_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

  1. #101
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,097

    Default Re: Softball Program

    It doesn't matter what Babb did, and I've never heard of football players doing anything with maintenance, it's the universities responsibility to maintain ALL facilities.


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,068
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why does UL need to cut the grass? Babb cut the grass for years. Should UL cut the grass for them just because they are women? Because that's not gender equality. Raise the money and get turf like the other sports did if you don't want to cut the grass. None of this story makes sense.
    Babb cutting the grass included supplemental pay. Cajun Field included.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Mike and this softball team put UL in the positive spotlight year in and year out. We spend about as much time on ESPN and ESPN 2 with softball than we do with any other program. They have a following, they make money, they are one of the only teams we have that are realistically capable of winning a D1 National Championship. The Lotiefs and their program are more important to this school and this community than many realize. It's far more than money.
    the bolded part bothers me. no one at UL is bigger than any program we have.

  4. #104
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,260

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It doesn't matter what Babb did, and I've never heard of football players doing anything with maintenance, it's the universities responsibility to maintain ALL facilities.
    Talk to any baseball player pre-turf era. Ask him about "that ____ing tarp" (their words, not mine) players had to move every time it rained, day or night.

  5. #105
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,235

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Why does UL need to cut the grass? Babb cut the grass for years. Should UL cut the grass for them just because they are women? Because that's not gender equality. Raise the money and get turf like the other sports did if you don't want to cut the grass. None of this story makes sense.
    Babb cut the grass because he was paid to cut the grass to supplement his salary which was well below par. He also cut the football field at that time as part of the deal.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It doesn't matter what Babb did, and I've never heard of football players doing anything with maintenance, it's the universities responsibility to maintain ALL facilities.
    Of course it doesn't matter because people want to push their own narrative. The facts never matter when it doesn't fit the narrative. Mike pushed a button that he knew people would jump on without hearing the other side. He just made himself a social justice warrior. Ask yourself this, if he was put on leave for no reason at all, do you think he would put out that statement considering the lawsuit he would be filing against the university for wrongful termination? Or defamation of character? Or whatever else he could win in court for being totally innocent? Something with this story smells rotten and it isn't all on the university. Why would he remain silent fir so long? It took him 2 weeks to realize what he did was in the name of gender equality?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Babb cut the grass because he was paid to cut the grass to supplement his salary which was well below par. He also cut the football field at that time as part of the deal.
    Yes it was the deal because the university grounds crew isn't part of the deal. So make a deal.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,078
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Softball Program

    When someone is placed on administrative leave at my job it is usually because management is getting the paperwork prepared to terminate him or her. I hope that is not the case here.


  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    When someone is placed on administrative leave at my job it is usually because management is getting the paperwork prepared to terminate him or her. I hope that is not the case here.
    If this is true, Maggard better prove his worth with the pending hire. Fans will be ____ed.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If this is true, Maggard better prove his worth with the pending hire. Fans will be ____ed.
    Outside of the softball circle, I don't think people will be ____ed. I won't.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Free reign was taken away when the AD made it clear if a player gets arrested they're gone. Which contradicts what Mike did with HH and her DWI
    Maggard never said that, he said "suspended indefinitely."

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,495

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Outside of the softball circle, I don't think people will be ____ed. I won't.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Outside of the softball circle, I don't think people will be ____ed. I won't.
    Yeah, I meant softball fans. Those who have heavily supported and helped finance the program.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yeah, I meant softball fans. Those who have heavily supported and helped finance the program.
    Oh, my bad.
    You're right about that. Our softball people are a passionate, unique bunch. And I'm not patronizing them, I mean that. I can't imagine how I'd be dealing if this was Robe...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,609
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    When someone is placed on administrative leave at my job it is usually because management is getting the paperwork prepared to terminate him or her. I hope that is not the case here.
    This more likely today, than before yesterday.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This more likely today, than before yesterday.
    If mike is indeed being fired, it better be for something egregious. Maggard and Yanko would be foolish for trying to merely make a point with this firing.. You'd effectively be poisoning the water hole.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,802

    Default Re: Softball Program

    I love Mike as the UL softball coach and think he is fantastic at his job.

    But...have there ever been trainers at every practice? Has the grass never been mowed? Sure as hell seems to me that if this wasn't standard stuff over the last 6-7 years, then maybe he should have made his social justice stand then. Funds could have gone to these things instead of a jewel of a stadium. Or an indoor hitting facility. He sure didn't turn those things down to have trainers at practice, higher pay for assistants or someone to cut the grass. LOTS of money was spent on those two facilities that could have been used for his current crusade.

    That said, we don't know the whole story and I agree with a poster above, if the university places a highly visible, well-known coach on administrative leave, there should be a public statement as to why.


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If mike is indeed being fired, it better be for something egregious. Maggard and Yanko would be foolish for trying to merely make a point with this firing.. You'd effectively be poisoning the water hole.
    Yep. It wouldn't be pretty.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep. It wouldn't be pretty.
    No matter what? Or just based off one side of the story?

  20. #120
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,534

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    the bolded part bothers me. no one at UL is bigger than any program we have.
    Not saying they are bigger, just that they are important and the Lotief's have made this program their own. Would we still have a program without Mike? Sure. Is Mike important to the success of the program. Absolutely.

Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •