_ _ _ _
Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Default Re: Softball Program

The Title 9 issues may create real challenges and are separate and apart from Lotief's personal issues described herein.Sometimes trainers are hired without input from all minor sports and may not have sport specific skills for all sports.Stephen Curry's career was resurrected by excellent sport specific training geared at protecting his ankles.My son and his teammates could not practice for a week due to a trainer applying football specific drills to another sport and not being properly trained in some other sports.I am only proferring here that trainer concerns by coaches for minor sports are a concern at some universities.Regardless of Lotief's alleged responses to trainers if he has communications to superiors about proper safe and effective training not being delivered appropriately as with other male programs his response is not relevant to the Title 9 issues that seem to be arising here.Disparity in fields being mowed is a minimal but frustrating issue compared to alleged training safely or staff not being paid timely like others.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The only Title IX issue that I have gleaned from this process was the clear violation by Mike Lotief of calling a professional S & C coach a token hire and therefore incompetent because she is female. Lotief lost all credibility on Title IX issues with that statement. He made it very clear that Title IX is only important to him if it helps Mike Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    The Title 9 issues may create real challenges and are separate and apart from Lotief's personal issues described herein.Sometimes trainers are hired without input from all minor sports and may not have sport specific skills for all sports.Stephen Curry's career was resurrected by excellent sport specific training geared at protecting his ankles.My son and his teammates could not practice for a week due to a trainer applying football specific drills to another sport and not being properly trained in some other sports.I am only proferring here that trainer concerns by coaches for minor sports are a concern at some universities.Regardless of Lotief's alleged responses to trainers if he has communications to superiors about proper safe and effective training not being delivered appropriately as with other male programs his response is not relevant to the Title 9 issues that seem to be arising here.Disparity in fields being mowed is a minimal but frustrating issue compared to alleged training safely or staff not being paid timely like others.
    The Title IX crap is just that, crap. Obviously, to me, a deflection to his upcoming troubles. It was part of his weak threats during his meltdown with the S&C coach per the complaints filed.

Maybe some here should google Title 9 including retaliation issues and results at multiple Fresno St programs ,Quinnipiac and Midland.If you haven't served on committees with university AD's and read what happened or is happening at the places I referenced you may not fully informed about how serious this could become.It often is in all parties best interest in these matters to at least try to mediate disagreements early and often so all can move on.

He literally claimed he could get UL "in so much trouble for Title IX issues". However, his argument was "Oklahoma's coach makes over $1 million a year". Dumbest statement ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    He literally claimed he could get UL "in so much trouble for Title IX issues". However, his argument was "Oklahoma's coach makes over $1 million a year". Dumbest statement ever.
    I've heard much dumber statements than that to be certain, but that was definitely not one of the most well-thought out arguments he's ever made. If he was preparing a statement, I think he'd throw that thought out pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    In the same conversation, he repeatedly said the strength coach was a token hire because she was a woman, and repeatedly poked her in the shoulder while calling her "a little girl."

Let's go to court, Jerry Baldwin. I'll take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    In the same conversation, he repeatedly said the strength coach was a token hire because she was a woman, and repeatedly poked her in the shoulder while calling her "a little girl."

I'd rather not because it is a waste of everybody's time and resources. Not to mention not letting this program and more importantly student athletes move on. But yeah I read the whole incident report and it was shocking.

Lil guy got to big for his softball britches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun View Post
    Lil guy got to big for his softball britches.
    Stretched or not he sure left some big pants to fill.

I don't think he ever encountered the power of a coordinated letter writing campaign before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    ESPN cares about NCAA softball. It absolutely scorches men's baseball in the ratings. And I would venture to say that OU softball (with the ESPN tv money factored in) generated more revenue than OU baseball did. One can assume that the raise that OU gave Patty Gasso (I believe her base is $750,000 that could increase to $1 mill with incentives) reflects the over all value of the softball program to the university.
    2017 CWS vs WCWS Ratings

Game 1
    CWS: 1.826 Mil
    WCWS: 1.677 Mil

Game 2
    CWS: 2.067 Mil
    WCWS: 1.763 Mil

Source ESPN

So you were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    I didn't know Stephen Curry's career needed "resurrecting".

You "Absolutely" never win going to court....unless you are O.J. You saw how long the Baldwin case went for. It takes money and a lot of it to carry something that long. Representation costs alone would not be worth it, especially when at the end of the day, you'd only proving that you made a right decision.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    2017 CWS vs WCWS Ratings

Game 1
    CWS: 1.826 Mil
    WCWS: 1.677 Mil

Game 2
    CWS: 2.067 Mil
    WCWS: 1.763 Mil

Source ESPN

So you were saying?
    NCAA Baseball needs the CWS to lead into the MLB draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    NCAA Baseball needs the CWS to lead into the MLB draft.
    No, what the CWS needed was a format makeover. I think this format is the best they've come up with so far. Still can be improved, but the entire playoff system in college baseball has improved a lot in 10 years.

No, what the CWS needed was a format makeover. I think this format is the best they've come up with so far. Still can be improved, but the entire playoff system in college baseball has improved a lot in 10 years.
    A format makeover? The only thing I see changed was the format going from a single championship game to best of 3 (it's been two brackets since the 90's). What am I missing?

A format makeover? The only thing I see changed was the format going from a single championship game to best of 3 (it's been two brackets since the 90's). What am I missing?
    Losing teams no longer switch sides of the bracket.

Postseason format has been tweaked several times. Losing teams stay put in their bracket for one.. Most notably going to a super regional format rather than just the regionals. Also this year they will be seeding the top 16 seeds nationally, rather than just 8. And like you said, changing the final game to a 3 game series was important.

Postseason format has been tweaked several times. Losing teams stay put in their bracket for one.. Most notably going to a super regional format rather than just the regionals. Also this year they will be seeding the top 16 seeds nationally, rather than just 8. And like you said, changing the final game to a 3 game series was important.
    Next, they need to squash the college world series quite a bit. That tournament is ridiculously long for no reason. You literally need maybe 3 starters to get through the whole thing.

Next, they need to squash the college world series quite a bit. That tournament is ridiculously long for no reason. You literally need maybe 3 starters to get through the whole thing.
    ESPN is dumping millions into college baseball and it's getting the best ratings its ever gotten. I think what they're doing seems to be working brother.

Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast