Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lotief and title IX

Default Re: Lotief and title IX

Quote Originally Posted by smd06 View Post
    From what I have heard directly, the only reasons the players went in to the administration in the first place is because Mike was beginning to interfere with their future jobs because they chose not to be apart of his program any longer. He was trying to push one of the girls into staying for a fifth season as an assistant, and because of past circumstances and confrontations with him, she declined the offer. He continued to push until finally she had no choice but to tell the administration what had happened to her-giving them reason to allow her to complete her fifth year of schooling working with another source of the University other than softball. Only after this had happened did the other players voluntarily go to the administration to back up the first player's story. That is the involvement of the former players. Now, to have them take the blame for this entire situation is not right in my opinion. They stood up for their teammate, their friend, and told their truth. Are we really going to try to teach them and other little girls to come that behavior of this manner is acceptable and that they should be scared to speak out if they were being mistreated in any way? For everyone saying "where are they now?" or "why now?" I have seen the text messages and the Facebook posts that are being sent to these young women, some very threatening. It is disturbing. This is why they are fearful of speaking out and going public with their names.
    I have seen some of the same texts, which is why I've been here defending the hell out of those players and the University. It's a GD shame that more people are here claiming conspiracy or defending Mike than there are defending the girls that made the hardest choices in all of this crap.

For the record, I believe almost all of what this poster has claimed to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree
    MAT and Turbine agree on something. That's newsworthy

Sorry guys, but I gotta support the programs whether they are 55-10 or 0-55

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think you're Weinstein relationship is a bit of a stretch. In that case uou're talking about sexual predation and rape in a field where he controls you're ability to work for years into the future.
    Yeah...my views on this situation may be changing after reading some of the documents, but I'm not in any way going to compare Mike Lotief to that animal.

I was very quiet about this whole situation because I wanted to see how this would pan out. After reading the allegations and seeing the reaction of some softball supporters in calling this a "witch hunt," I see where their agenda lies; and it has nothing to do with the betterment of the program but only with Coach Mike. And it's sickening.

Let's take a look at a small fact here. We all know that T-Joe is a huge softball supporter. He and his wife go to a huge number of games during the season. Why would he all of a sudden fire the coach for no apparent reason? Someone explain this to me.

I will always appreciate what Coach Mike did for this program. But when you start poking co-workers, calling them "token hires" to their faces for being female, criticize our baseball coach by literally calling him a sexist, claim that higher ups in the university have "hate in their hearts;" how can you expect to keep your job? There's even claims that he threatened our former AD in T-Joe's office, and everyone TOOK HIS SIDE. And this is how he repays us?

Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I have seen some of the same texts, which is why I've been here defending the hell out of those players and the University. It's a GD shame that more people are here claiming conspiracy or defending Mike than there are defending the girls that made the hardest choices in all of this crap.

For the record, I believe almost all of what this poster has claimed to be accurate.
    I know of one former player from a couple of decades back who's name was listed on a facebook post supporting Mike. She said she in fact did not support Mike and knew a few others on that list who did not. When I spoke to her she wasn't going to ask the person to remove her because she felt like it would just make the whole situation worse. Bottom line is someone put a list of former players who were Lotief supporters on social media that included people who didn't want to be included on that list. Shouldn't surprise anyone but point is I know of multiple instances at this stage where persons both inside and outside of the program were manipulated into backing up Lotief or had their names used without permission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I know of one former player from a couple of decades back who's name was listed on a facebook post supporting Mike. She said she in fact did not support Mike and knew a few others on that list who did not. When I spoke to her she wasn't going to ask the person to remove her because she felt like it would just make the whole situation worse. Bottom line is someone put a list of former players who were Lotief supporters on social media that included people who didn't want to be included on that list. Shouldn't surprise anyone but point is I know of multiple instances at this stage where persons both inside and outside of the program were manipulated into backing up Lotief or had their names used without permission.
    Couple decades back?

When did Mike start at UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Couple decades back?

When did Mike start at UL?
    I did not say she was coached by Lotief. Like many former players she is close to the program. She did not agree with being listed as a Lotief supporter on social media. Is that clear?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I did not say she was coached by Lotief. Like many former players she is close to the program. She did not agree with being listed as a Lotief supporter on social media. Is that clear?
    Sorry, I took "former players" to be former players of Mike.

If their coach/player paths didnt cross I can totally see her point.

A lot of Yvette's players didn't support the Lotief's initially.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    After reading some of the communication he had with the administration I think coach genuinely believes what he says. I think he genuinely believes that everyone was always out to screw him and the program over.

Of course it doesn't mean he's right.

The good news is that the real truth should come out in time. A formal Title IX complaint has been filed and we will be able to see if his complaints are legit. But everything I've read about it tells me there's absolutely nothing there. He looks next door at what football gets and throws a fit. What he doesn't realize is that EVERY sport looks at football and throws a fit.

He was upset that the grass wasn't cut during the off-season while a recruit was visiting. Meanwhile, the soccer and track and field coaches sometimes have to cut their own grass WHILE THEY ARE IN-SEASON.

Is it right? I honestly don't know. But it sure as hell isn't a Title IX issue.
    Reading the documents, I got the impression that every time Mike felt like he didn't get his way, felt disrespected, or someone associated with the University wouldn't do what he wanted, he would scream, "discrimination", "equity", etc. I agree, it appeared he did believe what he was saying, but it was almost like his weapon to try to get something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    The man was a complete psycho to work with, did you read his text exchanges in the documents with other people? Why does everyone keep trying to justify how much being a complete manipulative, abusive and total pain in the f'n az is allowed? He got strung up on a shoulder poke because of the way he treated people. Karma is a m'fer. Mike did this to himself. I️ really hope for his sake that the medicine did this to him and he needs mental treatment because if that's really who he is, then I️ feel sorry for him and his family.
    A shoulder poke" ... might want to read it again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/145a...yJtX5-CjK/view

where are these text messages that people are talking about reading? I have not found them

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    where are these text messages that people are talking about reading? I have not found them
    If you are referring to the text messages that the former players are receiving in terms of retaliation, they are not publicized. I just have close ties with a few of them and have been shown what they have been receiving over the past month. They are very fearful of going public with all of this because of the retaliation they are receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    "A shoulder poke" ... might want to read it again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/145a...yJtX5-CjK/view
    My point is, if the guy was genuinely a good person and had a momentary lapse in judgement he probably doesn't get fired for it. Those 2 employees probably work it out and come to an understanding. If you are a f'n azhole to everyone all the Time, nobody is trying to work things out with you.

I was speaking of text messages mike had with others before all this happened. maybe one to maggard?

In another life I had a pile of employees in the US and scattered around the world. We employed all types of people from grunts to top-of-the-line technicians and engineers, and competed against the best the industry had to offer.

We went through all the roller coaster rides the oilfield could offer, constantly walking the line between having enough employees to cover the jobs and too many to meet the payroll.

Plenty of times I wanted to throw myself in front of traffic with the frustrations I felt, but never, ever, once, did I feel the need to yell at anyone, poke them, put my hands on them in anger, or otherwise intimidate them to get them to do their jobs properly.

It's not needed, it's uncalled for, it's illegal in most cases and it's something someone does because they lack the skills necessary to do the job they're trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Reading the documents, I got the impression that every time Mike felt like he didn't get his way, felt disrespected, or someone associated with the University wouldn't do what he wanted, he would scream, "discrimination", "equity", etc. I agree, it appeared he did believe what he was saying, but it was almost like his weapon to try to get something.
    This...he's a narcissist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smd06 View Post
    If you are referring to the text messages that the former players are receiving in terms of retaliation, they are not publicized. I just have close ties with a few of them and have been shown what they have been receiving over the past month. They are very fearful of going public with all of this because of the retaliation they are receiving.
    It's not surprising that they are being targeted by fellow athletes, this happens to anyone that comes forward with complaints against popular coaches in college athletics. Unfortunately some of these exchanges have been seen by others including myself, and after reading them it certainly didn't make either person look very good considering the content. In one specific exchange, one of the young women was accused of talking about her personal life in vivid detail in front of her teammates and had a reputation of doing so and was even given a nickname for her actions by her teammates. The young lady didn't deny this accusation, but she did say it doesn't change the allegations against Coach Lotief. While I agree with her that is doesn't change the facts on the ground, it also shows at times some of them were active participants in what is commonly known as Locker Room Talk. In my opinion, it's not any more appropriate in a female locker room than a male locker room. And I find it very hard to believe this person was traumatized by the discussion of the female anatomy.

In any case those twitter exchanges and facebook comments have been deleted and I hope it remains that way, the victims as you have stated should be protected. Both the victims and former teammates should stay away from such public discourse, it's not a good look for either.

If my daughter had been treated in the manner described in the threads here I would hope she could get a full release to play elsewhere immediately if that is what she wanted.Now I would tell her how many good times I had at LaFonda over the years but why would the administration impose the standard policy of not releasing harmed athletes to conference schools ,schools played and others?

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    If my daughter had been treated in the manner described in the threads here I would hope she could get a full release to play elsewhere immediately if that is what she wanted.Now I would tell her how many good times I had at LaFonda over the years but why would the administration impose the standard policy of not releasing harmed athletes to conference schools ,schools played and others?
    Because that's how everyone does it. Just smart business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast