_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I Support UL Softball

Default Re: I Support UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I bought my Chairback season tickets Tuesday. A Childhood friend and fellow Vet moved and renewed his 2 seats also today!
    I don't know you but your last couple of post on various threads have impressed me. Myself and three other Vet have moved into chairbacks also and we are excited for the season to start. I must say no matter how we feel about the previous coach we are Cajun fans and support the new staff and team. GEUAX CAJUNS

I renewed my chair backs as well. I'm kinda hoping the guy that always sits in my seats didn't renew though. For whatever reason he claims my seats every game.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Texxcane View Post
    why would anybody support Lotief, he prolly ruined as many careers as he helped.This program will be much better off without Lotief, his brainwashing finally caught up. It is a wonder the school is not being sued by numerous party's, and they may be for all we know
    The change has already been made, and we appear to have some positives going forward which I'm really looking forward to watching, but even detractors have to admit we were never in the top 100 of recruiting in the country but consistently performed that way. That didn't happen by magic. I'd appreciate your listing the folks you think who's career's were ruined.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So I love Cajun softball, and attend when possible. It's too expensive to have good seats and not attend. But I'm in NOLA metro.

Having said all that, I'd challenge your take that we're regularly not in top 100 recruiting. I've no numbers to back me up, but that's crazy. There's only about 65 P5 conference teams, and we absolutely get better prospects than half of them, and who in the non P5 gets better prospects than us. Yes we outperform talent on paper. Our paper talent is great.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So I love Cajun softball, and attend when possible. It's too expensive to have good seats and not attend. But I'm in NOLA metro.

Having said all that, I'd challenge your take that we're regularly not in top 100 recruiting. I've no numbers to back me up, but that's crazy. There's only about 65 P5 conference teams, and we absolutely get better prospects than half of them, and who in the non P5 gets better prospects than us. Yes we outperform talent on paper. Our paper talent is great.
    I'm referencing the softball recruiting sites. We've had very few top 100 players over the last 15-20 years. We have had some transfer in to the Cajuns (Becky McMurtry (2002), Alissa Dalton (2018)) and a few who were top 100 when signed (Ashley Brignac, Gabbie Bridges, Sara Corbello) but most were offered by few or no P5 schools. Some may remember more than I do but this is what I remember. I am getting old though.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't follow softball recruiting sites. I'm just telling you that no way in hell are a hundred teams coaches happier with their signed prospects than our coaches have been. I'm telling you I believe half the P5 coaches would switch their signed prospects to the one Loteif signed every year. That's what I believe and no recruiting site guru can convince me otherwise. And yes he's a better coach than most as well.

I'm tickled pink with Glasco. He absolutely jumped on those under recruited softball players because he knows firsthand how frighteningly good they've been.

I don't follow softball recruiting sites. I'm just telling you that no way in hell are a hundred teams coaches happier with their signed prospects than our coaches have been. I'm telling you I believe half the P5 coaches would switch their signed prospects to the one Loteif signed every year. That's what I believe and no recruiting site guru can convince me otherwise. And yes he's a better coach than most as well.

I'm tickled pink with Glasco. He absolutely jumped on those under recruited softball players because he knows firsthand how frighteningly good they've been.
    Could be why we never make it past the 2nd round in OKC talent gap finally catches up to us

UL Softball Re: I Support UL Softball

That's about twelve teams and matchups not a hundred.

How many people thought LSU at Missouri was a better WCWS track than ours.

I think he is talking about us not having many top 100 RECRUITS in our recruiting classes but you are taking that to mean our recruiting CLASSES are not in the top 100. Semantics.

I'm pretty sure you would both agree that our recruiting classes as a whole are well within the top 100.

Often what I wrote isn't what I meant because I'm pecking instead of typing. Maybe you're right, but the post I answered was pretty clear, we're not in the top 100, not that we're not getting many top 100 players. Agreed he did clearify in his rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I think he is talking about us not having many top 100 RECRUITS in our recruiting classes but you are taking that to mean our recruiting CLASSES are not in the top 100. Semantics.

I'm pretty sure you would both agree that our recruiting classes as a whole are well within the top 100.
    Here's what I'm referencing. They are mostly derived from the players success in the extensive travel ball system, and most are from the states with extensive fast pitch history and population. For years it was California and everyone else, and now Arizona, Texas, and Florida are all heavy players. Look at the rosters or Oklahoma, Michigan, and even SEC schools and you'll see California players in all their lineups.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying the ladies are not talented or have a higher ceiling, but rankings are based on their ability at the time of their projected classes.

Top 2019 College Recruiting Classes
    https://www.flosoftball.com/articles...uiting-classes

Top 2018 College Recruiting Classes

Top 2017 College Recruiting Classes

So let's get this straight. I noticed in different years UTA, and LTU with better talent according to these sites than UL. I'm not buying those newsletters. And I get what you're saying, I'm just not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Here's what I'm referencing. They are mostly derived from the players success in the extensive travel ball system, and most are from the states with extensive fast pitch history and population. For years it was California and everyone else, and now Arizona, Texas, and Florida are all heavy players. Look at the rosters or Oklahoma, Michigan, and even SEC schools and you'll see California players in all their lineups.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying the ladies are not talented or have a higher ceiling, but rankings are based on their ability at the time of their projected classes.

Top 2019 College Recruiting Classes

Top 2018 College Recruiting Classes

Top 2017 College Recruiting Classes
    I see where you are getting your data, but if that ranking is the most authoritative in college softball, then it's a sad state of affairs. That ranking is a farce.

Their rankings are based on the number of the websites top 100 rated players they are signing. We don't sign their top 100 players. Keep in mind many of our All-Americans over the last 15 years had little or no top 50 school offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Texxcane View Post
    why would anybody support Lotief, he prolly ruined as many careers as he helped.This program will be much better off without Lotief, his brainwashing finally caught up. It is a wonder the school is not being sued by numerous party's, and they may be for all we know
    So your daughter is going to file a suit? Be sure in your 2nd post to list the jurisdiction that she files in so I can get a copy and read the pleadings in the suit.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Their rankings are based on the number of the websites top 100 rated players they are signing. We don't sign their top 100 players. Keep in mind many of our All-Americans over the last 15 years had little or no top 50 school offers.
    Keep in mind, these recruiting class rankings are subjective and are based upon information that Flo Softball obtained from conversations with high school coaches, travel ball coaches and college coaches.

Most of you are basing your comments about UL recruiting classes from the product that you have seen playing on the field. Cajun Amos is correct in that the majority of UL's recruiting classes under Lotief were not spectacular in that they did not contain a plethora of top 100 recruits. Mike always recruited on potential. Regardless of your thoughts on Mike and his dismissal, his ability to spot the diamond in the rough and coach them up to their full potential has been extraordinary. I am confident with saying that the vast majority of the All Americans that UL has had over the years were girls in which UL was the only D1 school to have offered them. Lotief saw the potential and made it become reality. I can remember watching D. J. Sanders at a UL camp the summer of her junior year in high school. Her swing was so horrible and she looked so awkward at the plate. Mike asked me what I thought about her swing. I told him that there were other girls at the camp that had much better swing mechanics who I would be spending my time focusing on. He just smiled and said that he saw a lot of potential in her. Obviously I was wrong because he coached her up to be a First Team All-American. I don't know Glasco's philosophy about recruiting in regards to offering girls who are more polished or if he has Lotief's eye for spotting potential. It will be interesting to follow his first couple of full recruiting classes and see how things translate to the field. I do wish him good luck in keeping UL softball up in the rankings that Yvette, Stefni and Mike have achieved over the past several years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4