Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UL athletics a dumpster fire?

Blog Entries

Default Re: UL athletics a dumpster fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Regarding the sanctions, they expire December 1 which is less than a month away. That is significant as we return to full scholarship level in the spring semester. That means we can now bring in transfers and JUCO players in January now which allows them to participate in spring practice.
    Sweet

What is happening with ole miss, this is getting even less coverage than the menendez trial

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Former players and coaches came forward about physical abuse, why do people keep saying this is a conflict between him and the admin? Lotief made it about gender equality and women's rights to win the court of public opinion because he knew the university couldn't comment. Personally I think he knew he was going down and is going to take the whole ship down with him.
    One thing I'm beginning to wonder is if Dr. Maggard has made a decision to de-emphasize minor sports in order to build a big press box at Cajun Field and other major venues. Then Lotief's defense of his job and program is not keeping up with Title XII regulations over the years and forcing his train back on the track. What I don't know is what coach abuse actually took place. It would seem to me that Softball over a 36-year-period deserves to exist at a current or higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    One thing I'm beginning to wonder is if Dr. Maggard has made a decision to de-emphasize minor sports in order to build a big press box at Cajun Field and other major venues. Then Lotief's defense of his job and program is not keeping up with Title XII regulations over the years and forcing his train back on the track. What I don't know is what coach abuse actually took place. It would seem to me that Softball over a 36-year-period deserves to exist at a current or higher level.
    If i make a partial list of div1 schools in bigger conferences than we are that dont have softball, just off top of my head.... Tulane, navy, USC, vanderbilt... So having a softball team is not a title IX reqt, therefore cutting grass or travel money or whatever would not be(depsite fact we have a stadium, hardly anyone else has that). The reqt is that same pct of student body has opportunity to participate in athletics.
    No cries for title ix violation when a certain football heavy conference didnt even have softball for over 20 years after title ix passed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    If i make a partial list of div1 schools in bigger conferences than we are that dont have softball, just off top of my head.... Tulane, navy, USC, vanderbilt... So having a softball team is not a title IX reqt, therefore cutting grass or travel money or whatever would not be(depsite fact we have a stadium, hardly anyone else has that). The reqt is that same pct of student body has opportunity to participate in athletics.
    No cries for title ix violation when a certain football heavy conference didnt even have softball for over 20 years after title ix passed
    The LAST thing you ever want to do is discount or diminish your success where others have failed to take notice or outright failed.

wrong thread, nm

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    From the attitude of some posters you would think the only choices are to win and accept that to win players have to accept physical and verbal abuse or on the other hand lose and and have a team of snowflakes. This is an idiotic view, to be blunt. The greatest coach in the history of team sports put that one to bed at UCLA. Coaches who use those abusive methods and win, do so in spite of the abuse, not due to it.

It is possible to instill discipline and character without grabbing a girl by the hair or calling her vulgar names. I can't believe this is even a debatable point.
    I agree... But i think what most people want more (but not sure about psoters here) is equal enforcement and treatment at all universities, not (the media or ncaa) picking and choosing when it is a scandal and when it is ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    You keep bringing this up Turbine but you never explain yourself. The NCAA has a VERY clearly defined method that includes what they expect a school to offer up regarding self imposed sanctions based on the allegations. I can't begin to understand what you think would have been accomplished had UL not followed NCAA guidelines? Do you honestly believe that not following their guidelines we would have ended up in a better position?
    He likes those cryptic, one sentence floating butterfly posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He likes those cryptic, one sentence floating butterfly posts.
    Hey, I like that.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    You can't deemphasize any women's sport due to Title IX. Baseball is no longer a minor sport here due to the fan support. Press Box gets built when private donations are sufficient to move on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3