_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed.

And, to a larger point. If the end result is he is no longer with the program, WE WILL BE FINE.

That night sound harsh, but it is true.
    Gotta disagree.

You really think lightning will strike THREE times for Cajun softball to get a third elite coach? You think that there is another elite softball coach out there who loves Acadiana and the Cajun softball program enough to choose UL over other higher (much) paying universities?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If Lotief was placed on administrative leave I have to assume he crossed a big line. Naturally his lawyer is going to try to get ahead of the story and spin it into him being some crusader for gender equality, but this is probably more about him not being able to control his emotions.

I know of a few coaches at UL who get frustrated with how much football monopolizes everything. Compared to football every other program is treated like a second class citizen. I can definitely see how that would frustrate Lotief too. But I don't think he has a right to say the university hasn't done its part to help the softball program. Our facilities are first class.

Lotief is one of the greatest things that ever happened to this university. I hope they can work things out.
    Agree 100%....

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Gotta disagree.

You really think lightning will strike THREE times for Cajun softball to get a third elite coach? You think that there is another elite softball coach out there who loves Acadiana and the Cajun softball program enough to choose UL over other higher (much) paying universities?
    I'm with you.... the program would take a serious hit

Blog Entries

When Buckley came to UL (Advertiser) he refused to cover softball.

Foote still does it.

It doesn't surprise me that Lotief always feels second fiddle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When Buckley came to UL (Advertiser) he refused to cover softball.

Foote still does it.

It doesn't surprise me that Lotief always feels second fiddle.
    Well he and Foote have a personal relationship, so there is that as well. Just saying....

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If Lotief was placed on administrative leave I have to assume he crossed a big line. Naturally his lawyer is going to try to get ahead of the story and spin it into him being some crusader for gender equality, but this is probably more about him not being able to control his emotions.

I know of a few coaches at UL who get frustrated with how much football monopolizes everything. Compared to football every other program is treated like a second class citizen. I can definitely see how that would frustrate Lotief too. But I don't think he has a right to say the university hasn't done its part to help the softball program. Our facilities are first class.

Lotief is one of the greatest things that ever happened to this university. I hope they can work things out.
    Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder why we have those facilities? Maybe because of previous lobbying that took years to get done? Maybe because someone went our and raised the money that the university didn't have?

Mike needs to realize he coaches softball. Take a look around the nation where most softball programs rank in the pecking order for the athletic department. Considering the fact that he was first to get a new stadium I'd say that's pretty good. Hey coach shhh you got a pretty good deal here.

The university cannot publicly discuss personel matters so him using the media to state his side is a bit unfair. I suspect there is a little blame on his part as well. This job would be very attractive to a lot of young coaches. I suspect the program will survive and thrive regardless. This is not the first time he has publicly thrown a fit.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Gotta disagree.

The answer to both your questions is NO, and this university will be fine with whatever level of softball we play as a result.

Besides, I think we will attract a very high quality replacement, if we have to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The university cannot publicly discuss personel matters so him using the media to state his side is a bit unfair. I suspect there is a little blame on his part as well. This job would be very attractive to a lot of young coaches. I suspect the program will survive and thrive regardless. This is not the first time he has publicly thrown a fit.
    In all fairness, the university was supposed to release their comments through Aaron Martin, they have not. He's been on leave for 11 days now. That is entirely their fault, not his in my opinion.

fanof71 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Blame Hud...when football isn't generating anything of note, everyone takes the hit...I'm guessing that its budget planning time there's not enough to go around, Lotief goes ballistic...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In all fairness, the university was supposed to release their comments through Aaron Martin, they have not. He's been on leave for 11 days now. That is entirely their fault, not his in my opinion.
    This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The answer to both your questions is NO, and this university will be fine with whatever level of softball we play as a result.

Besides, I think we will attract a very high quality replacement, if we have to.
    Tech is still a laughing stock for letting a known commodity slide.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Why are we not surprised...marketing and communications strike again

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Blame Hud...when football isn't generating anything of note, everyone takes the hit...I'm guessing that its budget planning time there's not enough to go around, Lotief goes ballistic...
    Wow...it only took 30 posts for HUD to finally get blamed for the softball problems. New record !!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Mike needs to realize he coaches softball. Take a look around the nation where most softball programs rank in the pecking order for the athletic department. Considering the fact that he was first to get a new stadium I'd say that's pretty good. Hey coach shhh you got a pretty good deal here.
    Yeah? Oklahoma's Glasco just signed a 7 year extension for $1,000,000 a year. That's one million. Mike probably makes a tenth of that. Not sure that's such great a deal as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yeah? Oklahoma's Glasco just signed a 7 year extension for $1,000,000 a year. That's one million. Mike probably makes a tenth of that. Not sure that's such great a deal as you think it is.
    back in 2011, Pat Murphy (former Cajuns assistant) got a new contract with Alabama worth 225K

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: Softball Program

The conversation didn't appear to have anything to do with facilities. Instead it was about paying his coaches, providing proper training personnel, providing proper assessments on our young women, mowing the fu—king grass for goodness sakes.

Maybe Mike went over the verbal line in his defense of what our athletes needed.

In a vacuum of facts I'm backing Coach Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You're wrong...ul softball is a nationally recognized program and brand. Its probably along with baseball, the only 2 programs at ul that are known and RESPECTED nationally...football? Hardly..basketball..nope. Lotief would do this job for free, he's made his "pretty good deal" with less than u could imagine...

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

All I'm telling anyone is you'd best wait to hear the entire story from both sides before deciding to side with.....if you're going to side with anyone. No, I don't know the whole story but I do know this......it seems this damned University can't go one week without some kind of drama breaking out.

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast