Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,489
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    And alden hand selecting a mizzou guy who in turn brought another one of his coworkers to work in the athletic department.

    here's my thing, if they are the best person for the job, or they can excel at the job function, i have no problem if they were brought in through connections. if they are brought in solely bc of their relationship and perform at an average to below average rate, thats when i have a problem.
    There is no doubt Alden played a huge role in targeting Maggard. The decision to hire Yanko was entirely Maggards as he is allowed to hire some of his own team going forward. Having connections and the appearance of nepotism are entirely different matters, although I'm not prepared to say that person does not meet the qualifications for the job.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You highly doubt that I've spoken to check writers, but you've been able to talk to two? Hmmm... You must be special. All bow down to Mudspeth, whisperer of the check writers club.

    If TJoe Savoie, AT ANY POINT from here on out decides to fire our HC, the money will be in his hands. I don't care who you talked to.
    Well considering he is the guy with ALL the money in his hands that kind of f'n obvious isn't it? At ANY POINT T-Joe wants to fire hud, you won't know until he has the money in hand. At some point in our lifetime hud will be fired and you will be here telling everyone you told us so.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Well considering he is the guy with ALL the money in his hands that kind of f'n obvious isn't it? At ANY POINT T-Joe wants to fire hud, you won't know until he has the money in hand. At some point in our lifetime hud will be fired and you will be here telling everyone you told us so.
    Well that's impossible because you're way more specialer than me, so you'll know first. Especially with your check writer whispering capabilities. You win!

  4. #44
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,172
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Well considering he is the guy with ALL the money in his hands that kind of f'n obvious isn't it? At ANY POINT T-Joe wants to fire hud, you won't know until he has the money in hand. At some point in our lifetime hud will be fired and you will be here telling everyone you told us so.
    Relajarse, muchacho. Relajarse. It's all going to be ok. And if you're the first to say "TOLDJASO"... it's ok too. Relajarse, muchacho. It's Friday. Relajarse.

  5. #45
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,172
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well that's impossible because you're way more specialer than me, so you'll know first. Especially with your check writer whispering capabilities. You win!
    Stop it! Stop it now! You're going to wake up "GuyAroundCity"! You know how cranky your ugly twin can be!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Stop it! Stop it now! You're going to wake up "GuyAroundCity"! You know how cranky your ugly twin can be!
    I think my bro is on his way to Oxford to heckle everyone mercilessly... Will have a sign that says "'____ ma _____". Can't miss em.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well that's impossible because you're way more specialer than me, so you'll know first. Especially with your check writer whispering capabilities. You win!
    I️ did tell you farmer was getting let go, funny you were in the front with the biggest pitch fork and you weren't the first to know..considering all your inside connections and all. They must have left you off that email.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    After January 1st, his contract allows UL until the end of 2020 to buy him out in monthly installments, which would be around $500K per year. The fact that TJoe want's someone to buy him out upfront, instead of paying him off in installments has nothing to do with it being affordable. RCAF donations cover the rest of his salary that is above what the state allows. That money will still be there to hire another coach.So we are talking about $500K, which is damn affordable but TJoe doesn't like paying anyone for doing nothing. Which is why he transferred Farmer to another department.

    All this discussion about Hudspeth maybe mute at this point, especially if he finds a way to win 6 games and get back to another bowl game.
    Never said it's about being affordable. If they want to fire him, they will need the money upfront and that total amount is not completely secured.

  9. #49
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,172
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think my bro is on his way to Oxford to heckle everyone mercilessly... Will have a sign that says "'____ ma ______". Can't miss em.
    That's your brothers way of soliciting for favors. He's a bad seed. I should have told the nurse he was the placenta. The lighting wasn't all that good. You really couldn't tell.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Never said it's about being affordable. If they want to fire him, they will need the money upfront and that total amount is not completely secured.
    How short are they? I may be able to help. Had a good year. #BlessUp

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I️ did tell you farmer was getting let go, funny you were in the front with the biggest pitch fork and you weren't the first to know..considering all your inside connections and all. They must have left you off that email.
    I'm not about to argue with you over who knew what first (again, we've already established that you are more specialer, probably the most specialistest), but I was privy to Farmer being reassigned (not let go, because that's not what happned) around the same time that everyone else was, which was about a week prior. I did not get my info from you because you were not around at that time. Unless you are indeed CrazyCajun, in which case that may have been a possibility.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's your brothers way of soliciting for favors. He's a bad seed. I should have told the nurse he was the placenta. The lighting wasn't all that good. You really couldn't tell.
    Probably. Guy has limited game.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How short are they? I may be able to help. Had a good year. #BlessUp
    I figured you would know,Just check the p and l the athletic department sends you every week.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not about to argue with you over who knew what first (again, we've already established that you are more specialer, probably the most specialistest), but I was privy to Farmer being reassigned (not let go, because that's not what happned) around the same time that everyone else was, which was about a week prior. I did not get my info from you because you were not around at that time. Unless you are indeed CrazyCajun, in which case that may have been a possibility.
    Are you ManAboutTown? Is that how you introduce yourself to people?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,751

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Are you talking about Lotief or this past Presidential election?
    If you are putting me in charge of that too, then neither of the people who ran in the last election would be president now. But I'm not sure how that relates, in any possible way, to the situation we are discussing.

    What Lotief did gets you fired from any job in the private sector, and any position working with athletes at an institution with integrity.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,489
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Never said it's about being affordable. If they want to fire him, they will need the money upfront and that total amount is not completely secured.
    No, if they want to fire him they don't need the money upfront, TJOE wants the money upfront. There is a difference. But if Hudpseth doesn't finish the season with 2 more wins, Savoie is going to lose far more money on season ticket sales and RCAF donations. I understand those numbers will be presented to him at the end of the season.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Are you ManAboutTown? Is that how you introduce yourself to people?
    Well YEA. Is that weird?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, if they want to fire him they don't need the money upfront, TJOE wants the money upfront. There is a difference. But if Hudpseth doesn't finish the season with 2 more wins, Savoie is going to lose far more money on season ticket sales and RCAF donations. I understand those numbers will be presented to him at the end of the season.
    And what matters more than what T-Joe wants? That's whats going to happen so they need the money up front..because thats what T-Joe wants. Doesn't matter why, it's the situation. You know how many times something doesn't have to be done the way the boss wants but gets done exactly the way the boss wants? That's life. I️ think it will be moot becaus I️ think we find a way to get at least 2 more W'a

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,021

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Donde esta el dinero, muchacho?

    via GIPHY


  20. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I figured you would know,Just check the p and l the athletic department sends you every week.
    Great idea.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •