_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Softball Program

It doesn't matter what Babb did, and I've never heard of football players doing anything with maintenance, it's the universities responsibility to maintain ALL facilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why does UL need to cut the grass? Babb cut the grass for years. Should UL cut the grass for them just because they are women? Because that's not gender equality. Raise the money and get turf like the other sports did if you don't want to cut the grass. None of this story makes sense.
    Babb cutting the grass included supplemental pay. Cajun Field included.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Mike and this softball team put UL in the positive spotlight year in and year out. We spend about as much time on ESPN and ESPN 2 with softball than we do with any other program. They have a following, they make money, they are one of the only teams we have that are realistically capable of winning a D1 National Championship. The Lotiefs and their program are more important to this school and this community than many realize. It's far more than money.
    the bolded part bothers me. no one at UL is bigger than any program we have.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It doesn't matter what Babb did, and I've never heard of football players doing anything with maintenance, it's the universities responsibility to maintain ALL facilities.
    Talk to any baseball player pre-turf era. Ask him about "that ____ing tarp" (their words, not mine) players had to move every time it rained, day or night.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why does UL need to cut the grass? Babb cut the grass for years. Should UL cut the grass for them just because they are women? Because that's not gender equality. Raise the money and get turf like the other sports did if you don't want to cut the grass. None of this story makes sense.
    Babb cut the grass because he was paid to cut the grass to supplement his salary which was well below par. He also cut the football field at that time as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Of course it doesn't matter because people want to push their own narrative. The facts never matter when it doesn't fit the narrative. Mike pushed a button that he knew people would jump on without hearing the other side. He just made himself a social justice warrior. Ask yourself this, if he was put on leave for no reason at all, do you think he would put out that statement considering the lawsuit he would be filing against the university for wrongful termination? Or defamation of character? Or whatever else he could win in court for being totally innocent? Something with this story smells rotten and it isn't all on the university. Why would he remain silent fir so long? It took him 2 weeks to realize what he did was in the name of gender equality?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Babb cut the grass because he was paid to cut the grass to supplement his salary which was well below par. He also cut the football field at that time as part of the deal.
    Yes it was the deal because the university grounds crew isn't part of the deal. So make a deal.

Blog Entries

When someone is placed on administrative leave at my job it is usually because management is getting the paperwork prepared to terminate him or her. I hope that is not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    When someone is placed on administrative leave at my job it is usually because management is getting the paperwork prepared to terminate him or her. I hope that is not the case here.
    If this is true, Maggard better prove his worth with the pending hire. Fans will be ____ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If this is true, Maggard better prove his worth with the pending hire. Fans will be ____ed.
    Outside of the softball circle, I don't think people will be ____ed. I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Free reign was taken away when the AD made it clear if a player gets arrested they're gone. Which contradicts what Mike did with HH and her DWI
    Maggard never said that, he said "suspended indefinitely."

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Yeah, I meant softball fans. Those who have heavily supported and helped finance the program.

Yeah, I meant softball fans. Those who have heavily supported and helped finance the program.
    Oh, my bad.
    You're right about that. Our softball people are a passionate, unique bunch. And I'm not patronizing them, I mean that. I can't imagine how I'd be dealing if this was Robe...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    This more likely today, than before yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This more likely today, than before yesterday.
    If mike is indeed being fired, it better be for something egregious. Maggard and Yanko would be foolish for trying to merely make a point with this firing.. You'd effectively be poisoning the water hole.

I love Mike as the UL softball coach and think he is fantastic at his job.

But...have there ever been trainers at every practice? Has the grass never been mowed? Sure as hell seems to me that if this wasn't standard stuff over the last 6-7 years, then maybe he should have made his social justice stand then. Funds could have gone to these things instead of a jewel of a stadium. Or an indoor hitting facility. He sure didn't turn those things down to have trainers at practice, higher pay for assistants or someone to cut the grass. LOTS of money was spent on those two facilities that could have been used for his current crusade.

That said, we don't know the whole story and I agree with a poster above, if the university places a highly visible, well-known coach on administrative leave, there should be a public statement as to why.

If mike is indeed being fired, it better be for something egregious. Maggard and Yanko would be foolish for trying to merely make a point with this firing.. You'd effectively be poisoning the water hole.
    Yep. It wouldn't be pretty.

Yep. It wouldn't be pretty.
    No matter what? Or just based off one side of the story?

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    the bolded part bothers me. no one at UL is bigger than any program we have.
    Not saying they are bigger, just that they are important and the Lotief's have made this program their own. Would we still have a program without Mike? Sure. Is Mike important to the success of the program. Absolutely.

Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast