_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Complete F00bar

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,366

    Default Complete F00bar

    That exhibition last night was the worst performance I have seen since pre-Bustle. Is this the beginning of the end of the MH era? What the hell happened? Games like these are bad enough to get your attention, even around mild-mattered fans.


  2. #2
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,992

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    That exhibition last night was the worst performance I have seen since pre-Bustle. Is this the beginning of the end of the MH era? What the hell happened? Games like these are bad enough to get your attention, even around mild-mattered fans.
    You're mistaken. LTUR, USA both as embarrassing since 2014.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,926

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    That exhibition last night was the worst performance I have seen since pre-Bustle. Is this the beginning of the end of the MH era? What the hell happened? Games like these are bad enough to get your attention, even around mild-mattered fans.
    Worst part about this game is that ASU was so much more physical than we were. They weren't any bigger but they just played so much more physical. We almost seem soft. We had guys on the field that looked like they wanted no part of being out there after the first quarter. On special teams, we had 3 or 4 instances where our guys were literally dump trucked by a guy the same size.

    They won the LOS by just being more physical and we honestly were never in the game. It certainly goes down with the LT and USA games in the past but at least the USA game we were breaking in Haack for his first start. Even Ragas was taken down more easily in this game. He didn't have his normal physicality where he breaks the first couple tackles and picks up momentum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    That exhibition last night was the worst performance I have seen since pre-Bustle. Is this the beginning of the end of the MH era? What the hell happened? Games like these are bad enough to get your attention, even around mild-mattered fans.
    We are in the middle of the end.

  5. #5
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Worst part about this game is that ASU was so much more physical than we were. They weren't any bigger but they just played so much more physical. We almost seem soft. We had guys on the field that looked like they wanted no part of being out there after the first quarter. On special teams, we had 3 or 4 instances where our guys were literally dump trucked by a guy the same size.

    They won the LOS by just being more physical and we honestly were never in the game. It certainly goes down with the LT and USA games in the past but at least the USA game we were breaking in Haack for his first start. Even Ragas was taken down more easily in this game. He didn't have his normal physicality where he breaks the first couple tackles and picks up momentum.
    This is one reason I kinda want a defensive minded coach.

  6. #6
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,147
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This is one reason I kinda want a defensive minded coach.
    How did Hud go from having Rusty Witt and the mentality he brought to the team... to a team that's soft? I don't get what happened. I was never impressed with Hud's offensive mindset. But I was definitely impressed with the energy of his first few years. What happened? Hud was always prone to being out-coached on any given day... but he started his UL career with some serious focus on being tougher than the opponent in the 4th quarter. Things have changed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    How did Hud go from having Rusty Witt and the mentality he brought to the team... to a team that's soft? I don't get what happened. I was never impressed with Hud's offensive mindset. But I was definitely impressed with the energy of his first few years. What happened? Hud was always prone to being out-coached on any given day... but he started his UL career with some serious focus on being tougher than the opponent in the 4th quarter. Things have changed.
    It's all about the Benjamins!!! Hud got his payday, and has declined ever since.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA.
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Guess HUD took that rope nobody was supposed to let go of and threw it in the dumpster...


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,802

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    How did Hud go from having Rusty Witt and the mentality he brought to the team... to a team that's soft? I don't get what happened. I was never impressed with Hud's offensive mindset. But I was definitely impressed with the energy of his first few years. What happened? Hud was always prone to being out-coached on any given day... but he started his UL career with some serious focus on being tougher than the opponent in the 4th quarter. Things have changed.
    This. 100%, this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    How did Hud go from having Rusty Witt and the mentality he brought to the team... to a team that's soft? I don't get what happened. I was never impressed with Hud's offensive mindset. But I was definitely impressed with the energy of his first few years. What happened? Hud was always prone to being out-coached on any given day... but he started his UL career with some serious focus on being tougher than the opponent in the 4th quarter. Things have changed.
    Another duty Hud took over when his cool mil payday began.

    Remember the bench press seminars?

    Hud is trying to do to much.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: Complete F00bar

    Anyone want to split a 6 pack?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •