Thread: UL softball players locked out

UL Softball UL softball players locked out

Hours after the firing of UL softball coach Michael Lotief, his former players return to a padlocked Lamson Park

Default Re: After Lotief firing, UL softball players locked out of Lamson Park

Lafayette media is disgusting.

Holy hell, Buckley wrote on article about softball.

Why would there be a need to go to the stadium in middle of offseason? Shouldt the student athletes be spending their time at the library?

This seems odd.....
    Before beginning his tenure at UL in February, Maggard was an associate athletic director for more than 20 years at the University of Missouri, where a similar situation unfolded with that school's softball program.

In 2016, head softball coach Ehren Earleywine came under fire when his bosses launched an internal investigation into allegations that he mistreated players. In response, Missouri softball players protested, claiming the investigation was related to allegations of Title IX violations by the school.

No violations were proven; Earleywine resumed his job in 2017 after Missouri's athletic director left for a new job at Baylor.

I seem to remember being able to walk straight in through the outfield? Maybe the last round of renovations changed that?

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

Plaque removal prevention. Glad to see the university on to top of things this go round.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Plaque removal prevention. Glad to see the university on to top of things this go round.
    HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    This seems odd.....
    Before beginning his tenure at UL in February, Maggard was an associate athletic director for more than 20 years at the University of Missouri, where a similar situation unfolded with that school's softball program.

In 2016, head softball coach Ehren Earleywine came under fire when his bosses launched an internal investigation into allegations that he mistreated players. In response, Missouri softball players protested, claiming the investigation was related to allegations of Title IX violations by the school.

No violations were proven; Earleywine resumed his job in 2017 after Missouri's athletic director left for a new job at Baylor.
    HAHAHAHAHA I hope mike sues so the records can become public to show why he was terminated and should have been terminated years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HAHA!
    Z,What a circus! I long for the days when the craziest thing about Cajun athletics were the Red Dots.

Every time I've switched jobs, the first thing I did was turn in my key to the building. They have key code locks on the gates at Lamson. Codes weren't changed yet and that's why the gate was locked. Maybe if the players weren't in their own "us against the world" vacuum, they would know someone in the athletic department to call.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    ........Should be included in T-Bine's posts of the year!!!

I mean did they think Mike was gonna go back and wreck the place? Overboard if you ask me. This is a ____t show if you ask me.

This happens to be a standard procedure to protect property and other employees.

This should not be "news".

It's not news. It's a hit piece by a lazy bum.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Remove the tin foil from your heads. It was a misunderstanding and poorly timed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Holy hell, Buckley wrote on article about softball.
    He's written other before. Remember the ongoing stuff where he brought into wide public view the baseball and softball players who each received a DWI over the summer and compared the disciplinary tactics of both coaches.

So he does write Softball articles....cheap, yellow journalism stuff, but Softball nonetheless.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Or maybe a response to the meeting earlier in the day with the players?

I don't click Advertiser articles because I don't want them to get credit for views. I haven't missed anything other poorly written articles by a beat writer that doesn't like the program he writes about.