Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Nunez is out for today's game.
    What reason was given? He has cleared the concussion protocol.

  2. #22
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What reason was given? He has cleared the concussion protocol.
    I heard the opposite.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,239

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes.
    What? Didn't Hud just say in the media this week that he is NOT burning the redshirt?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,239

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Do you think Levi wants to play or nah?

    We have 2 hurt QBs. We can say ____ it and concede the rest of the season playing Ray and Arceneaux, or we can play the best guy on the roster.
    Correct

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What? Didn't Hud just say in the media this week that he is NOT burning the redshirt?
    Yes he did. Apparently he's claiming Nunez has not passed concussion protocol as well, which I know to be patently false.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,239

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Well, maybe this will spark the offense again. Can't get much worse than last game. Seriously. Anything is better than that garbage.
    I may be one of the few that agree with you but I just don't see the issue with pulling the redshirt. I understand people's concerns but you know what, are we supposed to have a team that just concedes the season this early and tanks it for the rest of the year? I have no idea what is going on in the QB depth chart but if this kid gives you the best chance to win, so be it. There is nothing guaranteeing he will even be a starter in 3-4 years. There are so many things that can pop up and affect his career from now to then that I don't think that saving him now guarantees anything in the future. However, this could be a decision that really pushes Hud against the wall if he doesn't handle it right. You can bet on one thing though, they are going to stack the box and dare us to throw. We had better get this kid out of the pocket and get him mobile to make some easier throws to the outside. He will hit the turf all game if we don't

  7. #27
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I just hope Levi dont killed behind our offensive line....
    Don't worry... Hud called up a former UL coach to visit the OL this week and call them p___s and yank their hair if they don't like it... to make them champions. He's also going to show them how to tie a noose in Hud's infamous rope... in case they get depressed.

    Too soon?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,239

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Don't worry... Hud called up a former UL coach to visit the OL this week and call them p___s and yank their hair if they don't like it... to make them champions. He's also going to show them how to tie a noose in Hud's infamous rope... in case they get depressed.

    Too soon?
    The noose thing was a little harsh

  9. #29
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What? Didn't Hud just say in the media this week that he is NOT burning the redshirt?
    Wabbit season.....duck season....Wabbit season ....duck season....

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Don't worry... Hud called up a former UL coach to visit the OL this week and call them p___s and yank their hair if they don't like it... to make them champions. ...

    Too soon?
    Who is the former coach? Sounds tough.

    I hope he doesn't make them cry, you know some will cry if they get caught in a stare down.

    It's hard to block with water in your eyes. That's why they don't play football during hurricanes any more

    ps monsoon not toosoon.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Do you think Levi wants to play or nah?

    We have 2 hurt QBs. We can say ____ it and concede the rest of the season playing Ray and Arceneaux, or we can play the best guy on the roster.
    I don't buy what Hud is selling about both QB's being hurt after 16 days off.
    Of course he wants to play. If he is so good, then why didn't he play game 1? You telling me he's NOW better than 2 upperclassmen with game experience this year, but he wasn't 6 weeks ago? This just reeks of desperation. It makes me sad.

    ETA: I hope Levi is the 2nd coming of Mike Vick. Geaux Cajuns!

  12. #32
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I may be one of the few that agree with you but I just don't see the issue with pulling the redshirt. I understand people's concerns but you know what, are we supposed to have a team that just concedes the season this early and tanks it for the rest of the year? I have no idea what is going on in the QB depth chart but if this kid gives you the best chance to win, so be it. There is nothing guaranteeing he will even be a starter in 3-4 years. There are so many things that can pop up and affect his career from now to then that I don't think that saving him now guarantees anything in the future. However, this could be a decision that really pushes Hud against the wall if he doesn't handle it right. You can bet on one thing though, they are going to stack the box and dare us to throw. We had better get this kid out of the pocket and get him mobile to make some easier throws to the outside. He will hit the turf all game if we don't
    I tend to agree. The only reason we're upset about pulling Levi's redshirt is that it's Hud doing it. I know Hud is desperate. But it's his perogative to pull any player he wants redshirt. And as I've stated, it puts Levi in a great position to compete for the #1 spot for the remainder of his career.

    Those that worry Levi is getting exposed to injury or failure behind a bad OL, need to realize that he isn't guaranteed of a better one next year or the year thereafter. He is a Hud prototype QB. If he's been readied for action... let's see it.

    I'm not defending Hud's decisions. But this is his show. He is required to do whatever within his HC rights to get his team wins.

  13. #33
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The noose thing was a little harsh
    If I were her dad, you wouldn't believe how "harsh" I'd be.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I tend to agree. The only reason we're upset about pulling Levi's redshirt is that it's Hud doing it. I know Hud is desperate. But it's his perogative to pull any player he wants redshirt. And as I've stated, it puts Levi in a great position to compete for the #1 spot for the remainder of his career.

    Those that worry Levi is getting exposed to injury or failure behind a bad OL, need to realize that he isn't guaranteed of a better one next year or the year thereafter. He is a Hud prototype QB. If he's been readied for action... let's see it.

    I'm not defending Hud's decisions. But this is his show. He is required to do whatever within his HC rights to get his team wins.
    I fully expect Levi to succeed. I think he'll play well today in fact. The word is, he knows the playbook back and front, better than any QB on the roster.

    I think he will make the team better, but I disagree with the timing. I don't think anything of note can be accomplished this season after the way it started. JMO.

  15. #35
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,971

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    At the QB Club on Thursday, Coach Hudspeth said pulling the redshirt was being considered but no decision had been made. He also said he would prefer that the possibility not be discussed on social media. I am sure that was because he did not want South Alabama to know of the possibility. He also said Nunez was not making the trip because of the concussion protocol. Perhaps he passed the test later on the day Thursday. Here are 2 major reasons this is likely to happen. A) The kid has asked to play and has been very passionate in his request. B) He plans to graduate in 3 1/2 years as he was able to bring in 18 college hours from his HS days. He apparently is an outstanding student. That bodes well for him in the mental side of the game.

    I was very much against the redshirt being pulled until I found out Item "B" above. That changes my view completely. If the kid won't even be here in Year 5, holding him out further makes no sense. In fact, the thing I am more upset about now is that he was not used earlier. I understand Nunez was doing OK until the game at Arkansas State. However he did not light up the scoreboard against either Idaho or Texas State. For those who are still critical of the move, go back to Item B above. What is the point of not playing him if he won't be here for Year 5?


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Pulling the red shirt on Levi is simultaneously pulling the plug on Davis, Nunez, and the ability to recruit a quality QB this off season, behind Levi. And that's if he is successful.

    My post does not address the travesty if Levi is unsuccessful.


  17. #37
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I fully expect Levi to succeed. I think he'll play well today in fact. The word is, he knows the playbook back and front, better than any QB on the roster.

    I think he will make the team better, but I disagree with the timing. I don't think anything of note can be accomplished this season after the way it started. JMO.
    I understand your position. But if you're Hud, you cannot abandon the season at this point. In theory, we are still in the hunt for a winning season and a bowl bid. If this doesn't work out for Levi in the long haul, that would stink. But I can't seriously blame Hud for the move. Of course, we'll see if it has enough of a benefit to resurrect the season.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    At the QB Club on Thursday, Coach Hudspeth said pulling the redshirt was being considered but no decision had been made. He also said he would prefer that the possibility not be discussed on social media. I am sure that was because he did not want South Alabama to know of the possibility. He also said Nunez was not making the trip because of the concussion protocol. Perhaps he passed the test later on the day Thursday. Here are 2 major reasons this is likely to happen. A) The kid has asked to play and has been very passionate in his request. B) He plans to graduate in 3 1/2 years as he was able to bring in 18 college hours from his HS days. He apparently is an outstanding student. That bodes well for him in the mental side of the game.

    I was very much against the redshirt being pulled until I found out Item "B" above. That changes my view completely. If the kid won't even be here in Year 5, holding him out further makes no sense. In fact, the thing I am more upset about now is that he was not used earlier. I understand Nunez was doing OK until the game at Arkansas State. However he did not light up the scoreboard against either Idaho or Texas State. For those who are still critical of the move, go back to Item B above. What is the point of not playing him if he won't be here for Year 5?
    The decision to pull the shirt was made last week, Mike.
    Here's the deal, what does it mean when you guys say "he won't be here"?
    Where's he going? The NFL? Quitting?
    Had he RS, he would be here. I don't understand that argument at all.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,958

    Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajuns are "gonna surprise a lot of people"

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I understand your position. But if you're Hud, you cannot abandon the season at this point. In theory, we are still in the hunt for a winning season and a bowl bid. If this doesn't work out for Levi in the long haul, that would stink. But I can't seriously blame Hud for the move. Of course, we'll see if it has enough of a benefit to resurrect the season.
    Yes on all of the above. If I'm Hud, you have to do it, if the kid is really that good and that knowledgeable. From the fan, long term, "I'll be here way past Hud" perspective, it's maddening.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Don't worry... Hud called up a former UL coach to visit the OL this week and call them p___s and yank their hair if they don't like it... to make them champions. He's also going to show them how to tie a noose in Hud's infamous rope... in case they get depressed.

    Too soon?
    Life comes at you fast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •