Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Refund for softball season tickets

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by smd06 View Post
    You do not understand what these women went through. None of us do. If what they're claiming is in fact true, it is probably close to impossible to make a complaint without facing repercussions from their coach. I have heard that he used to "dare" them to turn him in for breaking the rules. It is time to stop victimizing the man who actually did the harm, while painting the former players as the enemy. This was never their intention. I just do not see where ADULTS can continue to attack these players.
    Never have I attacked players. What I've struggled with is players from his earliest years to current backing him. Maybe what was considered hard coaching in the past no longer exists, or maybe Mike became more overbearing as years went on. Either way it's a bad situation as no one wins in this situation (those abused, current players and former players who back Mike, all of the Cajun softball fans, the reputation of the university, or Mike). No winners.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Never have I attacked players. What I've struggled with is players from his earliest years to current backing him. Maybe what was considered hard coaching in the past no longer exists, or maybe Mike became more overbearing as years went on. Either way it's a bad situation as no one wins in this situation (those abused, current players and former players who back Mike, all of the Cajun softball fans, the reputation of the university, or Mike). No winners.
    I respectfully disagree CajunAmos.

While it feels like there are no winners now, because all of this mess has been exposed for all to see, I believe that in the long run we'll be a better, more professional athletics program because no one wants to see any of this repeated. As I've stated elsewhere, there's simply no valid reason anyone can give for a professional to act in this manner and I expect that our coaches, all of them, will be held to a higher ethical standard from here forward in how they interact with staff and athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The "company" hasn't changed anything but the "CEO". In some cases, its actually a benefit to the "company". This stupid thread shows that too many people are fans of a coach, not the program. Shows that some of you value winning over the equity that you constantly cry about.

This is not a company selling a product. It's a program representing all of us, and it relies on the support of it's supporters. Funny how that definition changes so quickly.
    It amazes me how you and others like to lecture softball fans but are speechless when fans don't support football because of HUD. They pulled their support not because of the team but because of the coach. But when want to pull our support because of the coach we are no longer fans of the University we are fans of the coach give me a break with the non-sense. I paid good money to support a championship team if you give me a bs team I should be entitled to a refund if I so choose. If the current players play and tank the season I'm ok I paid to see them play.The product you sold me is not what you are delivering to my door. They knew they were going to fire Mike why wait until after the ticket deadline that the $5000 question. I would have still donated that money to the school but to the water ski team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    It amazes me how you and others like to lecture softball fans but are speechless when fans don't support football because of HUD. They pulled their support not because of the team but because of the coach. But when want to pull our support because of the coach we are no longer fans of the University we are fans of the coach give me a break with the non-sense. I paid good money to support a championship team if you give me a bs team I should be entitled to a refund if I so choose. If the current players play and tank the season I'm ok I paid to see them play.The product you sold me is not what you are delivering to my door. They knew they were going to fire Mike why wait until after the ticket deadline that the $5000 question. I would have still donated that money to the school but to the water ski team.
    1) Where did I lecture UL softball fans?
    2) Calling this team "a bs" team is offensive to me and anyone who coaches, plays or truly supports the program.
    3) Comparing what's going on in football to what's happened here is crazy talk and shows just how far you cultists are willing to go to deflect.

And oh btw, give this jackass his money back and send him on his way as well.. We don't need these kinds of "fans"..

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    The university has an obligation to provide a safe environment for its employees and students.

The university determined that having coach Lotief in his position was not a safe environment for its employees and students.

The only action the university took was to relieve coach Lotief of his duties.

Replacing coaches is standard operating procedure for any athletic program when it is called for by the situation.

Replacing a coach does not constitute an action that any serious person would consider grounds for a refund.
    I'm thinking that the first comment in this was about the timing of the firing falling right after ticket renewal deadline. The coaches tenure was in high jepordy for the entire month before the axe fell. Anyone buying tickets expecting Loteif had ample time to consider he'd be gone. So I'm pretty sure that the university didn't time thigs that way.

Before dismissing the softball team as a dumpster fire, how about waiting to see who will be our new coach, which players transfer and which don't, or actually waiting to see how they perform on the field? Everyone has a right to vote with their dollars, but I'd say wait a season or two to see what we field. The new coach might win the national championship for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Before dismissing the softball team as a dumpster fire, how about waiting to see who will be our new coach, which players transfer and which don't, or actually waiting to see how they perform on the field? Everyone has a right to vote with their dollars, but I'd say wait a season or two to see what we field. The new coach might win the national championship for us.
    Because it's not about the softball team with these people. It's about them. It's about the selfish twats that want to be able to say the team THEY follow are champions. Mike represented that hope and now they feel like it's gone and no one else can do what Mike did.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Because it's not about the softball team with these people. It's about them. It's about the selfish twats that want to be able to say the team THEY follow are champions. Mike represented that hope and now they feel like it's gone and no one else can do what Mike did.
    Even if no one but Mike can do it, UL is better off without him. We must not tolerate coaches who abuse their players or co workers.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Even if no one but Mike can do it, UL is better off without him. We must not tolerate coaches who abuse their players or co workers.
    Without question.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Some of you people are ignorant. We survived when Yvette left. We will survive after a justified firing as well.

OMG....9, NINE PAGES....what have we come to?????

Dude abused players, thank god he is gone! Let's enjoy some softball! I'm hoping most of the players stay and prove to the former coach that they are better off without him. He was actually holding them back with his abuse. Maybe we can go win some games in Oklahoma in June now.

This team is the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns softball team!!!!!
    Go watch them and support THE TEAM!!!

/rant

What is the time frame for UL hiring another coach??

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    What's the latest on the coaching search for all of you in the know??

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I've heard we would like to make this happen within 30 days.

You are entitled to nothing.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9