Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    14,058

    UL Softball LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    This dude lives in a fantasy world.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,860
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Another reason not to buy that crap... Note to editor, GET FREAKING REAL MORON!!!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I'm guessing they think stirring the pot gets them more clicks and sells papers...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,926

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    The letter writer is a dope. But the person who allowed that to be splashed all over the place should be run out of town. A disagree. Nothing surprises me anymore with this jack leg media group.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    A lot of his life invested into an institution he does not trust.
    But the head softball coach is his beacon of light. Head scratcher.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

    #maggardworking


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,860
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

    #maggardworking
    absolutely !!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

    #maggardworking
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,413

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    He did his job! Ask Louisville basketball, and SMU Football what it's like when "allegation" hang around just a little too long.

    Too many coaches with no allegations to have to put up with one that has too many.....and had the nerve to be an arse about it.

    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them!"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Welcome to the big time folks! In the past, this was the culture within UL sports. I like what the new administration is doing so far. NO ONE is bigger than the program! We are finally runming the program like a professional organization. Get on board!

    #maggardworking
    Said it before. The Ragin Cajun Athletic Department is a multi-million dollar business and needs to be run like one.

    #Nomoremomandpopshop

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    Are you saying that you think that's what the admins are doing? Forgetting about Lotief? Just curious if I read wrong.

  13. #13
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Said it before. The Ragin Cajun Athletic Department is a multi-million dollar business and needs to be run like one.

    #Nomoremomandpopshop
    So that would mean no more nepotism in the athletic department?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,131

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    Softball is not a big time sport will never be

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    So that would mean no more nepotism in the athletic department?
    Wait what???

  16. #16
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wait what???
    Like the university presidents god child being the Associate Athletic Director.

  17. #17
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,121
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.

    Michael Lotief won't be the first... and won't be the last... person that is great at something... but had issues surface that the employer is given few choices. If Mike were a contrite person... an employer might see a possible path of rehabilitation that would save his employment. The mannerisms I observe in Mike scream that he is unapproachable in that regard. It really is a tragedy.

    Oh... and the thread subject article is garbage. The mullet that wrote this insists, "This community deserves an impartial, unconnected third-party investigation"... but slammed the truth dial all the way to one side by insisting UL apologize and give Lotief his job back. Hilariously, if not ignorantly, ironic.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,201

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

    Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

    Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.
    The thing is, they don't believe any of the allegations. They are blindly believing everything Lotief tells them that equality and Title IX are the reason he was fired.

    He was not fired because he was fighting for his program and his "kids." He was fired for HOW he went about that fight AND for putting his hands on a fellow employee. It's really very easy to understand, but these people are closing their eyes to the truth.

    Do I believe everyone in the administration is squeaky clean? No, I don't, but ML left them NO choice but to fire him. Those people who don't see that need to take their heads out of the sand or whatever nether region they have them in.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,869
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Softball is not a big time sport will never be
    A blueprint is not a house.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •