Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 200

Thread: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    14,058

    UL Basketball MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns open the 2017-18 season in Oxford, MS against Ole Miss at 7PM CST on SECN+.

    Live Video: http://www.espn.com/watch/?gameId=400987151
    Live Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broad...0&vislive=ulaf
    Live Audio: http://1079ishot.com/listen-live/popup/

    #GeauxCajuns #WeAreLouisiana


  2. #2
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,885

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Good time for Bob to have a competitive game and even a win.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,131

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Hopefully we can clean up some of the mistakes from last Thursday


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,926

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    If we win this game, regardless of what it actually means going forward, people will get excited about basketball.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If we win this game, regardless of what it actually means going forward, people will get excited about basketball.
    We should have a nice Cajun crowd at the game. I'll be there. Can't wait.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,131

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If we win this game, regardless of what it actually means going forward, people will get excited about basketball.
    Its a very winable game ole miss wont be too good this year

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Slidell
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    When do we get word on Jerikus Davis's status?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,926

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    When do we get word on Jerikus Davis's status?
    This is nothing official but I don't expect him to be available this week.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,797

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Good time for Bob to have a competitive game and even a win.
    Competitive?

    We ain't no D II school.

    Win the *&@$!! game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Slidell
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is nothing official but I don't expect him to be available this week.
    This week or this semester?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,926

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    This week or this semester?
    Oh no, I think he'll be playing soon, just not sure it's right now.

  12. #12
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Competitive?

    We ain't no D II school.

    Win the *&@$!! game.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

  13. #13
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,205

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    I hope you will be mad if we don't. I don't want to hear any excuses. Bigfish's teams underperform badly on the road against top 200 teams. (13-52 for his tenure at UL, 2-22 vs top 100)

    Ole Miss was 75 last year.

    Like the stock market, past results do not necessarily reflect future performance; but they are a pretty reliable indicator.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I hope you will be mad if we don't. I don't want to hear any excuses. Bigfish's teams underperform badly on the road against top 200 teams. (13-52 for his tenure at UL, 2-22 vs top 100)

    Ole Miss was 75 last year.

    Like the stock market, past results do not necessarily reflect future performance; but they are a pretty reliable indicator.
    I hate to be the negative Nellie around here but I think our past history against these types of teams tells a story. I could see this game being very competitive for 35-36 minutes, possibly with us even holding the lead for a while but Ole Miss going on some 12-0 run or something like that to end the game and win in double digits. As a matter of fact, I think our previous game there went like that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    For anyone interested Assist coach Kevin Johnson will start today his weekly segment on ESPN1420's Different-Notes show 10-11am

    call in (337) 261-1077 or post a question in here


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I hate to be the negative Nellie around here but I think our past history against these types of teams tells a story. I could see this game being very competitive for 35-36 minutes, possibly with us even holding the lead for a while but Ole Miss going on some 12-0 run or something like that to end the game and win in double digits. As a matter of fact, I think our previous game there went like that.
    I also am expecting that this game will go that way, but didn't we beat Moo State some years back early in the season in a similar situation? Seems we have as good an opportunity as we've seen in a while. We shall see.

    It would be nice to talk about something other than the dumpster fire football team and the ML mess.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    in the event anyone wished to hear

    https://soundcloud.com/user-27692190...ifferent-notes


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    14,058

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    SEC Network will have Iowa St at Missouri.
    Our game is on SEC Network +, which is online only. WatchESPN is your friend here.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    SEC Network will have Iowa St at Missouri.
    Our game is on SEC Network +, which is online only. WatchESPN is your friend here.
    Wonder who made that crazy decision

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

    I know history gives insight to the future, but f'em, beat them up and down the court for 40 minutes, bring the fight to them, drain a three with them in your face and stare him down. Let them know they don't stand a chance


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •