Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2122

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    That's it, shut down all the minor women's sports, and dedicate those funds and scholarships to fielding a really really large beach volleyball team.
    You see, it's sexist comments like that that forces softball coaches to grab a player by the hair and call her a _____.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    You see, it's sexist comments like that that forces softball coaches to grab a player by the hair and call her a _____.
    Ok gotcha. Let ML know I'm sorry I made him do that and get fired.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

1300+ post and 98000+ views. Is there anything more to say?

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Why would the univ put themselves through all the backlash and stress to fire a softball coach .. Hate to break it to you no one cares about softball from a national standpoint. I work with 5 Oklahoma grads and were ____ed they gave the coach a mill they feel it could be better used in baseball
    ESPN cares about NCAA softball. It absolutely scorches men's baseball in the ratings. And I would venture to say that OU softball (with the ESPN tv money factored in) generated more revenue than OU baseball did. One can assume that the raise that OU gave Patty Gasso (I believe her base is $750,000 that could increase to $1 mill with incentives) reflects the over all value of the softball program to the university.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

That is 13 years of watching the madness and resisting the urge to post.
    Welcome to RaginPagin.
    Damn. Proof right there this dude would never crack under interrogation. It's basically impossible not to be triggered into commenting on something here!

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Does J1M have any eligibility remaining? Oh, wait, never mind.
    I'm not just eligible... I'm available. Get this program started now!

Does J1M have any eligibility remaining? Oh, wait, never mind.
    I hate you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I hate you.
    If you wore thongs... you'd learn not to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    ESPN cares about NCAA softball. It absolutely scorches men's baseball in the ratings. And I would venture to say that OU softball (with the ESPN tv money factored in) generated more revenue than OU baseball did. One can assume that the raise that OU gave Patty Gasso (I believe her base is $750,000 that could increase to $1 mill with incentives) reflects the over all value of the softball program to the university.
    Our bowl game against Tulane had a million more viewers than game 3 of that years WCWS champions .. that should tell you something

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Yeah! What, are they above smiling? LOL. Just kidding, geaux get 'em boys.
    Game face and swag for days. They got throw down. No wilting tulips there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC1 View Post
    I still am a Lotief supporter. I have been surprised at the number of people who seem to be happy with Loteif firing. Are these peoeple resentful of the amount of money that has gone into the softball program or jealous that their favorite program has never had the success of Lotiefs program?
    Some post with a know it all attitude and demean others for their opinion.
    My wife is not a sports fan but enjoyed attending and following UL softball only because of the Lotiefs family oriented approach. Along with other women I have talked to, she is very skeptical of stories from disgruntled former players etc who have ill will for Loteif and the program.
    If women can see through this charade, why do so many MEN have their panties in a wad over this BS.
    Poking someone in the shoulder? Really?
    Loteif did need some counseling in manners but I can't believe that a great coach was fired like this.
    Your wife and those other women you talked to know this was a charade by disgruntled former athletes? I hope they are ready to testify. "Knowing" by virtue of advanced "charade skills" that the former players lied is pretty powerful. Please have your wife and those other women contact Michael Lotief's legal team.

Please also let your wife know that I wear a thong... so my panties don't wad. And tell her that I'm not happy that Michael Lotief fell from grace at UL. He is a fantastic results coach. I was very sad to hear what several former athletes reported. If your wife and "the other women" can exonerate him with testimony of their charade knowledge... please have them come forth as witnesses. I fear that some of the athletes that support Michael are not going to make great witnesses. They are going to be forced to come clean on what they experienced and witnessed. And their opinions of "it's just what coaches do" isn't going to cut it. But your wife and the other women... with their charade skills... may be very helpful in the court system. The court is very respectful and appreciative of people with long distance charade cracking skills.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by NC1 View Post
    I still am a Lotief supporter. I have been surprised at the number of people who seem to be happy with Loteif firing. Are these peoeple resentful of the amount of money that has gone into the softball program or jealous that their favorite program has never had the success of Lotiefs program?
    Some post with a know it all attitude and demean others for their opinion.
    My wife is not a sports fan but enjoyed attending and following UL softball only because of the Lotiefs family oriented approach. Along with other women I have talked to, she is very skeptical of stories from disgruntled former players etc who have ill will for Loteif and the program.
    If women can see through this charade, why do so many MEN have their panties in a wad over this BS.
    Poking someone in the shoulder? Really?
    Loteif did need some counseling in manners but I can't believe that a great coach was fired like this.
    NO ONE is happy Coach Lotief was fired. All or sad that it had to happen. It's just that some believe there is absolute proof of his inappropriate behavior. Many believe that "poke" you refer to in your post was much more than that. As far as counseling in manners goes, how do you know that was not suggested and rejected by Coach Lotief. Most here work in the business world and understand that type of behavior would have resulted in termination a long time ago. It is a very sad situation and all wish Coach well in his future whatever that might bring.

The Title 9 issues may create real challenges and are separate and apart from Lotief's personal issues described herein.Sometimes trainers are hired without input from all minor sports and may not have sport specific skills for all sports.Stephen Curry's career was resurrected by excellent sport specific training geared at protecting his ankles.My son and his teammates could not practice for a week due to a trainer applying football specific drills to another sport and not being properly trained in some other sports.I am only proferring here that trainer concerns by coaches for minor sports are a concern at some universities.Regardless of Lotief's alleged responses to trainers if he has communications to superiors about proper safe and effective training not being delivered appropriately as with other male programs his response is not relevant to the Title 9 issues that seem to be arising here.Disparity in fields being mowed is a minimal but frustrating issue compared to alleged training safely or staff not being paid timely like others.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The only Title IX issue that I have gleaned from this process was the clear violation by Mike Lotief of calling a professional S & C coach a token hire and therefore incompetent because she is female. Lotief lost all credibility on Title IX issues with that statement. He made it very clear that Title IX is only important to him if it helps Mike Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    The Title 9 issues may create real challenges and are separate and apart from Lotief's personal issues described herein.Sometimes trainers are hired without input from all minor sports and may not have sport specific skills for all sports.Stephen Curry's career was resurrected by excellent sport specific training geared at protecting his ankles.My son and his teammates could not practice for a week due to a trainer applying football specific drills to another sport and not being properly trained in some other sports.I am only proferring here that trainer concerns by coaches for minor sports are a concern at some universities.Regardless of Lotief's alleged responses to trainers if he has communications to superiors about proper safe and effective training not being delivered appropriately as with other male programs his response is not relevant to the Title 9 issues that seem to be arising here.Disparity in fields being mowed is a minimal but frustrating issue compared to alleged training safely or staff not being paid timely like others.
    The Title IX crap is just that, crap. Obviously, to me, a deflection to his upcoming troubles. It was part of his weak threats during his meltdown with the S&C coach per the complaints filed.

Maybe some here should google Title 9 including retaliation issues and results at multiple Fresno St programs ,Quinnipiac and Midland.If you haven't served on committees with university AD's and read what happened or is happening at the places I referenced you may not fully informed about how serious this could become.It often is in all parties best interest in these matters to at least try to mediate disagreements early and often so all can move on.

He literally claimed he could get UL "in so much trouble for Title IX issues". However, his argument was "Oklahoma's coach makes over $1 million a year". Dumbest statement ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    He literally claimed he could get UL "in so much trouble for Title IX issues". However, his argument was "Oklahoma's coach makes over $1 million a year". Dumbest statement ever.
    I've heard much dumber statements than that to be certain, but that was definitely not one of the most well-thought out arguments he's ever made. If he was preparing a statement, I think he'd throw that thought out pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    In the same conversation, he repeatedly said the strength coach was a token hire because she was a woman, and repeatedly poked her in the shoulder while calling her "a little girl."

Let's go to court, Jerry Baldwin. I'll take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    In the same conversation, he repeatedly said the strength coach was a token hire because she was a woman, and repeatedly poked her in the shoulder while calling her "a little girl."

Let's go to court, Jerry Baldwin. I'll take my chances.
    I'd rather not because it is a waste of everybody's time and resources. Not to mention not letting this program and more importantly student athletes move on. But yeah I read the whole incident report and it was shocking.

Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast