_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Houston Astros World Series Champs

Default Re: Houston Astros World Series Champs

First off I'm an Astros fan and I'm not making a argument for them being innocent but I think this is overblown because of the results. Here is the last three years home and away records, you think the report had it wrong and it was away field cameras...lol.

2019 Home: 60-21 Away: 47-34
    2018 Home: 46-35 Away: 57-24
    2017 Home: 48-33 Away: 53-28

2019 was the only year where it was drastically home but supposedly the cheating happened in 2017.

Baseball makes no sense. Pete Rose bets on the game, a life time ban.

These guys out and out cheat in an elaborate and pre planned manner during gameS and only get a year.

Kind of like Mantle playing drunk was ok but today's guys get busted for weed.

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Baseball makes no sense. Pete Rose bets on the game, a life time ban.

These guys out and out cheat in an elaborate and pre planned manner during gameS and only get a year.

Kind of like Mantle playing drunk was ok but today's guys get busted for weed.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but why do catchers change their signs when a runner reaches second base? That's Right! So that the other team doesn't still the signs! There would be no need to change signs if other teams weren't stealing them. Cheating has been part of the game for years, the Astros took another step further by using modern day electronics. Are they guilty? Absolutely! Are other teams doing it in one measure, or another? All day long!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but why do catchers change their signs when a runner reaches second base? That's Right! So that the other team doesn't still the signs! There would be no need to change signs if other teams weren't stealing them. Cheating has been part of the game for years, the Astros took another step further by using modern day electronics. Are they guilty? Absolutely! Are other teams doing it in one measure, or another? All day long!
    Ever see the crazy message dances guys with binoculars do at baseball games?

Stealing signs by a base runner is one of those unwritten rules of baseball. Going high tech, that's another issue.

Meanwhile the NFL is yet to address St Tom's team.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Stealing signs by a base runner is one of those unwritten rules of baseball. Going high tech, that's another issue.

Just an FYI, the Yankees, Dodgers and Brewers have been implicated in the same scandal.

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

They simply used the most modern method of doing it. It's illegal no matter what, but you still have to get caught. But hey, now the Dodgers, Yankees and Redsox have been accused of doing the same today! Sore losers are going to cry!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Just an FYI, the Yankees, Dodgers and Brewers have been implicated in the same scandal.
    The Yankees and Dodgers?

MLB will turn the other way LOL

It's going to be interesting to watch as more teams are found out to have elaborate cheating systems if the penalties remain consistent.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Where does the $5mm go?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Where does the $5mm go?
    About a milimeter, oh wait that's how far.

Same goes with football...why does every college program hold up goofy signs and banners/towels blocking coaches talking to players on the bench???...bc every opponent has guys in the press box with binoculars!!!

Where does the $5mm go?
    Goes into a pool of money.. unlike NFL mlb fines can't be written off as a donation

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Goes into a pool of money.. unlike NFL mlb fines can't be written off as a donation
    A pool of money for what?

A pool of money for what?
    Whatever the mlb wants to do with it

Funny thing is in an article I read yesterday Danny Farghuar ( sorry if I misspelled) was the guy who pointed out the trash can banging in a game. Sent some of the astros scurrying away from the can. Was when he was with the white Sox .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6