Thread: Sun Belt Cross Country Championship on ESPN3

Default Sun Belt Cross Country Championship on ESPN3

I know you guys are really captivated with everything going on with baseball, softball and basketball, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the Sun Belt XC championships will be broadcast live from Boone, NC this Saturday morning... so if you find yourself looking for something to watch at 9am, check it out and send the Cajun runners some good mojo.

The women start at 9, and the men start at 10 central time.

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/31987...e-championship

Default Re: Sun Belt Cross Country Championship on ESPN3

Sweet. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    I know you guys are really captivated with everything going on with baseball, softball and basketball, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the Sun Belt XC championships will be broadcast live from Boone, NC this Saturday morning... so if you find yourself looking for something to watch at 9am, check it out and send the Cajun runners some good mojo.

The women start at 9, and the men start at 10 central time.

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/31987...e-championship
    How did we do?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How did we do?
    We don't know yet. The event is Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How did we do?
    it's THIS coming Saturday morning, the 28th

Ragin' Cajuns Cross Country: Ragin' Cajuns Finish Fifth In Men's, Women's Races At SBC Championships

Beau Robinson became the first Louisiana runner to record four top-10 finishes at the Sun Belt Conference Cross Country Championships in school history while Courtney Musgrove earned a top-10 as the duo led the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns to a fifth-place finish on Saturday at the State Farm Fields-Kennedy Trails.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

The men finished tied for 4th (out of 10) with South Alabama. The women were 5th (out of 12).

Winning sux,let's fire the coaches that win. Everything is equal after that and easier to manage.

App State, who was hosting the race, pulled off the upset on the men's side and won. Watched the race on ESPN3 yesterday. The race for the championship was supposed to be between us, UTA and TX State.

App State ran great as a pack.

Our lead guy, Stanley, had a very rough outing. Dropped from 2nd to I believe around 30th. Beau finished 3rd overall.

Freshman from Coastal ran away from the pack early and never backed off.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Track & Field Re: Sun Belt Cross Country Championship on ESPN3

Probably had a lot to do with being almost a mile above sea level.

App State like Denver Broncs, Nuggets, and Denver Pioneers always seem to be much better at home. Oxygen drain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Probably had a lot to do with being almost a mile above sea level.

App State like Denver Broncs, Nuggets, and Denver Pioneers always seem to be much better at home. Oxygen drain
    Twice a year I used to always get nauseous after my first day of snow skiing. Then I was fine.

To bad the team can't go up a day early

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Takes months to get the red blood cell count up. Those extra blood cells take in mo oxygen.

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/adapt/adapt_3.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Takes months to get the red blood cell count up. Those extra blood cells take in mo oxygen.
    So you are saying I should have,moved to Colorado? My younger self would agree with you.

I don't know what optimal acclimation feels like.

Truthfully though, I felt physically better/stronger after just one full day.

As you see training at extreme altitude is also of benefit at sea level, thus the Kenyan domination of the long distance sports

I didn't realize Boone had such a high elevation. I've run up in Brevard several summers and didn't notice a difference, but I sure has heck have noticed one in Santa Fe (about 7,000 feet).

That would also make Beau Robinson's performance that much more impressive.

Quick check, Boone is about 3,300 feet. That's about what Carlsbad, NM is, I think. That dry air messes with me every time I'm out there.

I read 4400, but that's just a factoid I picked up somewhere. Don't know if it's accurate. Supposed to be highest point on the East Coadt.

We drove to the championships this weekend. Boone is a pretty town for the XC championships, but they sure are proud of their hotels prices this time of year. 175 bucks for a room at the sleep inn.

As far as elevation, there is a town about 18 miles away that we drove through (we went through Knoxville then Bristol), on a sketchy mountain road at 11 pm, that is situated right on the eastern continental divide called Banner Elk, and the sign said 4020 feet. Boone was probably about 1000 feet less than that.

I sent Beau and Bryce to Boulder after their junior year of high school and they both handled the elevation change pretty well back then.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    We drove to the championships this weekend. Boone is a pretty town for the XC championships, but they sure are proud of their hotels prices this time of year. 175 bucks for a room at the sleep inn.

As far as elevation, there is a town about 18 miles away that we drove through (we went through Knoxville then Bristol), on a sketchy mountain road at 11 pm, that is situated right on the eastern continental divide called Banner Elk, and the sign said 4020 feet. Boone was probably about 1000 feet less than that.

I sent Beau and Bryce to Boulder after their junior year of high school and they both handled the elevation change pretty well back then.
    ....Spoke recently with a doctor/runner/coach about distance running and weight training....".he said to check out the Kenyan bodies! Good point!?,!