymore because of the inbreeding going on around here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast