Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

  1. #1

    UL Football Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    ... it's Arkansas State week all over again for the Cajuns, and Hudspeth while not picking one over the other thinks he knows why UL's series with the Red Wolves is so intense.

    When his team plays Arkansas State, he suggested, everything seems ratcheted.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    ... it's Arkansas State week all over again for the Cajuns, and Hudspeth while not picking one over the other thinks he knows why UL's series with the Red Wolves is so intense.

    When his team plays Arkansas State, he suggested, everything seems ratcheted.
    Ark State is our #1 rival. ULM is sort of an in-state nuisance because we have to play them in conference.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,811

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Ark State is our #1 rival. ULM is sort of an in-state nuisance because we have to play them in conference.
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

    I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,908

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    It's Tech in my book...not even close.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,504
    Blog Entries
    1

    This is so COOL Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

    I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.
    Louisiana Tech has been our longest running rival in this state period. Arkansas State is our major rival in the SBC and the only two original football programs still playing in this conference. And for the record, I hate them because they have a $40 mil budget right? LOL!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

    I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.
    LOL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It's Tech in my book...not even close.
    Well the two recent times we've played them, it sure hasn't seem like a rivalry. More like they just simply swatted us away.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

    I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.
    It used to be Tech and I wish it still was. But, they don't seem to want to play us and the last couple of times manhandled us. That is no longer a rivalry. Would love to bring it back. But, until then, its Ark State.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,009
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

    Ironically both schools mentioned have to do with the State of Arkansas.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •