_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Georgia Southern Fires Head Coach!

Default Re: Summers Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My understanding is that the buyout is lower if a change is made after the season ends.
    It drops on 1/1/2018 to $1,000,000. What you do is, you relieve him of his duties after the App State game but continue to pay him through December 31, 2017. Then you serve notice that his contract is being terminated on January 1, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    It drops on 1/1/2018 to $1,000,000. What you do is, you relieve him of his duties after the App State game but continue to pay him through December 31, 2017. Then you serve notice that his contract is being terminated on January 1, 2018.
    Adminstrative reassignment now, name an interim, begin a search immediately, and terminate 2018.01.01. Happy New Year to all. We can't wait until after the season to start a search. We will miss too much of the recruiting opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'm pretty sure it drops after each game. After the season we would only have his final year to buyout. Plus the staff unless we retain certain members similar to what LSU did with Aranda.

Ideally I'd like to see South Al get to 6 wins so they don't fire Jones. Neal Brown stay with troy for one more season and us move on to John Grass at Jacksonville St. IMO if either of the Alabama schools in the Belt open up he is their first choice. Keeps him instate for retirement purposes and gets him to FBS.
    Mike Houston from JMU is my guy maybe we can get a package deal for their softball coach as well

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    Adminstrative reassignment now, name an interim, begin a search immediately, and terminate 2018.01.01. Happy New Year to all. We can't wait until after the season to start a search. We will miss too much of the recruiting opportunities.
    With the new recruiting rules we're already behind the eight ball.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Mike Houston from JMU is my guy maybe we can get a package deal for their softball coach as well
    Another name to keep an eye on is Steve Campbell with Central Arkansas.

I'm still firmly in the Mike Houston camp but his name could come up for a bunch of jobs this off season.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Summers Gone!

I'm holding out for Nick Saben. The man loves a challenge, and he will surely have one here to straighten out the shat show in Martin Hall.

Default Georgia Southern Fires Head Coach!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Georgia Southern Fires Head Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    You're exactly right. With the new December recruiting rules coaches needing termination need to go in early October.

This new recruiting format really protects bad coaches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2