_ _ _ _
Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

  1. #1741
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.

    Michael Lotief won't be the first... and won't be the last... person that is great at something... but had issues surface that the employer is given few choices. If Mike were a contrite person... an employer might see a possible path of rehabilitation that would save his employment. The mannerisms I observe in Mike scream that he is unapproachable in that regard. It really is a tragedy.

    Oh... and the thread subject article is garbage. The mullet that wrote this insists, "This community deserves an impartial, unconnected third-party investigation"... but slammed the truth dial all the way to one side by insisting UL apologize and give Lotief his job back. Hilariously, if not ignorantly, ironic.

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Coach, let's bury the hatchet....

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I realize y'all think I'm out of my mind here, but think about it.

    IF it is true that LL is the best thing we've had since Brian, and IF we go into Oxford and right a past wrong, how can we not get on board this train?
    I sure hope you are right.

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    There's nothing wrong with gathering more details before arriving at a final personal opinion... but regardless of what some clowns have said... to imply that our admin had no regard for Lotief's contribution to softball or his potential continuance of contributions to winning seasons... is unreasonable. In fact, being that they terminated him... absolutely knowing the slam they'd take from the fans, the athletes, the media, the legal issues, the Title IX investigation... makes it even clearer that the statements given regarding his behavior were simply too significant, too plentiful and too substantiated.
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

    Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.

  4. #1744
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Lotief and title IX

    Actually the letters of intent were signed and the signing dates are irrelevant.Teams invest a lot into recruiting also.The letter of intent is treated very seriously in most cases.I have seen released given also when coaches are fired.


  5. #1745
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    And this is where simple LOGIC goes out of the window with some of these people. Our President is a huge softball supporter who goes to many games each season. Why would he suddenly fire the winningest coach in our athletic program for no reason?

    Either these "loyalists" have never owned a business or they just don't care about rationality. If these allegations are ignored and were to happen again in a few years, the university is liable and could face multiple lawsuits. I don't know why those who are bashing the university on social media understand this. It's quite scary actually.
    The thing is, they don't believe any of the allegations. They are blindly believing everything Lotief tells them that equality and Title IX are the reason he was fired.

    He was not fired because he was fighting for his program and his "kids." He was fired for HOW he went about that fight AND for putting his hands on a fellow employee. It's really very easy to understand, but these people are closing their eyes to the truth.

    Do I believe everyone in the administration is squeaky clean? No, I don't, but ML left them NO choice but to fire him. Those people who don't see that need to take their heads out of the sand or whatever nether region they have them in.

  6. #1746
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,476
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Softball is not a big time sport will never be
    A blueprint is not a house.

  7. #1747
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,500

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    The thing is, they don't believe any of the allegations. They are blindly believing everything Lotief tells them that equality and Title IX are the reason he was fired.

    He was not fired because he was fighting for his program and his "kids." He was fired for HOW he went about that fight AND for putting his hands on a fellow employee. It's really very easy to understand, but these people are closing their eyes to the truth.

    Do I believe everyone in the administration is squeaky clean? No, I don't, but ML left them NO choice but to fire him. Those people who don't see that need to take their heads out of the sand or whatever nether region they have them in.
    I've summed this up for you guys many times over in one word: Cult.

  8. #1748
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    I think the general "fan" out there has no idea what has transpired. If you watched the facebook live of the press conference Lotief and his attorney held, the people commenting were maddening. You can tell they had NO idea that there were complaints and an investigation was conducted for a month or so and led to the findings. They simply went by what the newspaper printed and listened to Lotief's statement assuming that the university wanted to fire him because he was making some noise about being mistreated. Its just ignorance. Lotief has succeeded in some ways in getting some of the public opinion on his side. The university is limited to what it can say about the ordeal so unfortunately there is just a barrage of negative sentiment towards it with no response.


  9. #1749
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,401

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    If I was in charge, I would disband the program and replace it with something else, before I would hire back a coach who thinks it's ok to grab someones daughter by the hair, call her a _____, make light of rape, and berate fellow professionals in front of student athletes. I don't care how many football coaches have cursed at how many players since the 1800s. I don't care how the Marines prepare 18 year old boys and girls to face the horrors of war. No amount of winning softball games excuse his behavior. This letter is a misguided bunch of bull____, and that paper should be ashamed for disseminating it.


  10. #1750
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    If I was in charge, I would disband the program and replace it with something else, before I would hire back a coach who thinks it's ok to grab someones daughter by the hair, call her a _____, make light of rape, and berate fellow professionals in front of student athletes. I don't care how many football coaches have cursed at how many players since the 1800s. I don't care how the Marines prepare 18 year old boys and girls to face the horrors of war. No amount of winning softball games excuse his behavior. This letter is a misguided bunch of bull____, and that paper should be ashamed for disseminating it.
    Are you talking about Lotief or this past Presidential election?

  11. #1751
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,299

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not taking one side or the other but Coach Lotief's were a big reason for Cajun athletics getting to the "Big Time". Once you get to the "Big Time" do you forget the people (coaches) who made financial and personal sacrifices to get you there?

    Once again, I'm still torn on the allegations. Not taking one side or the other until more facts come out.
    Here is a fact. Lotief MF'ed a female coworker, while making physical contact with her for two hours. Where does that not get you fired on the spot, clean out your desk, security will escort you to your vehicle?

    If that letter is an example of the typical deductive reasonability of Lotief apologists, then they are actually strengthening the schools position. There is not one cogent thought to be found.

  12. #1752
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,660

    Default Re: Coach, let's bury the hatchet....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjun08 View Post
    I sure hope you are right.
    Frick it.

    Bring it Rebs.


  13. #1753
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,228

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Like the university presidents god child being the Associate Athletic Director.
    And alden hand selecting a mizzou guy who in turn brought another one of his coworkers to work in the athletic department.

    here's my thing, if they are the best person for the job, or they can excel at the job function, i have no problem if they were brought in through connections. if they are brought in solely bc of their relationship and perform at an average to below average rate, thats when i have a problem.

  14. #1754
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Maggard has done an exceptional job so far.

    The only thing he can faulted for in his short tenure here is NOT firing HUD immediately after the Monroe game.


  15. #1755
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    Maggard has done an exceptional job so far.

    The only thing he can faulted for in his short tenure here is NOT firing HUD immediately after the Monroe game.
    Assuming he has a $1.5 million check sitting in his desk.

  16. #1756
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,500

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Assuming he has a $1.5 million check sitting in his desk.
    He does.

  17. #1757
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He does.
    Until he doesn't, you aren't the only person
    Around here who knows ___. I know 2 of the people that were gonna write that check who no longer will. It's really easy to talk big until you gotta whip ya wallet out. I️ guess we will see but I️ think a lot of you will be very disappointed.

  18. #1758
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Are you talking about Lotief or this past Presidential election?
    Bill Clinton wasn't running... his criminal wife was. But he didn't make light of rape... he did it.

  19. #1759
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,500

    Default Re: LETTER TO THE EDITOR: UL owes Lotief apology, and his job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Until he doesn't, you aren't the only person
    Around here who knows ___. I know 2 of the people that were gonna write that check who no longer will. It's really easy to talk big until you gotta whip ya wallet out. I️ guess we will see but I️ think a lot of you will be very disappointed.
    Hostile much? Damn..

  20. #1760
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Hostile much? Damn..
    Not at all, you act like you know everything around here and you don't. People at this university talk..to everyone, not just you.

Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •