Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

UL Softball LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    This dude lives in a fantasy world.

Blog Entries

Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

Another reason not to buy that crap... Note to editor, GET FREAKING REAL MORON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I'm guessing they think stirring the pot gets them more clicks and sells papers...

The letter writer is a dope. But the person who allowed that to be splashed all over the place should be run out of town. A disagree. Nothing surprises me anymore with this jack leg media group.

A lot of his life invested into an institution he does not trust.
    But the head softball coach is his beacon of light. Head scratcher.

Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

#maggardworking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

#maggardworking
    absolutely !!

Blog Entries

#maggardworking
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.

He did his job! Ask Louisville basketball, and SMU Football what it's like when "allegation" hang around just a little too long.

Too many coaches with no allegations to have to put up with one that has too many.....and had the nerve to be an arse about it.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them!"

#maggardworking
    Said it before. The Ragin Cajun Athletic Department is a multi-million dollar business and needs to be run like one.

#Nomoremomandpopshop

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    Are you saying that you think that's what the admins are doing? Forgetting about Lotief? Just curious if I read wrong.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Said it before. The Ragin Cajun Athletic Department is a multi-million dollar business and needs to be run like one.

#Nomoremomandpopshop
    So that would mean no more nepotism in the athletic department?

Softball is not a big time sport will never be

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    So that would mean no more nepotism in the athletic department?
    Wait what???

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wait what???
    Like the university presidents god child being the Associate Athletic Director.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.

Michael Lotief won't be the first... and won't be the last... person that is great at something... but had issues surface that the employer is given few choices. If Mike were a contrite person... an employer might see a possible path of rehabilitation that would save his employment. The mannerisms I observe in Mike scream that he is unapproachable in that regard. It really is a tragedy.

Oh... and the thread subject article is garbage. The mullet that wrote this insists, "This community deserves an impartial, unconnected third-party investigation"... but slammed the truth dial all the way to one side by insisting UL apologize and give Lotief his job back. Hilariously, if not ignorantly, ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.
    The thing is, they don't believe any of the allegations. They are blindly believing everything Lotief tells them that equality and Title IX are the reason he was fired.

He was not fired because he was fighting for his program and his "kids." He was fired for HOW he went about that fight AND for putting his hands on a fellow employee. It's really very easy to understand, but these people are closing their eyes to the truth.

Do I believe everyone in the administration is squeaky clean? No, I don't, but ML left them NO choice but to fire him. Those people who don't see that need to take their heads out of the sand or whatever nether region they have them in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Softball is not a big time sport will never be
    A blueprint is not a house.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast