_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: Softball Program

Whoever he told to go fk themselves better offer him an apology.

Whatever he's asking for is cheaper than a new coach and a 2/3 empthy stadium. I'm not nuking the program over doing the right thing, and having him chew out my ___ about not doing the right thing.

To those thinking he's easily replaced. Damn I hope you're right in about twenty years from now, but I'm not really risking that over an office squabble.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Softball Program

Mike has National powers coming to Louisiana every year.

How much is that worth?

At the end of the day....softball being great does nothing for the athletic department....except give us bragging rights over certain schools close in vicinity.

With that being said... if it's a hurt feelings report filed to HR that caused this... man up and move on.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Keep in mind this is the guy who gave up some of his salary to pay assistant coaches, and his salary wasn't much. I'm pretty sure the combined salaries for all three paid coaches is less than what was listed earlier in this thread for Pat Murphy, which is also wrong. His base salary is $265K per year with bonuses of $40-50K per year. Michigan's coach is also making over $1/2M. Clint Meyers was making over $200K at Auburn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    At the end of the day....softball being great does nothing for the athletic department....except give us bragging rights over certain schools close in vicinity.

With that being said... if it's a hurt feelings report filed to HR that caused this... man up and move on.
    The program has national powers visit Louisiana every year. Your statement is false.

I became a fan of UL after researching Boxing, gymnastics, weightlifting, and wrestling.

Football is my favorite sport.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    All I'm telling anyone is you'd best wait to hear the entire story from both sides before deciding to side with.....if you're going to side with anyone. No, I don't know the whole story but I do know this......it seems this damned University can't go one week without some kind of drama breaking out.
    I'd listen to what this guy is suggesting right here...2 sides to every story.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

All I'm telling anyone is you'd best wait to hear the entire story from both sides before deciding to side with.....if you're going to side with anyone. No, I don't know the whole story but I do know this......it seems this damned University can't go one week without some kind of drama breaking out.
    I'm with you. This looks like an inside squabble that needs to go back inside. But if my daughter were a softball prospect, I'd like to know there are people like Mike that battle for the program. If I were an AD... Mike would probably get under my skin pretty quick.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The program has national powers visit Louisiana every year. Your statement is false.

I became a fan of UL after researching Boxing, gymnastics, weightlifting, and wrestling.

Football is my favorite sport.
    I'd also say if you don't think Mike is the reason a lot of those top 10 teams that have come to Lafayette for a three game weekend series you're fooling yourself.

He'll be back in time for the season. Lawyer move .
    Timing is everything.
    At least he isn't dealing with the fossil or we'd be looking for another plaque

Again... if you're not in Lamson Park or reading this website...no one knows that....

Is there a way to direct RCAF contributions to specific programs?

Sound like this was a "level setting" move by Maggard.

Mike may have a point in his argument, but the good ole days of operating the softball program in a vacum is over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Again... if you're not in Lamson Park or reading this website...no one knows that....
    As small as the total awareness numbers may be, the positive image cost per individual impacted is the highest ROI in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yeah? Oklahoma's Glasco just signed a 7 year extension for $1,000,000 a year. That's one million. Mike probably makes a tenth of that. Not sure that's such great a deal as you think it is.
    Holy crap. A million bucks??????

I guess the P5 arms race is moving over to softball. That's really bad news for a program like ours.

IMO Lotief is irreplaceable. There is no coach of his stature that would be willing to come here and stay here for the amount of money we can afford to pay.

As small as the total awareness numbers may be, the positive image cost per individual impacted is the highest ROI in the country.
    And that does nothing for the UL athletic department bank account... sorry.

BTW this such a great (but deeply dishonest) PR move on Lotief's part. Instead of admitting that he goofed up and crossed a line he put out a narrative that he got suspended because he was standing up for women's rights. This is starting to make the rounds on social media and UL is getting pounding for this. It's amazing how quickly people jump to conclusions.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mike and this softball team put UL in the positive spotlight year in and year out. We spend about as much time on ESPN and ESPN 2 with softball than we do with any other program. They have a following, they make money, they are one of the only teams we have that are realistically capable of winning a D1 National Championship. The Lotiefs and their program are more important to this school and this community than many realize. It's far more than money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    BTW this such a great (but deeply dishonest) PR move on Lotief's part. Instead of admitting that he goofed up and crossed a line he put out a narrative that he got suspended because he was standing up for women's rights. This is starting to make the rounds on social media and UL is getting pounding for this. It's amazing how quickly people jump to conclusions.
    How do you know he isn't right?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    How do you know he isn't right?
    I'm going to post this one more time.....wait until you get both sides of this deal before taking sides in this.....if there is any one side to take....

I'm going to post this one more time.....wait until you get both sides of this deal before taking sides in this.....if there is any one side to take....
    Agreed. Hard to assume anything from just one article with a vague statement.

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast