Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Short List coaching search

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Softball Short List coaching search

    Who is on it and has the legal advertisement been listed?


  2. #2
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,581

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    I did speak 2 UL workers and they did say they knew who the new coach was going to be for Softball, but I now Know they're incorrect after talking with another athletic person now. This person said that it is not the athletic director and or the president of the University that got rid of Mike. The athletic department did not fire Mike Lotief this happened from the personnel department and the athletic department and all of its coaches are essentially taking the lick. Settle down and let this work it's self out, let those coaches kept with the program do their job and leave them alone let the girls play the game they love and leave them alone support the program support all our programs and let what is between Mike and the personnel department get worked out.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Two UL workers doing sprucing up work at Softball stadium said the Asistant Head Coach at UL that was from North Texas will be the new Head Coach. UL is WRONG for NOT using the DUE PROCESS SYSTEM and has without a DOUBT caused this situation to get out of control and UGLY. Dr. Savoie and Dr Maggard SHAME ON YOU TWO!!!!!
    Those 2 sound Like impeccable sources?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Two UL workers doing sprucing up work at Softball stadium said the Asistant Head Coach at UL that was from North Texas will be the new Head Coach. UL is WRONG for NOT using the DUE PROCESS SYSTEM and has without a DOUBT caused this situation to get out of control and UGLY. Dr. Savoie and Dr Maggard SHAME ON YOU TWO!!!!!
    Or maybe Mike allowed the situation to get out of control and ugly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    864

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Those 2 sound Like impeccable sources?
    Claro, ellos saben como nadie.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Or maybe Mike allowed the situation to get out of control and ugly.
    The only way Mike's situation could affect the coaching search, was if the would be candidate privately thought their methods were similar to Mike's

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The only way Mike's situation could affect the coaching search, was if the would be candidate privately thought their methods were similar to Mike's
    Commenting on the comment regarding the situation getting ugly. That comment was made about the general situation and not just coaching search.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Oh yea, well I heard Poo Poo Broussard has applied and is receiving some serious consideration for the position.


  9. #9
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    THE smartest thing to do IMO would be to name an intirim HC and go through a full search this offseason.


  10. #10
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,121
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Two UL workers doing sprucing up work at Softball stadium said the Asistant Head Coach at UL that was from North Texas will be the new Head Coach. UL is WRONG for NOT using the DUE PROCESS SYSTEM and has without a DOUBT caused this situation to get out of control and UGLY. Dr. Savoie and Dr Maggard SHAME ON YOU TWO!!!!!
    Those are the same two squirrels that told told me Romney was going to win the presidency. You can't listen to them!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    THE smartest thing to do IMO would be to name an intirim HC and go through a full search this offseason.
    Good Lord no! You don't want someone that is not qualified running a national program and trying to keep athletes on campus. Find your candidate and hire them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Two UL workers doing sprucing up work at Softball stadium said the Asistant Head Coach at UL that was from North Texas will be the new Head Coach. UL is WRONG for NOT using the DUE PROCESS SYSTEM and has without a DOUBT caused this situation to get out of control and UGLY. Dr. Savoie and Dr Maggard SHAME ON YOU TWO!!!!!
    If TJ Hubbard is your new coach, good luck with that! The guy left North Texas to come here because he was on his way out, he left here because he didn't want to put in the hours and then went to Kansas for one year. He was named HC at Utah Valley last year. If he is hired that tells me they are not really serious about maintaining a quality softball program.

  13. #13
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Those are the same two squirrels that told told me Romney was going to win the presidency. You can't listen to them!
    Ha ha , I hear you, I needed to go in and edit my post please reread it and just understand my source is good I just cannot reveal that source but please be patient and hope for the best in reference to all of UL Athletics and a great university

  14. #14
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If TJ Hubbard is your new coach, good luck with that! The guy left North Texas to come here because he was on his way out, he left here because he didn't want to put in the hours and then went to Kansas for one year. He was named HC at Utah Valley last year. If he is hired that tells me they are not really serious about maintaining a quality softball program.
    He is not. The two workers from UL are certainly misinformed, if you go back and re-read my post as I have Edited it. just hope for the best Cajun Nation.

  15. #15
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I did speak 2 UL workers and they did say they knew who the new coach was going to be for Softball, but I now Know they're incorrect after talking with another athletic person now. This person said that it is not the athletic director and or the president of the University that got rid of Mike. The athletic department did not fire Mike Lotief this happened from the personnel department and the athletic department and all of its coaches are essentially taking the lick. Settle down and let this work it's self out, let those coaches kept with the program do their job and leave them alone let the girls play the game they love and leave them alone support the program support all our programs and let what is between Mike and the personnel department get worked out.
    Once a formal complaint is filed it goes directly to the Human Resources Dept....period...at that point it's out of the AD'S hands...

  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,687

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Once a formal complaint is filed it goes directly to the Human Resources Dept....period...at that point it's out of the AD'S hands...
    .....Key words "formal complaint".....do we know for sure the people who filed and is it public record???

  17. #17
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,157

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    😣🔫


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Key words "formal complaint".....do we know for sure the people who filed and is it public record???
    I promise you if I read the accounts of the altercation with the female employee, and I did along with 99.9% of RP (you being the 0.1%), then it is formal and public record. I have no inside sources.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    14,058

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Key words "formal complaint".....do we know for sure the people who filed and is it public record???
    Yes, have you not read it yet?

    How have people not read it yet, but still make comments on the situation. It's a 100% closed door case.

    THE MAN PHYSICALLY AND VERBALLY ABUSED OTHERS!

  20. #20
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,687

    Default Re: Short List coaching search

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Yes, have you not read it yet?

    How have people not read it yet, but still make comments on the situation. It's a 100% closed door case.

    THE MAN PHYSICALLY AND VERBALLY ABUSED OTHERS!
    .....yea I kinda ADDDDEd out......I assumed the fait accompli of his being gone and it's irreversible presence......But I did think it was an intra department matter and not that of other parts of the university and that was the official channel!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •