Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    I've been a Ragin Cajuns fan since birth, and Mike coached me in Tee Ball years ago. If shoulder poking is getting a coach fired, this world has gone softer than a pile of marshmallows. I'd like to toughen this world up if I could, and I'd like to start with Jeaux.
    That's not why he was fired my friend. I wouldn't BS you.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Some of the nonsense I have read on social media is absolutely ridiculous.

I just have to keep telling myself, "Facebook gives stupid people a voice".
    Or sports message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I saw them MAT. Some of whom I have great respect for. But I have to see for myself what comes of the evidence prompting the investigation. If the allegations are true, then we will be in for a new spring time in the Cajun Nation. If false, then the University will owe the program and the fans a major restitution. I still sit here and think, why would the University, not AD Maggard, want to clip the coach of a nationally recognized program? Additionally, why would they continue to pursue a legal struggle that brings negative publicity to the school on account of false claims or a vindictive chip on the shoulder? Nobody is worth that. Just to see who will flinch first? No way. Got to wait and see.
    If you know Joseph Savoie (a man scared of his own shadow) at all, have spent any time talking to him at all, you know that he covered all bases before diving into this one. He is a ZERO risk taker. There was no reaching here. They have what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    To the fans of softball and the university, there will be a team to pull for in the spring. It may or may not be to level you are used to. There will be a team you can support. There will be athletes that will wear a Cajun uniform. They will work hard. They will represent this university. Will there be hard times? More than likely. Times change , faces change.
    If you are a Lorief fan, you can continue to follow him and support him if that is your choice. Best to you.
    Time to move on.
    Former Players will rally the troops I think we take minimal damage

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Camp, you're quitting the program over this? For softball?
    They have tape of the man doing it!
    And you've seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Former Players will rally the troops I think we take minimal damage
    Former players have been posting quite a bit in favor of Coach Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Former players have been posting quite a bit in favor of Coach Lotief.
    I know many many more that are popping bottles he is finally gone

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Seems like a guy who figths for womens rights!
    Without seeing any of this info, was interviews with other players for those teams interviewed to confirm these accusations? Is there corroborating evidence from multiple sources?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Come call me Jay Walker to my face _____.

1744 E Willow St
    Lafayette La 70501

Out of town at the moment, but I'll be there all weekend.
    No way I'm meeting you.... you're a bad ace.... I bet you have to get your drawers custom made

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

I don't click Advertiser articles because I don't want them to get credit for views. I haven't missed anything other poorly written articles by a beat writer that doesn't like the program he writes about.

Blog Entries

I know you're happy now MAT. To see a UL program fall apart is your dream come true.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This university built him a palace to play in. One of the very best softball facilities in the country. He got it built before Robe got baseballs stadium. They receive roughly the exact same Funding as baseball without producing the same type of revenue.
    IMO, your comparison about baseball and softball revenue is apples to oranges. UL baseball has always had a larger stadium, hence more revenue. They are also allowed to sell signs in the outfield, which softball isn't allowed to do, that I am sure generates a sizeable amount of revenue for the program. I would also venture that concession revenues at baseball (especially beer) is far greater than that of softball. If I am not mistaken, softball season ticket sales last year were at an all time high (I believe 1800 but could be wrong). Based upon that indicator, I would venture to say that interest in the program was starting to increase out beyond its traditional base. I don't know the numbers for this years season ticket renewals but I do find it ironic that Lotief gets dismissed just days after the deadline for season ticket renewals. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are many who see women's athletics as a drain and would prefer that all women's sports be provided with the barest of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I know you're happy now MAT. To see a UL program fall apart is your dream come true.
    MAT is a big picture guy, he sees what is best for our programs in the long run. We need more fans like MAT in my opinion to get this athletic department to where we all believe it is capable of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    IMO, your comparison about baseball and softball revenue is apples to oranges. UL baseball has always had a larger stadium, hence more revenue. They are also allowed to sell signs in the outfield, which softball isn't allowed to do, that I am sure generates a sizeable amount of revenue for the program. I would also venture that concession revenues at baseball (especially beer) is far greater than that of softball. If I am not mistaken, softball season ticket sales last year were at an all time high (I believe 1800 but could be wrong). Based upon that indicator, I would venture to say that interest in the program was starting to increase out beyond its traditional base. I don't know the numbers for this years season ticket renewals but I do find it ironic that Lotief gets dismissed just days after the deadline for season ticket renewals. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are many who see women's athletics as a drain and would prefer that all women's sports be provided with the barest of funding.
    Pretty sure selling sign space doesn't go directly to baseball, but to the general athletic rev.

So mike abusing players should have been swept under the rug? Just keep it hush hush and move on like Baylor? How would the support for cajun softball be if the admin ignored abuse claims in the name of winning? I bet the social justice warriors would have loved that. These players came forward which means they wanted their voice heard, it would have gone public regardless and the university would have egg on its face and be forced to fire mike anyway. Hey, let's not let common sense get in the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Pretty sure selling sign space doesn't go directly to baseball, but to the general athletic rev.
    Not correct. My wife has been a wall sponsor since 2007. The check is written to UL Baseball Foundation. Before the new AD was hired we didn't get RCAF points for the donations. RCAF has no say in the money from the wall signs.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Basketball matters nationally, hence it matters here.
    Then start treating it like it mattered. Almost a decade of mediocre coaching doesn't scream it matters here. More like a necessary expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Not correct. My wife has been a wall sponsor since 2007. The check is written to UL Baseball Foundation. Before the new AD was hired we didn't get RCAF points for the donations. RCAF has no say in the money from the wall signs.
    YOu may write the checks to UL baseball, but I'm fairly confident they are deposited in the general athletic account, per a spreadsheet I obtained and posted in another thread. I recommend you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Must of read the spreadsheet wrong then.

Softball and baseball should be compared for Title IX purposes.

On that note, softball spends $15,000 more per athlete then baseball.

Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast