_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,306
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed.

    And, to a larger point. If the end result is he is no longer with the program, WE WILL BE FINE.

    That night sound harsh, but it is true.
    Gotta disagree.

    You really think lightning will strike THREE times for Cajun softball to get a third elite coach? You think that there is another elite softball coach out there who loves Acadiana and the Cajun softball program enough to choose UL over other higher (much) paying universities?

  2. #22
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If Lotief was placed on administrative leave I have to assume he crossed a big line. Naturally his lawyer is going to try to get ahead of the story and spin it into him being some crusader for gender equality, but this is probably more about him not being able to control his emotions.

    I know of a few coaches at UL who get frustrated with how much football monopolizes everything. Compared to football every other program is treated like a second class citizen. I can definitely see how that would frustrate Lotief too. But I don't think he has a right to say the university hasn't done its part to help the softball program. Our facilities are first class.

    Lotief is one of the greatest things that ever happened to this university. I hope they can work things out.
    Agree 100%....

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Gotta disagree.

    You really think lightning will strike THREE times for Cajun softball to get a third elite coach? You think that there is another elite softball coach out there who loves Acadiana and the Cajun softball program enough to choose UL over other higher (much) paying universities?
    I'm with you.... the program would take a serious hit

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,893
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Softball Program

    When Buckley came to UL (Advertiser) he refused to cover softball.

    Foote still does it.

    It doesn't surprise me that Lotief always feels second fiddle.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When Buckley came to UL (Advertiser) he refused to cover softball.

    Foote still does it.

    It doesn't surprise me that Lotief always feels second fiddle.
    Well he and Foote have a personal relationship, so there is that as well. Just saying....

  6. #26
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,196

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If Lotief was placed on administrative leave I have to assume he crossed a big line. Naturally his lawyer is going to try to get ahead of the story and spin it into him being some crusader for gender equality, but this is probably more about him not being able to control his emotions.

    I know of a few coaches at UL who get frustrated with how much football monopolizes everything. Compared to football every other program is treated like a second class citizen. I can definitely see how that would frustrate Lotief too. But I don't think he has a right to say the university hasn't done its part to help the softball program. Our facilities are first class.

    Lotief is one of the greatest things that ever happened to this university. I hope they can work things out.
    Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder why we have those facilities? Maybe because of previous lobbying that took years to get done? Maybe because someone went our and raised the money that the university didn't have?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,243

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Mike needs to realize he coaches softball. Take a look around the nation where most softball programs rank in the pecking order for the athletic department. Considering the fact that he was first to get a new stadium I'd say that's pretty good. Hey coach shhh you got a pretty good deal here.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    The university cannot publicly discuss personel matters so him using the media to state his side is a bit unfair. I suspect there is a little blame on his part as well. This job would be very attractive to a lot of young coaches. I suspect the program will survive and thrive regardless. This is not the first time he has publicly thrown a fit.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,430

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Gotta disagree.

    You really think lightning will strike THREE times for Cajun softball to get a third elite coach? You think that there is another elite softball coach out there who loves Acadiana and the Cajun softball program enough to choose UL over other higher (much) paying universities?
    The answer to both your questions is NO, and this university will be fine with whatever level of softball we play as a result.

    Besides, I think we will attract a very high quality replacement, if we have to.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The university cannot publicly discuss personel matters so him using the media to state his side is a bit unfair. I suspect there is a little blame on his part as well. This job would be very attractive to a lot of young coaches. I suspect the program will survive and thrive regardless. This is not the first time he has publicly thrown a fit.
    In all fairness, the university was supposed to release their comments through Aaron Martin, they have not. He's been on leave for 11 days now. That is entirely their fault, not his in my opinion.

  11. #31
    fanof71 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,335

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Blame Hud...when football isn't generating anything of note, everyone takes the hit...I'm guessing that its budget planning time there's not enough to go around, Lotief goes ballistic...


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In all fairness, the university was supposed to release their comments through Aaron Martin, they have not. He's been on leave for 11 days now. That is entirely their fault, not his in my opinion.
    This

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,893
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The answer to both your questions is NO, and this university will be fine with whatever level of softball we play as a result.

    Besides, I think we will attract a very high quality replacement, if we have to.
    Tech is still a laughing stock for letting a known commodity slide.

  14. #34
    fanof71 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In all fairness, the university was supposed to release their comments through Aaron Martin, they have not. He's been on leave for 11 days now. That is entirely their fault, not his in my opinion.
    Why are we not surprised...marketing and communications strike again

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Blame Hud...when football isn't generating anything of note, everyone takes the hit...I'm guessing that its budget planning time there's not enough to go around, Lotief goes ballistic...
    Wow...it only took 30 posts for HUD to finally get blamed for the softball problems. New record !!

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Mike needs to realize he coaches softball. Take a look around the nation where most softball programs rank in the pecking order for the athletic department. Considering the fact that he was first to get a new stadium I'd say that's pretty good. Hey coach shhh you got a pretty good deal here.
    Yeah? Oklahoma's Glasco just signed a 7 year extension for $1,000,000 a year. That's one million. Mike probably makes a tenth of that. Not sure that's such great a deal as you think it is.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yeah? Oklahoma's Glasco just signed a 7 year extension for $1,000,000 a year. That's one million. Mike probably makes a tenth of that. Not sure that's such great a deal as you think it is.
    back in 2011, Pat Murphy (former Cajuns assistant) got a new contract with Alabama worth 225K

  18. #38
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,007

    UL Softball Re: Softball Program

    The conversation didn't appear to have anything to do with facilities. Instead it was about paying his coaches, providing proper training personnel, providing proper assessments on our young women, mowing the fu—king grass for goodness sakes.

    Maybe Mike went over the verbal line in his defense of what our athletes needed.

    In a vacuum of facts I'm backing Coach Mike.


  19. #39
    fanof71 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Mike needs to realize he coaches softball. Take a look around the nation where most softball programs rank in the pecking order for the athletic department. Considering the fact that he was first to get a new stadium I'd say that's pretty good. Hey coach shhh you got a pretty good deal here.
    You're wrong...ul softball is a nationally recognized program and brand. Its probably along with baseball, the only 2 programs at ul that are known and RESPECTED nationally...football? Hardly..basketball..nope. Lotief would do this job for free, he's made his "pretty good deal" with less than u could imagine...

  20. #40
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default Re: Softball Program

    All I'm telling anyone is you'd best wait to hear the entire story from both sides before deciding to side with.....if you're going to side with anyone. No, I don't know the whole story but I do know this......it seems this damned University can't go one week without some kind of drama breaking out.


Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •