Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you email Dr Maggard??? Post yours!

Default What did you email Dr Maggard??? Post yours!

Dr. Maggard,

I am taking the time to express my extreme disappointment, with UL, in what I view from a distant living in Texas. Myself and fellow alumni, which are many living near Houston, are concerned on how the athletic programs are moving in the wrong direction. Hearing of Coach Lotief's suspension and the disastrous football games, off-field antics of football players and refusal of a football head coach (Mark Hudspeth) to accept any responsibility for his and players actions is troubling. My colleagues look at UL as a joke of a school that cheats (ACT scandal), has criminals (thieves, rapists, etc.) and still gets destroyed by the bottom of the G5 conferences!!!! Myself and all the alumni that I know have chosen not gone to any games this or last year and sadly some have tailgating spots which are not being used. My relatives, who are great supporters of UL basketball and football, attend only the basketball games and refuse to view the absolute atrocious game plan and execution that football provides. I receive game day and other surveys and I have provided my accurate assessment of how I view the program. You can have the absolute best game experience but we no one wants to view the actual product on the field then all else is for nothing. Many have reduced their giving to the lowest level possible to keep the tailgating spots or have cut out giving completely. I believe we should work with Coach Lotief to solve issues since he and Coach Robe have always provided top notch coaching having top 20 teams throughout the years of their service to UL. It is my belief that they truly have UL's best interest in heart and people see these programs as the jewel of UL Athletics (even though they may not provide much financial benefit compared to football, which is now in doubt). Can we afford to not only lose football games to bottom feeders of D1, have poor attendance and the waning support for UL athletics? My answer is absolutely NO! Please consider removing HC Mark Hudspeth from his coaching duties ASAP and let us move our program FORWARD not backwards like is has been for the last 3 years. This is the attitude and belief of MANY, so I am speaking on their behalf also.

I understand that you are relatively new to the position but now are fully versed in the UL culture and systems. I wish for you succeed beyond anyone's expectations which is why I chose to email you personally. Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to actions and a response on your part.

Jason Smith

Default Re: What did you email Dr Maggard??? Post yours!

I've emailed him a few lengthy emails a couple times already. So I sent the following this morning:

Subject: Coach Hudspeth

I'll keep this short and sweet: Fire him.

Blog Entries

I basically said the same as you. A lot shorter by a paragraph. I told him I understand he just took the job but Hud is his to deal with. As a life long Cajuns supporter I told him Hud has to go because it's sinking faster than the titanic.

I wonder what it would be like to come into work, and see emails with the same subject, "Fire Coach Hudspeth." That's an effective persuasion.

I copied and pasted my original post on "Dr Maggard, the time is now".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I copied and pasted my original post on "Dr Maggard, the time is now".
    That was a literary piece no doubt.

I told maggard that I am not dedicating funds in my personal budget to the Louisiana athletic program for next year until he notifies me personally or publicly addresses Coach Hudspeth's continued unprofessional actions of first disparaging the financial and gameday supporters of this program and politicizing his job with his previous Trump/hypocrite comments and then trying to destroy the future of Louisiana football recruiting with his quarterback comments at half time of the Arkansas State game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    then trying to destroy the future of Louisiana football recruiting with his quarterback comments at half time of the Arkansas State game.
    I missed it...what did he say?

@ULCoachHud, "It might help a little to get some quarterback play...I may may play QB in 2nd half cant do any worse."

Curious if anyone recieved a response from these emails?

Also, starting to see more Hudspeth Hot Seat Articles

http://footballscoop.com/news/footba...ar-winter-3-0/

After McNeese bows out in the first round of the FCS playoffs, Louisiana-Lafayette drives a few miles west down Interstate 10 to pull Lance Guidry out of Lake Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post

Please insert Jim Carrey vomiting gif

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Maybe he can head back to Tulane.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hell no. Mike Houston or John Grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I believe we should work with Coach Lotief to solve issues since he and Coach Robe have always provided top notch coaching having top 20 teams throughout the years of their service to UL. It is my belief that they truly have UL's best interest in heart and people see these programs as the jewel of UL Athletics (even though they may not provide much financial benefit compared to football, which is now in doubt).
    Bruh

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Dr. Maggard,

I am taking the time to express my extreme disappointment, with UL, in what I view from a distant living in Texas. Myself and fellow alumni, which are many living near Houston, are concerned on how the athletic programs are moving in the wrong direction. Hearing of Coach Lotief's suspension and the disastrous football games, off-field antics of football players and refusal of a football head coach (Mark Hudspeth) to accept any responsibility for his and players actions is troubling. My colleagues look at UL as a joke of a school that cheats (ACT scandal), has criminals (thieves, rapists, etc.) and still gets destroyed by the bottom of the G5 conferences!!!! Myself and all the alumni that I know have chosen not gone to any games this or last year and sadly some have tailgating spots which are not being used. My relatives, who are great supporters of UL basketball and football, attend only the basketball games and refuse to view the absolute atrocious game plan and execution that football provides. I receive game day and other surveys and I have provided my accurate assessment of how I view the program. You can have the absolute best game experience but we no one wants to view the actual product on the field then all else is for nothing. Many have reduced their giving to the lowest level possible to keep the tailgating spots or have cut out giving completely. I believe we should work with Coach Lotief to solve issues since he and Coach Robe have always provided top notch coaching having top 20 teams throughout the years of their service to UL. It is my belief that they truly have UL's best interest in heart and people see these programs as the jewel of UL Athletics (even though they may not provide much financial benefit compared to football, which is now in doubt). Can we afford to not only lose football games to bottom feeders of D1, have poor attendance and the waning support for UL athletics? My answer is absolutely NO! Please consider removing HC Mark Hudspeth from his coaching duties ASAP and let us move our program FORWARD not backwards like is has been for the last 3 years. This is the attitude and belief of MANY, so I am speaking on their behalf also.

I understand that you are relatively new to the position but now are fully versed in the UL culture and systems. I wish for you succeed beyond anyone's expectations which is why I chose to email you personally. Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to actions and a response on your part.

Jason Smith
    100% agree with you on Hudspeth.

Mike Lotief forced the hand of the administration. Unfortunately they had no choice. His antics brought this about, it could no longer be tolerated. Which is really unfortunate bacuse the results on the Diamond were outstanding. This is definitely a polarizing issue.

I truly hope that we can move forward and improve in football and sustain the success we have achieved in softball.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyAroundCity View Post
    Bruh
    Welcome GuyAroundCity... lmao

Wtf I just about spit out my teeth and I don't have false teeth.

haha that is awesome

MAT, your long lost twin has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    MAT, your long lost twin has arrived.
    I just pinched myself.. I wonder if he felt it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast