_ _ _ _
Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Why? Because they happen to disagree with you about the Lotief firing? Or because they believe that there should be a modicum of equality in regards to men's and women's intercollegiate athletics? From your myriad of posts about this situation, it is clear that you were never a fan of Michael Lotief or of UL softball in general. I haven't yet formulated an opinion one way or the other in regards to Lotief's dismissal. Whether you want to admit it or not, the success of UL's softball program has always been a source of positive publicity for both UL and the City of Lafayette. IMO, if anything, this current situation will serve to only strengthen the current administration's position in regards women's athletics and to the adherence of Title IX rules and regulations. And will be done so to the chagrin of many who see women's athletics as a drain of available resources to men's athletics.
    This nonsense about inequality regarding softball is just that, nonsense. This program has for a very long time received a hell of a lot of support from the university. More so than any other women's program here.

Mike Lotief has essentially been fired by 2 different ADs at this university. T Joe saved him once and overlooked some of the verbal and physical abuse allegations. Now we have a 2nd AD who has chosen to suspend and subsequently fire him for the same reasons or reasons that are more aggregious.

This university built him a palace to play in. One of the very best softball facilities in the country. He got it built before Robe got baseballs stadium. They receive roughly the exact same Funding as baseball without producing the same type of revenue.

He was terminated with cause and for fans who are not fans of the university, just softball, Mike acted like a total _____hat while HC of this university.

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    You may think Facebook gives stupid people a voice and it may be so, but those "stupid" people are fans that may no longer support the university. There are a lot more Facebook followers than RP posters. The university has to take what they are saying seriously and do something that will bring most of them back. Our programs cannot survive on just the support of RPer's. I know people say to just wait the facts will eventually come out and the school can't release the information. Well the school did release information. If they have more damning information, it can be released without revealing the players names. People want justification for the firing and it has not been provided. Just because someone is in the "know" doesn't make their information credible in either the court of law or in the court of public opinion. Both of which are important. In my opinion and only my opinion (of which everyone has just like they have an a**hole), the only way Mike does not file a lawsuit is if the University issues an apology and gives him a undisclosed ton of money. That would make the university look like foolish. I am disheartened and hate the situation just like the many of our fans
    If you think we can't sustain a healthy program because we're losing a couple softball people, you are mistaken my friend. If those people want to leave, let them leave. There will be people to take their places. If you ask me, we need some shakeup in the kind of people that are following these teams. If you are leaving because a coach is being fired, you are not a supporter of Cajun Athletics. You are a fan of the coach.

Any man with shred of manhood on this site...that has a mother, wife, girlfriend, daughter, niece... if they get into a "passionate" conversation with a male and he repeatedly pushes their shoulder with his fingers... would be pizzed... if I did that to any female, I would fully expect one pizzed off MFer to be looking to have a word with me....period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Why? Because they happen to disagree with you about the Lotief firing? Or because they believe that there should be a modicum of equality in regards to men's and women's intercollegiate athletics? From your myriad of posts about this situation, it is clear that you were never a fan of Michael Lotief or of UL softball in general. I haven't yet formulated an opinion one way or the other in regards to Lotief's dismissal. Whether you want to admit it or not, the success of UL's softball program has always been a source of positive publicity for both UL and the City of Lafayette. IMO, if anything, this current situation will serve to only strengthen the current administration's position in regards women's athletics and to the adherence of Title IX rules and regulations. And will be done so to the chagrin of many who see women's athletics as a drain of available resources to men's athletics.
    I never had an opinion one way or the other on Lotief, but I think it ridiculous that there was a mini meltdown once a year. It's called a pattern. And for gods sake, can we stop with the equity stuff? That was a public deflection campaign, nothing more. UL Softball is probably near the TOP in gender equity in the nation, as we are with inclusiveness for all races, religions, etc. I wish people would stop buying this ____.

As far facebook.. Go and read the damn comments. Utter nonsense. A bunch of Lotief fans yelling about a witch hunt. It's embarrassing. People without a clue of what's going on in an echo chamber. Some people don't even know we have a new AD!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    At this time, the University can not give all the details. But I can assure you, the evidence is stone cold and damning. If Lotief is ego maniacal enough to bring lawsuits against the administration, they will bury him. And he knows that, hence the public deflection campaign and empty threats.
    Why can they not release the details? It would certainly help in the court of public opinion, especially if the evidence is concrete, would it not?

Is Mike aware of the evidence they have, cause if he is and if it is so damming, I would think his response would've been a lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Any man with shred of manhood on this site...that has a mother, wife, girlfriend, daughter, niece... if they get into a "passionate" conversation with a male and he repeatedly pushes their shoulder with his fingers... would be pizzed... if I did that to any female, I would fully expect one pizzed off MFer to be looking to have a word with me....period.
    Can't argue with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Holy hell, Buckley wrote on article about softball.
    He's written other before. Remember the ongoing stuff where he brought into wide public view the baseball and softball players who each received a DWI over the summer and compared the disciplinary tactics of both coaches.

So he does write Softball articles....cheap, yellow journalism stuff, but Softball nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    If 99% of these cult followers of Lotief had this happen to their daughter, they'd be crying on here about how Maggard needs to clean house.. Winning softball games in college gives you the right to behave any way you want to some..

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

Or maybe a response to the meeting earlier in the day with the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Realtor View Post
    Why can they not release the details? It would certainly help in the court of public opinion, especially if the evidence is concrete, would it not?

Is Mike aware of the evidence they have, cause if he is and if it is so damming, I would think his response would've been a lot different.
    This is the puzzling part of it all, but IMO, he's been allowed to get away with so much over the years, he figured he could do it again. I think along the way, TJoe's hands got a little dirty, and he was held hostage because of it, hence him bending over backward to appease Mike.

Also the reason why all details will remain in house until a suit is filed.. which it wont be.

To the fans of softball and the university, there will be a team to pull for in the spring. It may or may not be to level you are used to. There will be a team you can support. There will be athletes that will wear a Cajun uniform. They will work hard. They will represent this university. Will there be hard times? More than likely. Times change , faces change.
    If you are a Lorief fan, you can continue to follow him and support him if that is your choice. Best to you.
    Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I never had an opinion one way or the other on Lotief, but I think it ridiculous that there was a mini meltdown once a year. It's called a pattern. And for gods sake, can we stop with the equity stuff? That was a public deflection campaign, nothing more. UL Softball is probably near the TOP in gender equity in the nation, as we are with inclusiveness for all races, religions, etc. I wish people would stop buying this ____.

As far facebook.. Go and read the damn comments. Utter nonsense. A bunch of Lotief fans yelling about a witch hunt. It's embarrassing. People without a clue of what's going on in an echo chamber. Some people don't even know we have a new AD!
    I saw them MAT. Some of whom I have great respect for. But I have to see for myself what comes of the evidence prompting the investigation. If the allegations are true, then we will be in for a new spring time in the Cajun Nation. If false, then the University will owe the program and the fans a major restitution. I still sit here and think, why would the University, not AD Maggard, want to clip the coach of a nationally recognized program? Additionally, why would they continue to pursue a legal struggle that brings negative publicity to the school on account of false claims or a vindictive chip on the shoulder? Nobody is worth that. Just to see who will flinch first? No way. Got to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Some of the nonsense I have read on social media is absolutely ridiculous.

I just have to keep telling myself, "Facebook gives stupid people a voice".
    Or sports message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I saw them MAT. Some of whom I have great respect for. But I have to see for myself what comes of the evidence prompting the investigation. If the allegations are true, then we will be in for a new spring time in the Cajun Nation. If false, then the University will owe the program and the fans a major restitution. I still sit here and think, why would the University, not AD Maggard, want to clip the coach of a nationally recognized program? Additionally, why would they continue to pursue a legal struggle that brings negative publicity to the school on account of false claims or a vindictive chip on the shoulder? Nobody is worth that. Just to see who will flinch first? No way. Got to wait and see.
    If you know Joseph Savoie (a man scared of his own shadow) at all, have spent any time talking to him at all, you know that he covered all bases before diving into this one. He is a ZERO risk taker. There was no reaching here. They have what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    To the fans of softball and the university, there will be a team to pull for in the spring. It may or may not be to level you are used to. There will be a team you can support. There will be athletes that will wear a Cajun uniform. They will work hard. They will represent this university. Will there be hard times? More than likely. Times change , faces change.
    If you are a Lorief fan, you can continue to follow him and support him if that is your choice. Best to you.
    Time to move on.
    Former Players will rally the troops I think we take minimal damage

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Former Players will rally the troops I think we take minimal damage
    Former players have been posting quite a bit in favor of Coach Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Former players have been posting quite a bit in favor of Coach Lotief.
    I know many many more that are popping bottles he is finally gone

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

I don't click Advertiser articles because I don't want them to get credit for views. I haven't missed anything other poorly written articles by a beat writer that doesn't like the program he writes about.

Blog Entries

I know you're happy now MAT. To see a UL program fall apart is your dream come true.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This university built him a palace to play in. One of the very best softball facilities in the country. He got it built before Robe got baseballs stadium. They receive roughly the exact same Funding as baseball without producing the same type of revenue.
    IMO, your comparison about baseball and softball revenue is apples to oranges. UL baseball has always had a larger stadium, hence more revenue. They are also allowed to sell signs in the outfield, which softball isn't allowed to do, that I am sure generates a sizeable amount of revenue for the program. I would also venture that concession revenues at baseball (especially beer) is far greater than that of softball. If I am not mistaken, softball season ticket sales last year were at an all time high (I believe 1800 but could be wrong). Based upon that indicator, I would venture to say that interest in the program was starting to increase out beyond its traditional base. I don't know the numbers for this years season ticket renewals but I do find it ironic that Lotief gets dismissed just days after the deadline for season ticket renewals. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are many who see women's athletics as a drain and would prefer that all women's sports be provided with the barest of funding.

Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast