Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lotief and title IX

Default Lotief and title IX

The more I look into this situation one thing has become apparent and that is Coach Lotief uses title IX as an out. "Mike a complaint has been made by an assistant strength and conditioning coach that you insulted her while poking her with you finger." It appears like all these title IX complaints come up when they are looking into other allegations, like the ones of that coach and some of the players that came forward. In his press confrence he had pictures of his field in the fall and compared the grass length to that of the football practice field while they are in season. Trust me if you pass by the practice field in the spring it is groomed know where nearly as well as the softball field.

In this country we have some that play the race card every time something happens to them. Jerry B, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton to name a few and that just diminishes the awareness that should be brought to the real issues. Coach Mike is doing the same by bringing up title IX every time his behavior is in question. Coach if you really cared about this cause you would stop using it as your out to save your @$$.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lotief and title IX

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    The more I look into this situation one thing has become apparent and that is Coach Lotief uses title IX as an out. ...
    ...and I think he hurts his case in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ...and I think he hurts his case in this regard.
    These ex players that came forward to file a complaint against Coach Lotief, why now? Seems strange out of the blue they came forward. Did University seek them out or did they just come on their own accord. Especially when he got a very good review from the university this past summer. Am I misssing something?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    These ex players that came forward to file a complaint against Coach Lotief, why now? Seems strange out of the blue they came forward. Did University seek them out or did they just come on their own accord. Especially when he got a very good review from the university this past summer. Am I misssing something?
    Timing with the #metoo movement seems plausible.

Ever notice when allegations come out on someone how there's multiple claims at once? This is just more of the same. That incident with the strength and conditioning coach happened about a month or so ago.

Why has it taken this long to hear stuff about Harvey Weinstein?? Women are afraid to come out against abusers.

In at least one case that I am aware of the player waited until just after she graduated. She was apparently afraid to say anything while still on campus.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Why has it taken this long to hear stuff about Harvey Weinstein?? Women are afraid to come out against abusers.

In at least one case that I am aware of the player waited until just after she graduated. She was apparently afraid to say anything while still on campus.
    I think you're Weinstein relationship is a bit of a stretch. In that case uou're talking about sexual predation and rape in a field where he controls you're ability to work for years into the future.

Blog Entries

I see parallels between when coach Marlin suffered from an assistant who deemed himself a players coach and who seemingly incited certain players away from the program.

The crunchbunch timeline of complaints in writing wreaks of coordination and possible coercion.

The title IX diversion wreaks of allegation validation..

Very confusing situation.

I think as good of a hitting coach as he was, he was an even better mental manipulator. The letter from the transferred freshman last year summed it up best: You have to play along with his mental control, or you are in his doghouse and an 'as-good' replacement will step up and fill the role. They were conditioned mentally to think its okay and not threatened if they would buck it.

I see parallels between when coach Marlin suffered from an assistant who deemed himself a players coach and who seemingly incited certain players away from the program.

The crunchbunch timeline of complaints in writing wreaks of coordination and possible coercion.

The title IX diversion wreaks of allegation validation..

Very confusing situation.
    It's not confusing at all.. To you, maybe.. Seems like thinking isn't your strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    The more I look into this situation one thing has become apparent and that is Coach Lotief uses title IX as an out. "Mike a complaint has been made by an assistant strength and conditioning coach that you insulted her while poking her with you finger." It appears like all these title IX complaints come up when they are looking into other allegations, like the ones of that coach and some of the players that came forward. In his press confrence he had pictures of his field in the fall and compared the grass length to that of the football practice field while they are in season. Trust me if you pass by the practice field in the spring it is groomed know where nearly as well as the softball field.

In this country we have some that play the race card every time something happens to them. Jerry B, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton to name a few and that just diminishes the awareness that should be brought to the real issues. Coach Mike is doing the same by bringing up title IX every time his behavior is in question. Coach if you really cared about this cause you would stop using it as your out to save your @$$.
    After reading some of the communication he had with the administration I think coach genuinely believes what he says. I think he genuinely believes that everyone was always out to screw him and the program over.

Of course it doesn't mean he's right.

The good news is that the real truth should come out in time. A formal Title IX complaint has been filed and we will be able to see if his complaints are legit. But everything I've read about it tells me there's absolutely nothing there. He looks next door at what football gets and throws a fit. What he doesn't realize is that EVERY sport looks at football and throws a fit.

He was upset that the grass wasn't cut during the off-season while a recruit was visiting. Meanwhile, the soccer and track and field coaches sometimes have to cut their own grass WHILE THEY ARE IN-SEASON.

Is it right? I honestly don't know. But it sure as hell isn't a Title IX issue.

I have heard straight from the players' mouthes that they were fearful of retaliation from Mike himself as well as their former teammates, which is exactly what is happening to them right now. They are receiving threats from former players and "fans" in the public. These young women are very fearful right now and I for one do not agree with how this is playing out. It seems as though the University used them as an out, and then left them high and dry without protection or a way to tell their entire truth.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    I think as good of a hitting coach as he was, he was an even better mental manipulator. The letter from the transferred freshman last year summed it up best: You have to play along with his mental control, or you are in his doghouse and an 'as-good' replacement will step up and fill the role. They were conditioned mentally to think its okay and not threatened if they would buck it.
    I have a question about manipulation. A coach watches players performing at practice and works to correct issues they see in the performance. The athlete can't (or won't) make the corrections requested and falls behind others who do so. The athlete is now in the "dog house" with the coach. Is this mental manipulation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's not confusing at all.. To you, maybe.. Seems like thinking isn't your strong suit.
    You find clarity with the title IX diversion defense?

Quote Originally Posted by smd06 View Post
    I have heard straight from the players' mouthes that they were fearful of retaliation from Mike himself as well as their former teammates, which is exactly what is happening to them right now. They are receiving threats from former players and "fans" in the public. These young women are very fearful right now and I for one do not agree with how this is playing out. It seems as though the University used them as an out, and then left them high and dry without protection or a way to tell their entire truth.
    How did the university use them as an out?

You find clarity with the title IX diversion defense?
    The Title IX stuff is clearly a deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I have a question about manipulation. A coach watches players performing at practice and works to correct issues they see in the performance. The athlete can't (or won't) make the corrections requested and falls behind others who do so. The athlete is now in the "dog house" with the coach. Is this mental manipulation?
    Nope, it's consequence for either not working hard enough or not being better than the person in front of you. It's competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The man was a complete psycho to work with, did you read his text exchanges in the documents with other people? Why does everyone keep trying to justify how much being a complete manipulative, abusive and total pain in the f'n az is allowed? He got strung up on a shoulder poke because of the way he treated people. Karma is a m'fer. Mike did this to himself. I️ really hope for his sake that the medicine did this to him and he needs mental treatment because if that's really who he is, then I️ feel sorry for him and his family.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The Title IX stuff is clearly a deflection.
    I agree

From what I have heard directly, the only reasons the players went in to the administration in the first place is because Mike was beginning to interfere with their future jobs because they chose not to be apart of his program any longer. He was trying to push one of the girls into staying for a fifth season as an assistant, and because of past circumstances and confrontations with him, she declined the offer. He continued to push until finally she had no choice but to tell the administration what had happened to her-giving them reason to allow her to complete her fifth year of schooling working with another source of the University other than softball. Only after this had happened did the other players voluntarily go to the administration to back up the first player's story. That is the involvement of the former players. Now, to have them take the blame for this entire situation is not right in my opinion. They stood up for their teammate, their friend, and told their truth. Are we really going to try to teach them and other little girls to come that behavior of this manner is acceptable and that they should be scared to speak out if they were being mistreated in any way? For everyone saying "where are they now?" or "why now?" I have seen the text messages and the Facebook posts that are being sent to these young women, some very threatening. It is disturbing. This is why they are fearful of speaking out and going public with their names.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast