Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Default Re: University terminates softball head coach Michael Lotief

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    How can you be wrongly terminated from an unpaid position, damages equal zero
    To be honest, not sure. I know very little about her role with the team and I'm obviously not an attorney however, she may be on a benefits package of some sort or get some type of compensation that is not paid through the university payroll. She has to provide some form of living for herself. I'm not sure to be honest but you can sue for LOTS of things and many times, the defendants just settle to avoid long drawn out and embarrassing litigation.

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Hey fellows - the school is being burned down on Facebook on KATC, KLFY, The Advertiser, and the Advocate pages. The posters on this echo chamber need to jump over there and defend this institution's decision if you can. Also, I hope to hell the school has a whole lot more evidence than what was shown in the Advocate. Out of hundreds of pages, the worst complaint was that the players were called _______. Hell my 7th grade catholic elementary school football coach called us _______ and worse. I'm pretty sure the school would have put out what they thought was the most damning evidence about Mike in those hundreds of pages and that the Advocate would have posted the most damning. If this is the best we have, the university has screwed the pooch. Right now looking at the evidence presented to the public by those investigating, I'd have to side with Mike if I was on a jury. BTW one of the best posts on Facebook - They are talking about a national search for a coach, they will also need to do a national search for season ticket holders. How true as the ticket office has been inundated with request to cancel season tickets. When requesting a cancellation, they will ask the ticket holder if they would reconsider until a new softball coach is hired, the answer is overwhelmingly no. They also said they were told to ask the question from our administration. Apparently the school doesn't know their fan base very well.
    I am sending another email to Maggard, Savoie and company on this issue and will be asking what are our plans to recover from this fiasco. They better have one.
    People have short memories this will be a non issue by thanksgiving

Listening to Stevie P on KPEL.....spent first half hour talking about Astros winning series....

Said that he'll have thoughts on the softball situation in coming segment......

Some of the nonsense I have read on social media is absolutely ridiculous.

I just have to keep telling myself, "Facebook gives stupid people a voice".

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Listening to Stevie P on KPEL.....spent first half hour talking about Astros winning series....

Said that he'll have thoughts on the softball situation in coming segment......
    Stevie P is talking out his a $$

Default Re: University terminates softball head coach Michael Lotief

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I will not Be surprised if he does. Lawyers and Preachers(Baldwin) are the hardest to get rid of and make the worst or should I say lifelong Plaintiffs. We should make sure to never hire another Lawyer or a Preacher going forward as a coach. Just Saying.
    It has been my experience that, by nature, most lawyers like to argue and verbally fight. That doesn't always go over well outside of the court room with other non-lawyer types.

Stevie says he thinks a law suite is coming. I am in the same boat as M.A.T., I would be shocked if that happens..

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Plaque removal prevention. Glad to see the university on to top of things this go round.
    HAHA!

Default Re: After Lotief firing, UL softball players locked out of Lamson Park

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    This seems odd.....
    Before beginning his tenure at UL in February, Maggard was an associate athletic director for more than 20 years at the University of Missouri, where a similar situation unfolded with that school's softball program.

In 2016, head softball coach Ehren Earleywine came under fire when his bosses launched an internal investigation into allegations that he mistreated players. In response, Missouri softball players protested, claiming the investigation was related to allegations of Title IX violations by the school.

No violations were proven; Earleywine resumed his job in 2017 after Missouri's athletic director left for a new job at Baylor.
    HAHAHAHAHA I hope mike sues so the records can become public to show why he was terminated and should have been terminated years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Stevie says he thinks a law suite is coming. I am in the same boat as M.A.T., I would be shocked if that happens..
    If Lotief is stupid enough to actually file.. When this thing is all said and done, they'll have to move away from Lafayette. And he may have to take TJoe with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have to admit your track record on predictions is impressive. It is more than having a clue, it is called having "knowledge". I don't know who your sources are but they do seem to have shared accurate information with you historically.
    If you had your nose in Maggard's drawers everyday like MAT does, you will eventually get a few nuggets. MAT is Lafayette's version of Tuscaloosa Jim on Finebaum's show. Been there, done that and knows more than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    If you had your nose in Maggard's drawers everyday like MAT does, you will eventually get a few nuggets. MAT is Lafayette's version of Tuscaloosa Jim on Finebaum's show. Been there, done that and knows more than everyone else.
    Hahahahahahahaha!! Here come the Lotief cult members! Eat ____, ____-breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Did you parent's have any other children that lived?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HAHA!
    Z,What a circus! I long for the days when the craziest thing about Cajun athletics were the Red Dots.

I keep hearing that softball brings the most "national" attention to this university. That's nice but it's only for a week or two in the postseason. Softball fans are saying it's wrong that the university keeps spending money on football and not giving he softball program what it wants. Key word is "want", not what they need.

From the financials we saw, this is what each program brought in for just ticket sales and guarantees.

Football : $3,300,000
    Men's Basketball : $630,000
    Baseball : $604,000
    Softball : $170,000
    Women's Basketball : $33,000

That national recognition is nice for those 2 weeks, but in the big picture it doesn't bring in the money to pay for what they "want".

Default Re: UL softball players locked out

Every time I've switched jobs, the first thing I did was turn in my key to the building. They have key code locks on the gates at Lamson. Codes weren't changed yet and that's why the gate was locked. Maybe if the players weren't in their own "us against the world" vacuum, they would know someone in the athletic department to call.

MAT, leave him. In other news, this whole stink on Facebook and other social media outlets appears to be a sign of people worshipping a game or a man due to success. Like the world is gonna end now that Mike is gone. Tomorrow still comes, the sun rises. We place too much on winning and losing in sports. I want the best for the University as much as anyone. But I will not worship a sport or a coach to the point of life being over.

Stupid picked up the phone and is calling Stevie P's show.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Oh man, the morons are awake early this morning and calling the radio station.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    A lot of deflection to other programs....

Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast