_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Maggard never said that, he said "suspended indefinitely."
    Thanks for the correction. Either way, it's not the way Mike handled it.

Does Lotief lose his job over this? I'd be ____ed if I were T-Joe and Maggard right now. Regardless of whether the suspension is warranted or not, you do not leak it to the media and have your attorney magically have a statement ready to go in anticipation of the media contacting you for comment and also knowing damn well that the university will not comment on personnel matters. This stinks the high heavens and it isn't from the university side.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I love Mike as the UL softball coach and think he is fantastic at his job.

But...have there ever been trainers at every practice? Has the grass never been mowed? Sure as hell seems to me that if this wasn't standard stuff over the last 6-7 years, then maybe he should have made his social justice stand then. Funds could have gone to these things instead of a jewel of a stadium. Or an indoor hitting facility. He sure didn't turn those things down to have trainers at practice, higher pay for assistants or someone to cut the grass. LOTS of money was spent on those two facilities that could have been used for his current crusade.

That said, we don't know the whole story and I agree with a poster above, if the university places a highly visible, well-known coach on administrative leave, there should be a public statement as to why.
    Pretty sure the stadium was university financed with the hitting facility all private donations. The question should be if there are trainers at baseball practices then there should be trainers at softball practice. If there are assessments done for baseball players before weight training the same should be the case for softball. As to the assistants getting paid I'm not clear on whether we are talking about the amount of pay or something else all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    No matter what? Or just based off one side of the story?
    Obviously not a "no matter what".

However, based on the passion the Softball supporters have for the program and for Coach Mike (much like baseball supporters and Robe), any reason for a dismissal better be rock solid.

Starting to get some national attention:

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They should just turf the field and put up a red padded wall while they are at it. Makes things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pretty sure the stadium was university financed with the hitting facility all private donations. The question should be if there are trainers at baseball practices then there should be trainers at softball practice. If there are assessments done for baseball players before weight training the same should be the case for softball. As to the assistants getting paid I'm not clear on whether we are talking about the amount of pay or something else all together.
    And I think it depends what you call "trainers" if robe has grad assistants studying sports medicine as "trainers" then I don't think it's fair to say the university should provide them for softball. So much info that we don't know about which things are provided by the university and which things are paid by individual programs. I would think the trainers and medical staff at games are covered by the university. I don't see how they would provide that for every sports practices. That's a lot of training staff logging a lot of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I know that all of our trainers split their time between sports. So right now during football season (remember football monopolizes everything) football will be their priority so almost all of them are all spending their time with football players, at football practice, and traveling with the team. There's probably not a trainer hanging out at fall softball practice and he probably feels neglected. Once football ends it's a different story. But this isn't a women's rights thing. It's a football vs everyone else thing.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I know that all of our trainers split their time between sports. So right now during football season (remember football monopolizes everything) football will be their priority so almost all of them are all spending their time with football players, at football practice, and traveling with the team. There's probably not a trainer hanging out at fall softball practice and he probably feels neglected. Once football ends it's a different story. But this isn't a women's rights thing. It's a football vs everyone else thing.
    I hate when you post logically. It makes me feel bad for smacking you around when you post all of that other nonsense. I'm even going to give you a green dot for this one.

(Rebel, I just tried to give you a green dot... and I couldn't because you were the last poster I gave a green dot to. It made me "spread the reputation love around" first. Can you believe it? I've been giving you all of the love on this site. You may want to go get tested.)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I hate when you post logically. It makes me feel bad for smacking you around when you post all of that other nonsense. I'm even going to give you a green dot for this one.

(Rebel, I just tried to give you a green dot... and I couldn't because you were the last poster I gave a green dot to. It made me "spread the reputation love around" first. Can you believe it? I've been giving you all of the love on this site. You may want to go get tested.)
    Same

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Same
    According to Channel 3 tonight several UL Softball Student Athletes have retained an attorney and have filed a Title IX Lawsuit against the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post

I'm not some perfectionist or grammar Nazi, but if this is a public release, I would think Clayton's office should have given that thing one more lookover.

Blog Entries

We will get to see how good these lawyers are at squeezing blood out of a turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I'm not some perfectionist or grammar Nazi, but if this is a public release, I would think Clayton's office should have given that thing one more lookover.
    Absolutely.

Having Burgess involved let's me FURTHER know what's really going on here.. A sad, desperate stunt.

What a development this is turning out to be...
    Yet ANOTHER black eye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely.

Having Burgess involved let's me FURTHER know what's really going on here.. A sad, desperate stunt.

What a development this is turning out to be...
    Yet ANOTHER black eye.
    Maggard , I dont blame.. This is a long festering issue of the T Joe/ Shat Farmer mafia..

Blog Entries

P.S. I hate that our athletes are going the way of lawyers to settle whatever grievance they have. If they think that this tactic will help, they can just look towards the NFL.. Attendance will suffer.

Oh good lord.

Dear god this is about to get ugly.

Nm

Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast